Giro 2014 - Stage 11: Collechio - Savona **Spoilers**

Comments

• tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,964
    Daniel Lloyd ‏@daniellloyd1 · 3m
    Luke Durbridge, Orica, also involved in a crash and out of the race. Sounds like mayhem out there.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,180
    Mori, Puccio, Durbridge and Hermans are in difficulty.
    Durbridge has abandoned
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • RichN95.
    If Morabito's in the break as reported then that makes things interesting. There will be lots of teams looking at each ofher wondering who is supposed to be chasing.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    1. Arredondo (TFR), 14 Points
    2. Thurau (EUC), 9
    3. Roche (TCS), 6
    Contador is the Greatest
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    knedlicky wrote:
    What they’ll pass about 500 m short of the top of the Passo Cento Croci.

14236213164_801f0389a0_z.jpg

Looks like he's the only crocodile watching though.
  • frenchfighter
    Ulissi also crashed but is back up. Some reports saying secen riders not 22.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • RichN95.
    Ulissi also crashed but is back up. Some reports saying secen riders not 22.
    And other reports saying it's 60.
  • frenchfighter
    edited May 2014
    Herrada (Movistar Team), Arredondo (Trek), Quintero (Colombia), Cardoso (Garmin - Sharp), Morabito (BMC), Roche and Rovny (Tinkoff-Saxo), Cataldo, Deignan and Siutsou (Sky), Moser (Cannondale), Geniez (FDJ), Bongiono, Colbrelli and Zardini (Bardiani-CSF), Bono (Lampre-Merida), Pauwels (Omega), Finetto (Neri Sottoli), Malacarne, Thurau and Quemeneur (Europcar), Gusev (Katusha), Geschke (Giant-Shimano)

Would be great if that holds. Strong names there, good climbers and punchy riders.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,964
    Daniel Lloyd ‏@daniellloyd1 · 5m
    By the time live TV coverage starts, everything will look very calm. It's a shame they don't show this early part of stage, even 'as live'.

Daniel Lloyd ‏@daniellloyd1 · 15m
    It's come back together slightly - now around 60 riders at the front of the race, including Evans.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • Turfle
    Turfle Posts: 3,762
    HECTIC

New 14:
    Peloton Watch ‏@PelotonWatch 33s
    #Giro Break - Bongiorno, Moser, Mourey, Polanc, Monsalve, Quemeneur, Sicard, Thurau, Preidler, Moreno, Vorganov, Deignan, Roche & Rovny

and they have 1'40.
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    Daniel Lloyd ‏@daniellloyd1 1m

New group of 14 now 1m40 clear
    Correlation is not causation.
  • Richmond Racer
    Richmond Racer Posts: 8,561
    BANZAI action
  • The_Boy
    The_Boy Posts: 3,099
    Paulie W wrote:
    The_Boy wrote:
    Hansen or Kiyrienka from a breakaway. Pozzovivo to try and grab some seconds on the final climb.

Kyrienka isnt in the race! Or am I missing something..?

The only thing you're missing is the fact that I was talking about Kyrienka with my other half when I was making that post. I did, of course, mean "Konstantin Swit...something or other".
    Team My Man 2018: David gaudu, Pierre Latour, Romain Bardet, Thibaut pinot, Alexandre Geniez, Florian Senechal, Warren Barguil, Benoit Cosnefroy
  • The_Boy
    Having just caught up with this thread, it's starting to sound almost as hectic as *that* stage at the Tour last year.
    Team My Man 2018: David gaudu, Pierre Latour, Romain Bardet, Thibaut pinot, Alexandre Geniez, Florian Senechal, Warren Barguil, Benoit Cosnefroy
  • frenchfighter
    Break formed. Over 3mins. Best placed rider is Mourey at 8mins back.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • milton50
    milton50 Posts: 3,856
    So Arredondo has fallen out of the break?
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 20,781
    Milton50 wrote:
    So Arredondo has fallen out of the break?

It looks that way, but I'm hardly well informed.
  • frenchfighter
    4.30 with 110km to go.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • milton50
    milton50 Posts: 3,856
    Apparently Dani Moreno is in the break as well.

The gap is reported to have held steady around 4:30 so it looks like the peloton isn't content to just let the break have it.
  • RonB
    RonB Posts: 3,984
    I assumed that Luke Durbridge had withdrawn, partly because he was already suffering an illness, but it seems he has a suspected broken collarbone.
  • DeadCalm
    DeadCalm Posts: 4,102
    With so many men up the road, anyone think Rolland may be planning something? Or is it just typical Europcar enthusiasm for the break?
    Team My Man 2022:

Antwan Tolhoek, Sam Oomen, Tom Dumoulin, Thymen Arensman, Remco Evenepoel, Benoît Cosnefroy, Tom Pidcock, Mark Cavendish, Romain Bardet
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    There's every reason this stage should come good. Don't disappoint me now, Italy.

I'd loved to watch the first 80km.
  • adr82
    adr82 Posts: 4,002
    (cyclingnews ticker) Some remonstrating going on at the front of the peloton. A Tinkoff-Saxo rider asked the camera bike to move away, which did not receive a good reception from the Androni rider on the front. Tinkoff-Saxo want this move to stick.
  • thomthom
    edited May 2014
    Race was closed and Androni are now the peloton's most unpopular team.

Great stuff.
  • frenchfighter
    DeadCalm wrote:
    With so many men up the road, anyone think Rolland may be planning something? Or is it just typical Europcar enthusiasm for the break?

Wouldnt rule it out but Europcar are always plucky in the breaks and are at the top of the team table. If the break holds out it will help a little.

Androni now on the front of the peloton trying to bring it back as they missed the move.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • adr82
    adr82 Posts: 4,002
    edited May 2014
    More crashes... lots of Lotto, Sky involved, Morabito from BMC?
  • frenchfighter
    Uff, big crash.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • The_Boy
    Are Androni the new pantomime villains?
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,911
    edited May 2014
    Major Skyfall.
    LOL. Evans asking Androni to ease up.
    Morabito. :roll:
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • thomthom
    Evans having a chat with the Androni guys. He did have a few guys in the crash. Tough luck..