Tour of California 2014 **Spoilers**

Comments

• RonB
    RonB Posts: 3,984
    Sagan abides. Good to see Thor there at the end. Surprised to see Degenkolb, I thought he was with the Cav group.
  • slimreaper
    slimreaper Posts: 738
    Hushovd in podium shocker!
  • dolan_driver
    dolan_driver Posts: 831
    An easy win for Sagan.

That stage had a lot going on. Some crazy motorcycle parking, a false victory (feel sorry for the poor guy) and very poor pictures. The TV people in the States are going to have to head to Europe and see how they do things on the big races. Maybe they just have really poor equipment and need to change or update it.

DD.
  • d_o_g
    d_o_g Posts: 286
    Well, hopefully tomorrow will be as good as today, yesterday and the day before. Have to say I have enjoyed the ToC, at least the parts of it I've been able to discern through the breakup.
  • The_Boy
    The_Boy Posts: 3,099
    On the subject of poor quality TV pictures, it may be illuminating for some to pop into their local betting office late one evening to watch some US horse racing. Picture looks like it's being filmed on 80s kit and, afaict, the commentary is still phoned in.
    Team My Man 2018: David gaudu, Pierre Latour, Romain Bardet, Thibaut pinot, Alexandre Geniez, Florian Senechal, Warren Barguil, Benoit Cosnefroy
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    The_Boy wrote:
    On the subject of poor quality TV pictures, it may be illuminating for some to pop into their local betting office late one evening to watch some US horse racing. Picture looks like it's being filmed on 80s kit and, afaict, the commentary is still phoned in.
    Apart from the main channels a lot of American TV looks really bad. like it's filmed on an 80's camcorder.
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmMefdR4gWc

I missed yesterday's stage... looked this up to see the mistaken celebration (at about 2mins30). I love it when this happens, had to watch it a few times, good comedy! :)

(Shame there's no sound cos there's obviously a full pelt 'wooooooooooo!!!!!!' as he's slowing after the line, that's the best bit)
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,163
    I hate myself for enjoying that, I think in defence of those of us who did enjoy it though there's no way he'd have done it on the proper lap so he's got himself and the team a load of publicity they wouldn't have had otherwise. Great celebration though and then that glance behind and look of puzzlement that everyone else is still going flat out :lol:
  • Paul 8v
    Pross wrote:
    I hate myself for enjoying that, I think in defence of those of us who did enjoy it though there's no way he'd have done it on the proper lap so he's got himself and the team a load of publicity they wouldn't have had otherwise. Great celebration though and then that glance behind and look of puzzlement that everyone else is still going flat out :lol:
    Poor sod, he'll never live that down!
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,163
    I wouldn't be surprised if it was a publicity stunt but then I'm a cynical old git!
  • tuneskyline
    tuneskyline Posts: 370
    He was the winner,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, in his imagination [sorry I've got no head fan]
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    Was Sagan supposed to miming playing the piano? I don't think he plays cos it actually looked more like he was doing the actions to reading itsy-bitsy-spider to a toddler.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    tour-california-santa-clarita-pasadena-20140517-232355-991.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    tumblr_n5rn72zwgU1qacyk6o1_1280.png
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    Cheer up Bradley.
    tour-california-santa-clarita-pasadena-20140518-000346-760.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • That Youtube link above is like a really plodding shambolic version of "How the Race was Won"
    Giant Trance X 2010
    Specialized Tricross Sport
    My Dad's old racer
    Trek Marlin 29er 2012
  • Turfle
    Turfle Posts: 3,762
    Coverage is early tonight don't forget. 6pm on Eurosport.
  • Paul 8v
    Ah thanks for the heads up. Means I can watch it without a late night on a school night. All this 12pm business was tiring me out!
  • argyllflyer
    argyllflyer Posts: 893
    Paul 8v wrote:
    Ah thanks for the heads up. Means I can watch it without a late night on a school night. All this 12pm business was tiring me out!

I've been getting up at 6am!
  • RonB
    Thanks from me too. I had it at 2130 again. I hope no one gets caught out.
  • RonB
    edited May 2014
    On the finish circuit 18km to go and Euser, Bobridge, Keukeleier & Teruel have 20"

Boom giving one of the moto riders what for.
  • Turfle
    haha Boom attacked just so he could shout at the camerabike
  • Turfle
    Looks like Cav will get back in time for the sprint.
  • RonB
    Looking that way. I wonder if OPQS will pay for that effort later on.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    Oooh. Like the Nascar style graphic picking out Cav.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • dolan_driver
    dolan_driver Posts: 831
    edited May 2014
    Did John D pip him on the line?

Edit; Cvndsh, just. He looked a bit worried after the line.
  • argyllflyer
    argyllflyer Posts: 893
    edited May 2014
    If Cav had lost, he'd have looked a bit daft in that photo finish!

Bn8GWHiCMAAxwyK.png
  • Turfle
    Cav dominates Degenkolb by millimetres again.
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,788
    If Cav had lost, he'd have looked a bit daft in that photo finish!

Hands in the air, but he certainly had a concerned look on his face..