2015 Transfers / Rumours and real

Comments

• The_Boy
    The_Boy Posts: 3,099
    So Cofidis targetting classics and sprints instead of minor GC placings? I approve, though they will no doubt find a way to fuck it up.
    Team My Man 2018: David gaudu, Pierre Latour, Romain Bardet, Thibaut pinot, Alexandre Geniez, Florian Senechal, Warren Barguil, Benoit Cosnefroy
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Astana have confirmed that they have signed Lars Boom, LL Sanchez, Diego Rosa and Davide Malacarne
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,148
    Still think Bouhanni has made a mistake. Boom to Astana is a strange one, maybe Nibs fancies Paris-Roubaix :wink:
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Wow, so the LLS rumour was true. Was not expecting that - I wonder what they want him for. Boom I can somewhat understand. Not sure about Rosa and Malacarne but maybe just more Italian names for Nibali. Given the limited spots available on a team, interesting they go for those four. Maybe they will get rid of Guardini.

edit: Rosa looks like a promising rider. Decent results and 23rd in last year's Giro as a neo pro.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • RichN95.
    Not sure about Rosa and Malacarne but maybe just more Italian names for Nibali.
    Vino has said they are support for Aru in stage races.
  • frenchfighter
    Today, 1st of August, the window for announcing new contracts with riders has been opened. Tinkoff-Saxo will soon present important new riders and extensions with current riders. On the 3rd of August during Tour de Pologne and on the 7th and 9th of August during Tour of Denmark we’ll proudly present some of the most noticeable new contracts of 2014.

With the ambition of being the strongest team in cycling, we believe that the new contracts and extensions will further boost Tinkoff-Saxo and the team’s versatility.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • RichN95.
    Today, 1st of August, the window for announcing new contracts with riders has been opened. Tinkoff-Saxo will soon present important new riders and extensions with current riders. On the 3rd of August during Tour de Pologne and on the 7th and 9th of August during Tour of Denmark we’ll proudly present some of the most noticeable new contracts of 2014.

With the ambition of being the strongest team in cycling, we believe that the new contracts and extensions will further boost Tinkoff-Saxo and the team’s versatility.
    You'll know this - how long is Contador contracted at Tinkoff for?
  • frenchfighter
    RichN95 wrote:
    Not sure about Rosa and Malacarne but maybe just more Italian names for Nibali.
    Vino has said they are support for Aru in stage races.

Good stuff, especially as it means the Aru to Sky rumours are nonsense.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    Also for Cofidis:
    Jonas Ahlstrand (from Giant-Shimano)
    Stephane Rosetto (from Bigmat)
    Anthony Turgis (neo-pro)( winner of LBL U23)
    Kenneth Vanbilsen (from Tosport-Vlaanderen)
    Michael van Staeyen (from Topsport-Vlaanderen)
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Also for Cofidis:
    Jonas Ahlstrand (from Giant-Shimano)
    Stephane Rosetto (from Bigmat)
    Anthony Turgis (neo-pro)( winner of LBL U23)
    Kenneth Vanbilsen (from Tosport-Vlaanderen)
    Michael van Staeyen (from Topsport-Vlaanderen)

complete redesign for that team then!
  • anyone buying from Wanty? - some solid rides early in the season - Leukamans 37 though?
  • frenchfighter
    I like the attitude:

“We’re going to add another eight riders to the fourteen that we have already contracted for next year. I’m looking for experienced riders because some of the riders we have lack that,” Smith told Cyclingnews.

“Among those eight we’re looking at making three marquee signings who can deliver in the cobbled classics and the hilly classics. We’re not looking for big sprinters or GC guys. We want to win races. There’s no sense in going into a three-week Tour to try and protect one rider in the hope of finishing in the top ten. So we’ll go for stages and we’ll race. It’s all about racing.”

“Again, I’m talking to a few big riders that are available but maybe they don’t have vision as I have.”

“The three marquee riders I’m talking to, I’m deep in conversation with. I’ve not talked to Boasson Hagen for three weeks. I got the impression that he was really keen and I think we could have done a lot of good work with him but I think he wants to stay WorldTour. I think he needs to get back to what he was doing before in trying to win stages. It’s not about the money because we have money, it’s about riders wanting to stay at the WorldTour level.”
    Contador is the Greatest
  • I like the attitude:

“We’re going to add another eight riders to the fourteen that we have already contracted for next year. I’m looking for experienced riders because some of the riders we have lack that,” Smith told Cyclingnews.

“Among those eight we’re looking at making three marquee signings who can deliver in the cobbled classics and the hilly classics. We’re not looking for big sprinters or GC guys. We want to win races. There’s no sense in going into a three-week Tour to try and protect one rider in the hope of finishing in the top ten. So we’ll go for stages and we’ll race. It’s all about racing.”

“Again, I’m talking to a few big riders that are available but maybe they don’t have vision as I have.”

“The three marquee riders I’m talking to, I’m deep in conversation with. I’ve not talked to Boasson Hagen for three weeks. I got the impression that he was really keen and I think we could have done a lot of good work with him but I think he wants to stay WorldTour. I think he needs to get back to what he was doing before in trying to win stages. It’s not about the money because we have money, it’s about riders wanting to stay at the WorldTour level.”

Is he hoping to get his protege J- T Locke riding in the team?
  • Is he hoping to get his protege J- T Locke riding in the team?

Not this year :-P
  • frenchfighter
    At BMC there are 12 riders out of contract.
    Steve Morabito, Martin Kohler, and Sebastian Lander are not being renewed.
    Hushovd is leaving.
    Cadel uncertain.
    Sanchez and Cummings are up this year.
    Danilo Wyss, Amaël Moinard and Ben Hermans have resigned.
    Damiano Caruso and Alessandro De Marchi have come from Cannondale.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/transfe ... up-in-2015
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    @olegtinkov · 3h
    Dear @tinkoff_saxo fans, do you want me to close the deal with Peter Sagan?
    If i get 1000 retweets, i will do it!
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,148
    @olegtinkov · 3h

Is there a bigger attention seeker in cycling?
  • chrisday
    chrisday Posts: 300
    Pross wrote:
    @olegtinkov · 3h

<See Ricco thread>
    @shraap | My Men 2016: G, Yogi, Cav, Boonen, Degenkolb, Martin, J-Rod, Kudus, Chaves
  • Pross wrote:

you called

2009_gp_camaiore_mario_cipollini.jpg
  • The_Boy
    The_Boy Posts: 3,099
    Pross wrote:

you called

2009_gp_camaiore_mario_cipollini.jpg

Are there *any* pictures of that man which wouldn't be improved by the addition of the music from the Salice ads?
    Team My Man 2018: David gaudu, Pierre Latour, Romain Bardet, Thibaut pinot, Alexandre Geniez, Florian Senechal, Warren Barguil, Benoit Cosnefroy
  • smokey_bacon
    smokey_bacon Posts: 1,639
    Rohan Dennis to BMC. Apparently riding the Vuelta for them.
  • milton50
    milton50 Posts: 3,856

So Sagan will have even less support if he stays with Cannondale. He has to move surely.
  • RichN95.
    Milton50 wrote:

So Sagan will have even less support if he stays with Cannondale. He has to move surely.
    The chances of him staying at Cannondale are about 1%
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    RichN95 wrote:
    Milton50 wrote:

The chances of him staying at Cannondale are about 1%

There will be no Cannondale. They've not applied for a WT licence.

Alonso has it seems.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • RichN95.
    iainf72 wrote:
    There will be no Cannondale. They've not applied for a WT licence.

Alonso has it seems.
    Aren't they merging with Garmin?

And who has Alonso got then?
  • iainf72
    RichN95 wrote:
    Aren't they merging with Garmin?

And who has Alonso got then?

Yep, think that's the Garmin deal. Would make sense.

God knows if he's got anyone. Agents were saying a few weeks ago it was too quiet and people weren't prepared to take the risk
  • RichN95.
    iainf72 wrote:
    God knows if he's got anyone. Agents were saying a few weeks ago it was too quiet and people weren't prepared to take the risk
    I think he needs to either take over an existing franchise or start at Pro Conti level.

Who starts a World Team from scratch? Nobody really. Sky & Orica grew out of national federations, Radioshack & Leopard were breakaways from existing teams. Everyone else started smaller.
  • iainf72
    RichN95 wrote:
    I think he needs to either take over an existing franchise or start at Pro Conti level.

Who starts a World Team from scratch? Nobody really. Sky & Orica grew out of national federations, Radioshack & Leopard were breakaways from existing teams. Everyone else started smaller.

Yeah, AND he's said he's not taking over an existing structure.

I can't think of who'd be signing for the team, especially who'd be bringing the points? Reckon it's probably vapourware.

Complete aside, but I see Radioshack is nearly dead. They don't even have enough cash to shut the the stores they'd need to in order to survive.
  • RichN95.
    iainf72 wrote:
    Complete aside, but I see Radioshack is nearly dead. They don't even have enough cash to shut the the stores they'd need to in order to survive.
    RIP Tandy. I used to buy some tat from them back in the days when I was poor.
  • josame
    josame Posts: 1,162
    I thought EBH BMC was a done deal, saxo is worrying, why not garmin or astana?
    'Do not compare your bike to others, for always there will be greater and lesser bikes'