Tour of California 2014 **Spoilers**

Comments

• okgo
    okgo Posts: 4,368
    Get a grip! The boy's got style oozing out his pores.
    Beards and tattoos may be stylish in some parts, but they have no place on the road.

(I like Wiggins.)

It just looks very wrong in the photos. How far can you take this...tat up your whole face and that is ok? There has to be a line.

ps. yes I know there was some rider who was all tatted up but he was not exactly 'high profile'.

Maybe you should just stick to plagiarising photo's, whenever you open your mouth it doesn't go well.
    Blog on my first and now second season of proper riding/racing - www.firstseasonracing.com
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,163
    It seems odd that Knees would have his tattoos done in English.
  • dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,643
    Pross wrote:

Why? Plenty of native english speaking people get tatoos in other languages...
  • B3rnieMac
    B3rnieMac Posts: 384
    woody1545 wrote:
    delete_zps0c12563e.jpg

Er…does anyone know what his tattoo says?

W.A.?.?.?.?

(I also like Wiggins)

it says warrior, after the wigan rugby guys.

article-2272777-1751F31C000005DC-685_468x506.jpg
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    okgo wrote:
    Maybe you should just stick to plagiarising photo's, whenever you open your mouth it doesn't go well.

Maybe you should stick to riding your bike rather than popping up here and there with snide comments.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Richmond Racer
    Richmond Racer Posts: 8,561
    Ok, finally able to get on here post-ToC trip

Really enjoyed it. Great organisation from spectators point of view. The teams and riders were very relaxed - dont usually see Pro Tour teams that relaxed once the season in Europe's really got underway. Great access to the teams at st 1 & 2. The star attractions are absolutely Wiggins, Cav, Boonen and Sagen. The Sky and OPQS buses draw the crowds, BMC draws lesser interest, and there might as well have been tumbleweed blowing past the Garmin bus, funnily enough.

Dished out some banter to Luke Rowe, and Tao Geoghegan Hart after his day in the breakaway. Spent a very pleasant hour hearing the tales via his mum of a neo pro's 1st year in the World Tour (its a long story). Milked the free expressos from the Rapha mobile coffee stand for all I was worth, and filled my boots with discounted new Oakleys.

The TT stage in Folsom was pretty awesome, and a great day. Knew Wiggins was going to smash the course when he came hurtling around the second corner out of the start house, like a bat out of hell. Cav didnt hang around either.

Definitely going out for the race again. Next time - the entire race. I fancy some of that Pacific Highway action.
  • TimB34
    TimB34 Posts: 316
    Any chance you could head straight back there and give the TV director a bit of a talking-to?

It's been back-to-back ad breaks at crucial moments, dodgy timings, no info on who's in what group ...
  • Richmond Racer
    dish_dash wrote:
    Pross wrote:

Why? Plenty of native english speaking people get tatoos in other languages...

And t'other way around. Let's not forget 'Only God Can Judge Me' Pippo
  • Richmond Racer
    TimB34 wrote:
    Any chance you could head straight back there and give the TV director a bit of a talking-to?

It's been back-to-back ad breaks at crucial moments, dodgy timings, no info on who's in what group ...

I know, I know. I was trying to watch the tv coverage in bars and on the big screens at start/finish and so on. Painful.
  • d_o_g
    d_o_g Posts: 286
    Dodgy coverage starting now, be interesting to see if Wiggins can tempo it up the final climb like he did on Mount Diablo.
  • josame
    josame Posts: 1,162
    zzzzzzzzzzzcommercial breakzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzcommercial breakzzzzzzzzzzzzzzcommercial breakzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    'Do not compare your bike to others, for always there will be greater and lesser bikes'
  • Lanterne_Rogue
    Lanterne_Rogue Posts: 4,325
    I'll admit I wasn't too impressed with Matt Stephens and Brian Smith to start with, but they're growing on me - I suspect they've largely improved because they've stopped trusting anything that appears on their screens... Matt Stephens' audibly raised eyebrow at the naming of Spunky Canyon has just sealed the deal.
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    Looking forward to this showdown. Can't find much info on the climb, is it steep or more diesel friendly?
  • d_o_g
    Diesel, but apparently summits at 2,400m, which is a pretty decent altitude!
  • RonB
    RonB Posts: 3,984
    15km to go and the gap is 2'45". Wiggins with plenty of teammates ahead of him.
  • RonB
    Ben King has attacked the Sky train to try & bridge the gap & maybe act as a springboard for Dennis later up the climb.
  • Paul 8v
    D O G wrote:
    Diesel, but apparently summits at 2,400m, which is a pretty decent altitude!
  • d_o_g
    Just the one Sky rider left now (other than Wiggins) - two of them dropped very quickly.
  • RonB
    Chaves attacks from the front group and Acevedo, another Garmin rider attacks from the GC group. 3.3km to go.
  • RonB
    Go Chaves! The road looks really steep now.
  • RonB
    Chaves almost to the 1km to go point. Wiggins is going to be vulnerable to attacks here despite massive effort by his teammates.
  • d_o_g
    Dombrovski (sp) has popped, Wiggo alone...
  • Paul 8v
    I'm sure some of these spectators are here just to get on TV rather than for the race...
  • d_o_g
    Fat bloke with Vuvuzela!
  • hammerite
    hammerite Posts: 3,408
    Yates is very, very impressive.
  • RonB
    Great ride by Chaves. Wiggins riding as hard as he can to avoid sudden accelerations from the others.
  • hammerite
    hammerite Posts: 3,408
    In fact Orica are having a cracking season altogether so far.
  • Paul 8v
    D O G wrote:
    Fat bloke with Vuvuzela!
    He looked like he was going to have a heart attack!
  • d_o_g
    FF will be happy.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Superb ride by Wiggins. If he doesn't make the tour it would be appalling.Is he back on the funny rings?

Yates looks superb as well.