Froome is looking rather lean!!

123457»

Comments

• Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,583
    There's me thinking it was bike racing not some equal opportunities version of Miss World. Maybe they should introduce a swim wear stage at the Tour with 'bonifications' for the winner.
  • Richmond Racer
    Richmond Racer Posts: 8,561
    Pross wrote:
    There's me thinking it was bike racing not some equal opportunities version of Miss World. Maybe they should introduce a swim wear stage at the Tour with 'bonifications' for the winner.

Bonerfications

:wink:

Sorry, its the end of the day. Need a gin.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    One for the road. Lovely weather, going to perfect my climbing Contador style.

tumblr_mcygs2onio1rkoa2ho1_1280_zps8398b730.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    The veins remind me of when body builders take a shed load of sugar on to show the veins off better before a contest. I can't imagine they look like that all the time.
  • Paul 8v
    That Nibali quote is pure gold too.
  • Richmond Racer
    Richmond Racer Posts: 8,561
    Paul 8v wrote:

It is. And its pure Nibz. He is funny.
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    One for the road. Lovely weather, going to perfect my climbing Contador style.

I'm not sure it's wise for you to openly confess to taking drugs on a public forum.
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    Vincenzo Nibali said: "Of course I've seen - the Sicilian-replies with a smile. I did not like his veins, my legs are more beautiful, more toned, with more muscle"

Google translate from Gazzetta

Oh stop...that is absolutely brilliant....

You need to read it in context, try reading it again hearing the voice of Julian Clary.
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v wrote:

It is. And its pure Nibz. He is funny.
    I like Nibs, only an Italian guy could get away with saying that. I could imagine Cipo coming out with something like that back in the day.
  • tom3
    tom3 Posts: 287
    tom3 wrote:
    Froome has been well enough to race, they have just chose to train over race.

The constant pulling out of races and re-jigging of team rosters is getting a little bit tedious.

Thinking Correctly Under Pressure or 'tcup' as Sir Clive used to put it has always been Froomes issue.

Has Froome experienced enough heated race situations this year to get him through the tour?

I think he's raced enough 'heated race situations' over the last 20 months to 'get him through the Tour'. The experience of the previous season doesnt just evaporate - its all experiences banked for the future upon which to draw.

Whether he can win the Tour is a whole different question.

Was there a heated stage in last years tour when he forgot to eat properly, bonked and had to smash a couple of gels before ported dragged him out the shoot?
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    tom3 wrote:
    tom3 wrote:
    Froome has been well enough to race, they have just chose to train over race.

The constant pulling out of races and re-jigging of team rosters is getting a little bit tedious.

Thinking Correctly Under Pressure or 'tcup' as Sir Clive used to put it has always been Froomes issue.

Has Froome experienced enough heated race situations this year to get him through the tour?

I think he's raced enough 'heated race situations' over the last 20 months to 'get him through the Tour'. The experience of the previous season doesnt just evaporate - its all experiences banked for the future upon which to draw.

Whether he can win the Tour is a whole different question.

Was there a heated stage in last years tour when he forgot to eat properly, bonked and had to smash a couple of gels before ported dragged him out the shoot?

No. There was a stage that was a little dull actually, just a procession up Alpe d'Huez the first time around, where the Team Sky car broke down and so Froome and others could not get food and drinks on the valley floor between the descent down the Col de Sarenne and the final ascent up the Alpe.
    Correlation is not causation.
  • tom3
    tom3 Posts: 287
    ha ha, touche! twas just asking!