2015 Transfers / Rumours and real

Comments

• madden2011
    madden2011 Posts: 142
    Heres a tweet from Oleg Tinkov -
    Oleg Tinkov ‏@olegtinkov

Here is the first real announcement: We signed Bradley Wiggins and Michael Ignatiev

https://twitter.com/olegtinkov/status/495321252182364160

Is he messing about
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Nico Roche wanted €2m per year according to Oleg's drunken rants.

I think Nico is the one who's been drinking...
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    iainf72 wrote:

Come on Iain. You're not one to take any of these people at face value. Oleg has been on the vodka. While we can deduce that Roche is leaving, the 2M is drunk talk. No-one is paying that for him. My guess is there's less than 20 riders on that money.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • What happened between Garmin and Dennis? Trackie and sprinter Davison also off to BMC as a trainee.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    RichN95 wrote:
    iainf72 wrote:

Come on Iain. You're not one to take any of these people at face value. Oleg has been on the vodka. While we can deduce that Roche is leaving, the 2M is drunk talk. No-one is paying that for him. My guess is there's less than 20 riders on that money.

Always disappointing when people go bonkers on twitter then claim to have been hacked.

https://twitter.com/olegtinkov
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • tailwindhome
    Sagan's much more expensive price tag is because he is multi times better. Talking about people like Roche - think he is definitely not that good for what he is commanding.

Depends how he's valued.
    It's the Sky model
    Worth paying a premium for a top 10 GC rider to subjugate any personal ambition to deliver a Contador GT win?

(but, no. he's not worth 2mil)
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    That figure is probably a touch high and was inclusive of his sponsorship (1m from spec I think).
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    Majka had one year on his contract but it has been extended to 2017.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • He got that instead of an Aston, as according to Oleg "an Aston is a very cheap gift"
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,658
    He got that instead of an Aston, as according to Oleg "an Aston is a very cheap gift"
    Completely OT but true story: back in the mid 80s two Arab sheikhs were in an Aston Martin dealership in London, looking at the Lagondas.
    One said to Salesman: "We'll take 2" and reached for his wallet.
    Second Sheikh said "No, no, I'll get these. You bought lunch."
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,148
    He got that instead of an Aston, as according to Oleg "an Aston is a very cheap gift"

I'm happy for him to send me one. Think I'll tweet him, he seems mental enough to do it!
  • frenchfighter
    Bongiorno has decided to stay two more years at Bardiani.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,086
    Retweeted by Oleg Tinkov
    Johan Bruyneel @JohanBruyneel · 22h
    Piece of advice 4 @UCI_cycling & @BrianCooksonUCI:don't fight w a Russian if u can avoid. Result=generally not what u like. cc @olegtinkov

Where along the line did Bruyneel get his fingers Burnt?

Can anyone summarise the last 18 pages into factual transfers and if Costa is out of contract, will he go to Northampton town as he hasn't really had a good season? (curse of the Rainbow jersey goes on)
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • frenchfighter
    Mollema to Trek confirmed for two years.

Caruso signed by BMC.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • tailwindhome
    the Inner Ring ‏@inrng · 44m
    Carlos Betancur and Ag2r agree to part ways, was under contract for 2015 but gets released http://www.eltiempo.com/deportes/ciclis ... r/14340217 … via @ammattipyoraily
  • frenchfighter
    Uff, surprised but not wholly unexpected. I wonder who will take him up or whether he has burnt his bridges and in fact would just prefer to be back home given he has great difficulty being away from it. Big talent lost if so.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • tailwindhome
    This Sagan to Tinkoff thing is starting to gain traction......
  • FocusZing
    FocusZing Posts: 4,373
    edited August 2014
    "Slovakian media report @RideCannondale cyclist Peter Sagan is set to announce a move to Tinkoff-Saxo next season #Cycling"
    Fox sports news

"All indications are that the angažmáne Sagan representatives will inform Saxo-Tinkoff at Thursday, August 7 at the arrival of the 5th stage race around Poland to Pleso."

http://msport.aktuality.sk/c/172175/pet ... navatelom/
  • hommelbier
    hommelbier Posts: 1,555
    Outside Sagan's move to Tinkoff-Saxo, the table linked to below is a summary of the state of play so far for 2014.

http://www.velo-club.net/route/world-tour/world-tour-news/100312-world-tour-le-tableau-des-transferts
  • tailwindhome
    Maybe not

Oleg Tinkov ‏@olegtinkov · 30m
    I assume @PeterSagan indeed prefers his podium girls. F1 has plenty of that stuff, when I stand for family values, and not tolerate mistress

Tinkov continues to get progressively more boring.
  • Omar Little
    Omar Little Posts: 2,010
    For what its worth last week i overheard a couple of riders (one rides for OGE the other i didnt recognise) talking about transfers and Sagan to Sky was mentioned. It could just be baseless rumour which im now spreading...but if it happens im claiming inside knowledge!
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,086
    hommelbier wrote:
    Outside Sagan's move to Tinkoff-Saxo, the table linked to below is a summary of the state of play so far for 2014.

http://www.velo-club.net/route/world-tour/world-tour-news/100312-world-tour-le-tableau-des-transferts

^Thor Hushovd retires. Good bloke,great engine. Good luck Thor*. I was always sure that the peloton let him go that rainy day to collect all those intermediates to claim the Green Jersey because Cav was whingeing lot during that tour.

*Not that I knew him personally.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Gazzetta reckon that Betancur is off to OPQS and Kiserlovski is another going to Saxo
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • frenchfighter
    RichN95 wrote:
    Gazzetta reckon that Betancur is off to OPQS and Kiserlovski is another going to Saxo

Guess they feel Uran can keep a good eye on him.

Re Kiser:
    @olegtinkov · Aug 3
    Have had beautiful rides in Croatia last days.Good profiles, understand why Kiserlowski strong
    BuG7ReVIgAAT8sN.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    Jempy Drucker moves from Wanty to BMC on a two year deal. Quite a lot for someone few people have heard of. Classics rider.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Glad Caleb Ewan has decided to go pro. Raced him earlier in the season in Italy and he's a class act. I reckon he'll win on the Champs Elysees within 10 years.

Nice website by the way - liked your honest appraisal of the situation!
  • Jempy Drucker moves from Wanty to BMC on a two year deal. Quite a lot for someone few people have heard of. Classics rider.

4th at Flanders and 6th at Het Volk opens doors....and a good ally for G VA