2015 Transfers / Rumours and real

Comments

• kleinstroker
    kleinstroker Posts: 2,133
    Alonso confirmed request for UCI licence, going shopping for riders October 1st according to cycling weekly.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Garmin riders with contracts next year:
    Janier Alexis Acevedo, Nate Brown, André Cardoso, Tom Danielson, Lasse Norman Hansen, Ryder Hesjedal, Alex Howes, Ben King, Sebastian Langeveld, Dan Martin, Ramunas Navardauskas, Tom Jelte Slagter, Andrew Talansky and Dylan van Baarle

From Cannondale, only Formolo has officially signed something

Moreno Moser, Alan Marangoni, Kristijan Koren, Davide Villella, and Matej Mohoric have been offered a contract but have not signed yet

Negotiating with Ted King

Jack Bauer (156), Thomas Dekker (726), Caleb Fairly (849), Koldo Fernandez (1326), Phillip Gaimon (490), Raymond Kreder (347), Lachlan Morton (n/a), Nick Nuyens (1229), Johan Vansummeren (783), Tyler Farrar (44), Steele von Hoff (541) and Fabian Wegmann (249) are out of contract and Vaughters not said anything about whether they would have won for next year

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/team-ca ... new-roster

If the 14 at the top, plus Formolo, King and the five other Cannondale riders join that leaves 9 spots available from the last list of 12.

Which three you reckon are most likely to leave (number in brackets is CQ ranking)?
    I would say Lachlan, Nuyens and any one of the others. Over half of them are lightweight riders who should free their spots for more deserving riders. Farrar's ranking is pretty high but then he is a sprinter so somewhat expected.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,642
    Interesting moves... Cannondale equally leaves a bunch of names without contracts for next year.

Glad that Ted King is negotiating with Slipstream/Cannondale, but what about Cameron Wurf? Wonder where he is heading.

I'd guess that Bauer, Dekker, Gaimon and Vansummeren stay on. Maybe even Morton despite his crap season... Farrar is def on the way out.
  • frenchfighter
    dish_dash wrote:
    Farrar is def on the way out.

Farrar has more points than any other Garmin rider.

Would expect that to change with Hesjedal and Martin in the Vuelta, then some of the one day races later, but still.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,642
    dish_dash wrote:

Would expect that to change with Hesjedal and Martin in the Vuelta, then some of the one day races later, but still.

Point taken, but not sure he fits into the direction the team is heading him - more GC and Classics focused.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    EBH2MTN according to Norwegian sources.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • frenchfighter
    Maxime Bouet to OPQS for two years to help Uran. Bouet is currently at the Vuelta as is Uran.

Petacchi wont be there next year but not sure if he is retiring, going elsewhere or not offered a contract. I would say he did a good job there this year.
    RichN95 wrote:

Ha.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    delete
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Good to see more French riders going out of French teams - I'm sure it helps the development in the long run.
    Bouet solid domestique - but not a real high climber?

Have we had Jaques van Rensburg to Giant yet?
  • RichN95 wrote:

That number plate will be worth a fortune now
  • type:epyt
    type:epyt Posts: 766
    RichN95 wrote:

That number plate will be worth a fortune now

There will be a used car salesman who has that on his car and swears it says 'Rodger'.
    Life is unfair, kill yourself or get over it.
  • frenchfighter
    RichN95 wrote:

2 years and 1million euros. Not sure how they can afford to pay him 1m.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • RichN95.
    RichN95 wrote:

2 years and 1million euros. Not sure how they can afford to pay him 1m.
    That depends on how much MTN (the sponsor) are paying. They're one of the biggest companies involved in top level cycling (maybe the biggest)
  • frenchfighter
    Yeah I suppose although thought they didnt have much invested. Mkt cap of 25bn GBP.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • RichN95.
    The numberplate is confirmed by the team

drawplate.php?plate=EBH+2MTN&style=ukrear
  • Some Russian guy is selling this one

plate.php?&type=show&registration=EBH2TS&font_id=1&badge_id=&border=&line1=YOUR%20SLOGAN%20HERE&line1_colour=Black&line1_font_id=42&size=1&view=rear&width=780
  • Dowsett and Cummings to MTN as well ...
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,086
    Bakelants to Ag2r - or is that old news? If so, shout "Keep up at the back".

I mean this thread is how many bloody pages long and some people just haven't got the time I mean i've only got to page 16 of the desktop pics thread and i've reaaly need to clean and lube my chain before a windy ride tomorrow... cont. p94
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,625
    dish_dash wrote:
    dish_dash wrote:

Point taken, but not sure he fits into the direction the team is heading him - more GC and Classics focused.

Taking down a few GC favourites in his own crashes probably helps too. ;)
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,625

Curious move that one.
  • frenchfighter

I mean this thread is how many bloody pages long and some people just haven't got the time I mean i've only got to page 16 of the desktop pics thread and i've reaaly need to clean and lube my chain before a windy ride tomorrow... cont. p94

Only unconfirmed:
    Bakelandts to AG2R, according to Het Laaste.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,086
    From cyclingtips.com:

"Meanwhile L’Equipe has also confirmed that 2013 Tour de France stage winner Jan Bakelants will sign a two year contract with the team. The 28 year old is a former winner of the Tour de l’Avenir and held the yellow jersey for two stages in last year’s Tour after winning stage two.

This season the 28 year old Omega Pharma QuickStep rider took a stage in the Critérium du Dauphiné and placed a solid 24th overall in the Tour."
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • frenchfighter
    Looks like Bos to MTN is closer.

“There is interest there,” Bos’ manager Rik van Dongen told the newspaper. “Theo is positive about it and they are just going over the finer points. We are at an advanced stage but there is yet to be a signature.”
    Contador is the Greatest
  • What's with their love for failing Europeans? Thought they were supposed to be a proper African team.

At least Reinardt van Rensburg's rejoining them...
  • dsoutar
    dsoutar Posts: 1,746
    RichN95 wrote:
    Gazzetta reckon that Betancur is off to OPQS and Kiserlovski is another going to Saxo

confirmed

http://www.tinkoffsaxo.com/news/tinkoff ... serlovski/
  • frenchfighter
    Orica want to extend Yates bros from 2 to 3 years.
    Goss not renewed (rumoured to join MTN)

Laurens De Vreese (BEL) : Wanty-Groupe Gobert ==> Astana
    Reinardt Janse Van Rensburg (AFS) : Giant-Shimano ==> MTN-Qhubeka

Wyss extends at BMC
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Any chance MTN could be WT next year? (Cannondale's license?)

Or do they not want it, happy with ProCont?
  • RichN95.
    Any chance MTN could be WT next year? (Cannondale's license?)
    I would have thought IAM would be ahead of them in the queue. And what of Alonso?
  • Ah Alonso more likely, if he gets off the ground.

MTN nailed on TDF and RCS race wild cards to be fair, so not fussed with going to Australia
  • RichN95.
    Ah Alonso more likely, if he gets off the ground.

MTN nailed on TDF and RCS race wild cards to be fair, so not fussed with going to Australia
    They certainly have ambition, but personally I don't really like them having it. They're moving away from being a team providing African opportunity to losing that character. I'm a firm believer that there is enormous talent in Africa - enough to blow out of the water the ideas of human capacity spouted by the likes of Vayer. I don't want raw talents being blocked my mediocre Europeans. Like seeing someone like Froome in 2009 (but black) being cast aside for the likes of Romain Feillu.

But then, I'm not paying the bills.