• Niels Albert?

From pro race or cyclocross as well?

How old is he?
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Niels Albert?

From pro race or cyclocross as well?

How old is he?
    He's 28. He's got heart irregularities which have forced him to stop. He's already retired
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    Sagan's rankings for past 5 years: 30, 8, 5, 3, 3
    Upward progression.
    Consistently amazing performer.
    Poor team.
    Somewhat tactically naive or too brave but this is wonderful for the fans.

Next year he will have a proper team, proper DS and experienced riders around him. He is going to be unstoppable and he will be still unstoppable in many years time. The guy is totally hors norms.

Over raced in 2013? Team too reliant on a kid to deliver the bulk of their points.

I got the feeling during the Tour that someone needed to sit him down and explain that he didn't need to take every point available to win the green jersey. No need for Metallica on 11 all the time.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • Ah I vaguely remember that now.

Sad times
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    Am I reading this right?

None of these riders have a contract signed for next year?

http://www.procyclingstats.com/statisti ... ree-riders
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • RichN95.
    Am I reading this right?

None of these riders have a contract signed for next year?

http://www.procyclingstats.com/statisti ... ree-riders
    Lots of them will have but just haven't announced it yet.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,148
    So the Secret Pro reckons EBH was either going to Alonso or Tinkoff. Given Uncle Oleg's recent rant on Twitter I'm guessing he has opted for Alonso which also suggests that the Alonso team is going to become a reality (or EBH has an idiot for a manager!).
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    I didnt read the article that way. Late last week EBH's manager was saying he hadnt a team but had lots of options.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Pross
    The article said he had heard EBH was off to Alonso's team but he had also heard that he might go to Tinkoff. Given Oleg's rant then Tinkoff looks out of the picture so I was putting 2 and 2 together and if he had turned Tinkoff down for Alonso then I would assume he was pretty confident that Alonso is getting a licence. Could be another team of course or he has taken a monumental risk (which doesn't seem to be EBH's style!).
  • frenchfighter
    You are right - he likes the cosy life.

I just read it as those were two options, which we knew about, rather than the only two.

Id be surprised if Alonso team materializes.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Pinot staying at FdJ at least until end of 2016

Jeannesson there until 2015

Some promising stagiaires as well this year
  • frenchfighter
    Valverde's contract expires this year and he has yet to sign a new one. Agent says they want the offer to reflect his worth and have other team's offers to use although their peferred solution is to stay at movistar.

http://m.cyclingnews.com/news/valverde- ... r-for-2015
    Contador is the Greatest
  • chrisday
    chrisday Posts: 300
    Agent says they want the offer to reflect his worth

So his agent will sit in, directly behind other agents working hard, then jump past them at the last minute for the signature?

Sorry - couldn't help myself
    @shraap | My Men 2016: G, Yogi, Cav, Boonen, Degenkolb, Martin, J-Rod, Kudus, Chaves
  • chrisday wrote:
    Agent says they want the offer to reflect his worth

So his agent will sit in, directly behind other agents working hard, then jump past them at the last minute for the signature?

Sorry - couldn't help myself

Whereas the BSE riders agents go for the big money straight away, then end up falling in line with everyone else by the end.
  • Valverde's contract expires this year and he has yet to sign a new one. Agent says they want the offer to reflect his worth and have other team's offers to use although their peferred solution is to stay at movistar.

Given that he's an unrepentant convicted doper, I'd assume a lot of teams wouldn't want him. Doesn't give him the greatest bargaining position...
  • Pross
    I think you underestimate how little many (possibly most) of the teams care about ethical issues like that even now when it comes to signing a proven race winner. The only ones who care of the ones with sponsors who care about the negative publicity.
  • frenchfighter
    Rogers extends for two years. This was quite possibly going to be his last year but thanks to the wonderful team that is Tinkoff, Mr Rogers was able to re-find his love of the sport.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter

Yeah it was the first post of this thread then more or less confirmed later on.

Official press release only today though:
    http://www.tinkoffsaxo.com/news/tinkoff ... join-team/
    Contador is the Greatest
  • mike6
    mike6 Posts: 1,199

Yep, they only need to sign Valverde now for a full set. Keep all the bad apples in one basket, easier to keep an eye on them. :D
  • type:epyt
    type:epyt Posts: 766
    mike6 wrote:

Yep, they only need to sign Valverde now for a full set. Keep all the bad apples in one basket, easier to keep an eye on them. :D

He didn't sign for Garmin.
    Life is unfair, kill yourself or get over it.
  • frenchfighter
    L Morton did not really impress this year other than Tour de San Luis. I wonder if he has a ride for next year. They are selling his 2013 bike:
    http://www.shopslipstreamsports.com/www ... 11067.html
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    Feltrin on EBH:
    “We’ve had a lot of contact with the agent but at the moment we don’t have anything official to announce. What I can say is that they have a peculiar way of negotiating contracts and I can’t go further than that. A contract has not been signed.”

“Money is part of it, yes but we have an approach and we stick to our budget. If someone has a higher value of what they think they’re worth and it’s more than we’re prepared to pay, then it’s not going to happen. I know it’s a professional world and if someone comes up with an offer, and a rider thinks that money is the most important part of the equation then he should go for it.”

And on Basso:
    “We’ve a lot of young talent on our team but we also need some experience to guide them on how to race and how to deal with stress.”

“For Ivan if he’s not the captain for a three week race then he can do well at week long races and help the team in other races. We see Ivan as a helper for a captain at a grand tour – whether it’s Majka or Contador but he’ll still have space to race as a leader in week-long events.”

“Of course we had a concern with his age and results and we looked at it. The bottom line, and I think he realised it, he wasn’t able to cope with the pressure of being a team leader for a Grand Tour. Once you take that away from him I think he can be more relaxed and do a different type of ride. He’s a pro and he doesn’t want to just ride the bike for the sake of it. He has the motivation to step up and we’re not just racing to show off our jersey.”
    http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/tinkoff ... sson-hagen
    Contador is the Greatest
  • dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,642
    L Morton did not really impress this year other than Tour de San Luis. I wonder if he has a ride for next year. They are selling his 2013 bike:

Did you see this interview? He says this year has been his worst season...
    http://cyclingtips.com.au/2014/08/an-in ... an-morton/
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,086

I think someone must have swapped the components - Ultegra 6800 on a pro bike?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    Are Saxo Tinkoff shedding some riders in respect of this influx or do they want to do the lot from Classics to GT's?
  • RichN95.
    Seems like he doesn't actually care much for cycling, but for living a cool life. That's a cool attitude to have but it won't win you many contracts!
    But he rides for Garmin. Their team is full of people like that.
  • pinno
    RichN95 wrote:
    Seems like he doesn't actually care much for cycling, but for living a cool life. That's a cool attitude to have but it won't win you many contracts!
    But he rides for Garmin. Their team is full of people like that.

They probably have exclusive access to the software and can skew the data in their favour.
  • frenchfighter
    Jonathan Castroviejo and Visconti extend for two years.
    Contador is the Greatest