2015 Transfers / Rumours and real

Comments

• RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Pross wrote:
    Also, Konig is going to be number 2 at best in virtually any of the World Tour teams at present so it's not a bad move for him. I've been trying to think where he could be the main man and Katusha is the only one I could think of or possibly Lotto but I think it's probably better to be number two with stronger support.
    Of the top (rich) World Tour teams, BMC perhaps? TJVG isn't really someone you'd mention in the same breath as leaders of the other big teams.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,142
    RichN95 wrote:
    Pross wrote:
    Also, Konig is going to be number 2 at best in virtually any of the World Tour teams at present so it's not a bad move for him. I've been trying to think where he could be the main man and Katusha is the only one I could think of or possibly Lotto but I think it's probably better to be number two with stronger support.
    Of the top (rich) World Tour teams, BMC perhaps? TJVG isn't really someone you'd mention in the same breath as leaders of the other big teams.

Yeah, I was thinking of them but I don't think would be prepared to admit he isn't the right man. Most of the others have top contenders or a rider like Konig with huge potential but lacking the support to really challenge.
  • Not particularly OT but...

I noticed earlier Oleg retweeted someone asking him to buy RC Lens in France.

Their current owner is Azerbaijani and goes by the name of Mammadov, but apparantly he's got no money, so maybe Oleg's looking for a move into football.

Could be cycling related if he ditches cycling for football, but probably unlikely. Fits into "rumour" at least
  • RichN95.
    Not particularly OT but...

I noticed earlier Oleg retweeted someone asking him to buy RC Lens in France.

Their current owner is Azerbaijani and goes by the name of Mammadov, but apparantly he's got no money, so maybe Oleg's looking for a move into football.

Could be cycling related if he ditches cycling for football, but probably unlikely. Fits into "rumour" at least
    He's always been a cycling guy though. Used to race himself. I doubt he'd ditch cycling.
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    Not too sure Oleg even has the money to go into football.
  • Andy Fenn definitely leaving OPQS - in talks with Team Sky.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,142
    Andy Fenn definitely leaving OPQS - in talks with Team Sky.

Really? He's lucky if he's going to be staying at WT level.
  • ad_snow
    ad_snow Posts: 469
    Not sure if it's been mentioned but Adam Blythe back to WT level with OGE. http://www1.skysports.com/cycling/news/ ... -year-deal
  • I think Adam Blythe has signed for OGE. Not sure though...
  • The_Boy
    The_Boy Posts: 3,099
    Dominik Nerz (BMC) to Team BORA. Apparently to lead the team in Grand Tours, so I guess that makes Konig > Team Sky official if it wasn't already.
    Team My Man 2018: David gaudu, Pierre Latour, Romain Bardet, Thibaut pinot, Alexandre Geniez, Florian Senechal, Warren Barguil, Benoit Cosnefroy
  • RichN95.
    The_Boy wrote:
    Dominik Nerz (BMC) to Team BORA. Apparently to lead the team in Grand Tours, so I guess that makes Konig > Team Sky official if it wasn't already.
    Konig has already confirmed that he is going to a WT team. Just not which one.
  • The_Boy
    The_Boy Posts: 3,099
    RichN95 wrote:
    The_Boy wrote:
    Konig has already confirmed that he is going to a WT team. Just not which one.

Ah, right. I thought it was still just a rumour.
    Team My Man 2018: David gaudu, Pierre Latour, Romain Bardet, Thibaut pinot, Alexandre Geniez, Florian Senechal, Warren Barguil, Benoit Cosnefroy
  • "It appears there will be two people from NFTO moving on for 2015 – Adam Blythe to Orica-GreenEdge and Sean Yates is rumoured to be going to Tinkoff Saxo."

http://www.velouk.net/2014/09/15/news-b ... greenedge/
  • RichN95.
    Gazetta are reporting that Cadel Evans will retire after the Tour Down Under and another Aussie one dayer.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    RichN95 wrote:
    Gazetta are reporting that Cadel Evans will retire after the Tour Down Under and another Aussie one dayer.

I shall miss him.

One of the greats and someone who got utterly shanked in the 00's.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,085
    Cadel never had the team around him that could do the business. He was on his Jimmy Todd far too often.

Oz produces a lot of sprinters but few GC riders. He won the worlds with real grit.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Enrico Gasparotto leaving Astana.
  • iainf72 wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:

I shall miss him.

I totally agree. Widely believed to be one of the truly clean Grand Tour riders during the full-on EPO era, Cadel is one of the heroes of our sport, along with Lemond, Sastre and Moncoutie, to name just a few. Delighted he managed to win both the Tour and the World Road Race during his career.
  • Cyclingnews reporting that Dombrowski is leaving Sky for GarminSlipstreamCannondale

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/transfe ... cannondale
  • Crozza
    Crozza Posts: 991
    iainf72 wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:

I shall miss him.

I would have thought he still had something to give in one-dayers. his GT performances since 2011 have been nowhere but he would still often pop up in an early lumpy stage and win or come close.
  • salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    iainf72 wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:

I shall miss him.

I totally agree. Widely believed to be one of the truly clean Grand Tour riders during the full-on EPO era, Cadel is one of the heroes of our sport, along with Lemond, Sastre and Moncoutie, to name just a few. Delighted he managed to win both the Tour and the World Road Race during his career.

+ another.

Showed the Rainbow jersey better than any rider in recent years.
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,642
    Another three years for Valverde at Movistar!
  • Sean Yates to TInkoff?
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • DL1987
    DL1987 Posts: 204
    Russ Downing to Cult Energy. NFTO lose another big name.
  • RichN95.
    Serge Pauwels has joined MTN.

I no longer know what to think of this team. It seems like one of those summer schools kids go to when they've failed their exams and want to do retakes.
  • Oleg Tinkov ‏@olegtinkov · 2h
    Sorry, @vincenzonibali we are full now :-(

Vincenzo Nibali ‏@vincenzonibali · 6m
    @olegtinkov lo so che TU sei più pieno di me!!

Google translate makes no sense -

I know that YOU are more full of myself

Anyone know what it means? I assume it's something along the lines of 'you're full of s***'
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,446
    Alex Dowsett extends with Movistar for the next three years.
  • RichN95.
    andyp wrote:
    Alex Dowsett extends with Movistar for the next three years.
    Good for him. I felt sure he was on his way out.
  • josame
    josame Posts: 1,162
    iainf72 wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:

I shall miss him.

Giro 2010 Stage 7 - My fav stage ever

http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/wp-conte ... _st7_EVANS
    'Do not compare your bike to others, for always there will be greater and lesser bikes'
  • From the LBL thread
    Machado was up there - hope he gets a WT team next year.

Back in the big time.
    Contador is the Greatest