2015 Transfers / Rumours and real

Comments

• Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,142
    RichN95 wrote:
    andyp wrote:
    Alex Dowsett extends with Movistar for the next three years.
    Good for him. I felt sure he was on his way out.

I think he may have convinced them with his recent performances. I'd never seen much of him in road races until he missed out on the Tour and then he was very aggressive at Poland (I think it was) and the ToB. Maybe he felt his place was at stake too.
  • 'At the moment, no firm yes or no' - Lampre-Merida denies La Gazzetta report that it has dropped Horner.
    There were rumours that Horner was seen training with Alpecin but it's unlikely anything will develop from this.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    'At the moment, no firm yes or no' - Lampre-Merida denies La Gazzetta report that it has dropped Horner.
    There were rumours that Horner was seen training with Alpecin but it's unlikely anything will develop from this.

GOLD!
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • Campbell Flakemore off to BMC
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Dario Cataldo may be off to Astana. But he may also stay at Sky. (according to Gazzetta)
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • r0bh
    r0bh Posts: 2,382
    Vaughters keeping his riders hanging (again): http://cyclingtips.com.au/2014/09/phil- ... p-renewal/
  • This thread is woefully under-populated. There are 4 names of note that spring to mind that are not included.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • RichN95.
    This thread is woefully under-populated. There are 4 names of note that spring to mind that are not included.
    Well no-one's stopping you...
  • Ah well, you can look back on the thread and see why I stopped.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,642
    Well De Gent is off to Lotto-Soudal (belisol) on a 2 year deal and apparently Vansummeren is off to AG2R (I did wonder whether he would be off to MTN as well!)
  • Haven't seen on here but I may have missed - Ancona off to Movi
  • dish_dash
    manic_esso wrote:
    Haven't seen on here but I may have missed - Ancona off to Movi

Winner!
  • FJS
    FJS Posts: 4,820
    Berhane to MTN, that's more like it
  • Dumolin 5' 3 - Van Summeren 6 ' 6 is this the biggest within team disparity ever?
  • Hopefully De Gendt can get some motivation back at Lotto. He took an 80% pay cut from his pre Giro podium deal at Quickstep so was basically working for the UCI minimum.

Also, he lives in the next village to us and seems a good sort.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • Also, he lives in the next village to us and seems a good sort.

Ooo have you had to choose whether to wheelsuck him yet or not?

#belangrijkvragen
    Correlation is not causation.

#belangrijkvragen

I only seem to see him coming the other way. I jumped on a guy in full OPQS gear with the bike too on the scheldepad a few weeks ago, but I took my turn with him for 10km. Until he started making the turns really short at 40 km into a headwind.

Ladies and gentlemen, Peter Van Petegem.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent

#belangrijkvragen

I only seem to see him coming the other way. I jumped on a guy in full OPQS gear with the bike too on the scheldepad a few weeks ago, but I took my turn with him for 10km. Until he started making the turns really short at 40 km into a headwind.

You'd have had him on a climb Goat.
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,612
    Also, he lives in the next village to us and seems a good sort.

#belangrijkvragen

van Petegem in OPQS gear?? :?

De Gendt's a good lad. Doesn't like riding in the peloton though, which can be a problem.

#belangrijkvragen

No chance. Like every good pro, he let me sit there as long as he wanted to and no longer. Really impressive into a big headwind

Rick, I think he does some work for them now. They were his last team. Either that or someone punts him some gear out of the service course.

@gietvangent
  • poppit
    poppit Posts: 926
    Rory Sutherland to Movistar from Tinkoff
    Eddy Merckx EMX-3
    Dolan L'Etape
    Cougar Zero Uno
    Genesis Core 50
    Planet X TOR

#belangrijkvragen

That's what I tell myself when I see Ellen van Dijk and then I remember where we are riding.
  • dish_dash
    Elisa Longo Borghini joins Wiggle-Honda (from Hitec)
  • Pozzovivo to Sky? Not confirmed but it looks like his newly built customized bike has been leaked:
    BytqaIECAAA5N5y.jpg
  • I hope UCI grants team FACT its licence tomorrow, and they manage to pull together a squad for the Giro next year. I wonder who will unretire to sign up?
  • Pozzovivo to Sky? Not confirmed but it looks like his newly built customized bike has been leaked:
    BytqaIECAAA5N5y.jpg

Nah that's Richie Porte's.
  • RichN95.
    Byxco1dIYAAGDYc.jpg

That's a strong bit of recruitment
  • salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    RichN95 wrote:
    Byxco1dIYAAGDYc.jpg

I'll say.

No sure that's the best move for Konig though, unless they've given up on Porte and don't fancy Kennaugh for GTs.
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • DL1987
    DL1987 Posts: 204
    Salsiccia1 wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:
    Byxco1dIYAAGDYc.jpg

I'll say.

No sure that's the best move for Konig though, unless they've given up on Porte and don't fancy Kennaugh for GTs.

Konig - Giro, Froome - Tour, Kennaugh - Veulta?