Froome is looking rather lean!!

Comments

• feltkuota
    feltkuota Posts: 333
    Must be the first time this year and I guess they realised they had to save face (they called him today and not back when they knew Kiri was out due to tiredness). I expect them to tear the field to pieces given they are so rested and the competition is weak. Porte and Froome have not done over 2500km this year. I wonder if Sutton manages it past stage two - he apparently has a bad knee as well.

You know, the more you post the more needy and childish you appear. Given you seem to dislike Sky and are all about panache, style, Contador etc, why would you care what Sky do/do not do? is constantly sniping away at all things Sky necessary?
  • Richmond Racer
    Richmond Racer Posts: 8,561
    feltkuota wrote:
    Must be the first time this year and I guess they realised they had to save face (they called him today and not back when they knew Kiri was out due to tiredness). I expect them to tear the field to pieces given they are so rested and the competition is weak. Porte and Froome have not done over 2500km this year. I wonder if Sutton manages it past stage two - he apparently has a bad knee as well.

You know, the more you post the more needy and childish you appear. Given you seem to dislike Sky and are all about panache, style, Contador etc, why would you care what Sky do/do not do? is constantly sniping away at all things Sky necessary?

Needy! That's one of the words I was looking for. That...and massively attention-seeking

I think someone needs a partner. Girlfriend, boyfriend - whatever. Just a special someone to give them a bit of attention away from the internet.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    I think someone needs a partner. Girlfriend, boyfriend - whatever. Just a special someone to give them a bit of attention away from the internet.

Along with my little head do you also know about my personal relationships? Another area of my life that I am more than comfortable in.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • adr82
    adr82 Posts: 4,002
    FF is just a Sky "hater", to use one of his own favourite words.
  • Crankbrother
    Crankbrother Posts: 1,695
    feltkuota wrote:

Needy! That's one of the words I was looking for. That...and massively attention-seeking

Maybe take a moment and decide whether personal criticism is required just because someone questions the methods of your favourite riders/team?

Your argument could easily be applied to yourself and your constant need to over-robustly defend what is essentially some folk off the telly ...
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    feltkuota wrote:

Maybe take a moment and decide whether personal criticism is required just because someone questions the methods of your favourite riders/team?

Your argument could easily be applied to yourself and your constant need to over-robustly defend what is essentially some folk off the telly ...

Naaa, reminds me of the conclusion in the scene in pulp fiction about foot massage - 'ain't even the same f*******g ballpark'
  • Richmond Racer
    edited April 2014
    delete
  • Richmond Racer
    " Ha!

Crankie, I think you'll find plenty of other people pushing back on FF's excesses (which seem to be escalating at an alarming rate)
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,157
    edited April 2014
    Newton's first law of social media: For every action there is an equal and opposite overreaction.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • tuneskyline
    tuneskyline Posts: 370
    It's a debate and it has turned in to a heated debate. It may even be on the edge of an argument but Froome is good. Contador is good. Words will mean nothing come July.
    Now lets have a email cuddle and talk about how Andy Schleck will win this years tour. :lol:
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    tom3 wrote:
    Thinking Correctly Under Pressure or 'tcup' as Sir Clive used to put it has always been Froomes issue.

Has it? Is this Froome Myth Number Two after Froome Myth Number One: Froome can't descend? I think he's just fine under pressure, stage 9 in last year's tour buried any doubt on that one.
    Correlation is not causation.
  • Crankbrother
    I've given up on Andy ... luckily it looks like Frank has too and he's been present in the finale a couple of times this year ...
  • above_the_cows
    Talking of going into races short-handed...

As of right now, for Romandie (8-rider squads)

OPQS are fielding 7 men
    Lampre are fielding 6

If the UCI plans for smaller squads does get put into action, teams fielding weakened squads is only going to get more widespread and a lot worse.

Ah ha, thanks I was thinking I'd seen OPQS had a small squad for Romandie when we were discussing riders dropping by the way side last night, I just couldn't be bothered to go and check.
  • frenchfighter
    " Ha!

Crankie, I think you'll find plenty of other people pushing back on FF's excesses (which seem to be escalating at an alarming rate)

If that makes you feel better.
    I guess you need something to assuage your dear team getting

If you find something offensive or contravening of rules, such as personal insults or defamatory accusations, in what I say please feel free to report me.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • above_the_cows
    Porte ... [has] not done over 2500km this year.

Yeah but he did 400kms of that on one single day though :D

Heavyweight!
  • above_the_cows
    :cry::cry::cry:

Please be nice to each other people. I like you all. And I have an earache (that'll teach me to go out through the dunes without the ears covered when its windy) and a deadline and I'm here procrastinating.

• frenchfighter

Heavyweight!

Definitely which is why I thought Liege's 260km would be a doddle.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 6,928

Please be nice to each other people. I like you all. And I have an earache (that'll teach me to go out through the dunes without the ears covered when its windy) and a deadline and I'm here procrastinating.

Should it be procowstinating, ATC? :D
  • Richmond Racer
    Dorset Boy wrote:

I'll keep ATC happy cos I find her a-moo-sing
  • Crankbrother
    Dorset Boy wrote:

Is she on holiday in Canada?
  • above_the_cows

Heavyweight!

Definitely which is why I thought Liege's 260km would be a doddle.

He didn't have a vegemite scroll or any strawberry laces in Belgium though. Marginal Gains.

Seriously though perhaps if you have been out of the cut and thrust of actual racing, then the batsh*t craziness of a one day Ardennes' classic is not the best place to get your brain back into the cut and thrust. You'd probably prefer the slightly more controlled environment of a stage race.
  • above_the_cows
    Dorset Boy wrote:

Is she on holiday in Canada?

A strawberry lace,a vegemite scroll and a triangle of Toblerone for all of you! Don't eat them all at once now. :D
  • frenchfighter
    Seriously though perhaps if you have been out of the cut and thrust of actual racing, then the batsh*t craziness of a one day Ardennes' classic is not the best place to get your brain back into the cut and thrust. You'd probably prefer the slightly more controlled environment of a stage race.

It is a fair point.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    Talking of going into races short-handed...

As of right now, for Romandie (8-rider squads)

OPQS are fielding 7 men
    Lampre are fielding 6

If the UCI plans for smaller squads does get put into action, teams fielding weakened squads is only going to get more widespread and a lot worse.

http://www.tourderomandie.ch/fr/35-coureurs
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,553
    I actually think Sky have scaled back this season on taking their riders straight into heavy training volumes AND racing on the front all day etc. They did a massive review after the end of last season, asking riders what went well and what didn't. And from a recent CycleSport Rod Ellingworth interview they also wanted to understand why - with the exception of Wiggins ToB win and Poland TT win, and Lopez's Eneco stage win - the team struggled so much for results post-Tour.

I think they concluded that domestiques like Lopez, Siutsou and Kiry etc had hammered / been hammered so much in the stage races from Oman through to Dauphine, that they were cooked by the time it came to the Tour (esp Lopez and Siutsou).

They've certainly raced differently in stage races this season. And I think they are being extremely strict about not letting riders start races/stages if they're not right.

So are you saying there might be something in my theory but that Sky had already realised it for themselves and are trying to rectify it? :wink:
  • Richmond Racer
    Pross wrote:
    I actually think Sky have scaled back this season on taking their riders straight into heavy training volumes AND racing on the front all day etc. They did a massive review after the end of last season, asking riders what went well and what didn't. And from a recent CycleSport Rod Ellingworth interview they also wanted to understand why - with the exception of Wiggins ToB win and Poland TT win, and Lopez's Eneco stage win - the team struggled so much for results post-Tour.

I think they concluded that domestiques like Lopez, Siutsou and Kiry etc had hammered / been hammered so much in the stage races from Oman through to Dauphine, that they were cooked by the time it came to the Tour (esp Lopez and Siutsou).

They've certainly raced differently in stage races this season. And I think they are being extremely strict about not letting riders start races/stages if they're not right.

So are you saying there might be something in my theory but that Sky had already realised it for themselves and are trying to rectify it? :wink:

Kind of, yes. And you should be made co-head of performance, with immediate effect :wink:
  • above_the_cows
    Pross wrote:

Kind of, yes. And you should be made co-head of performance, with immediate effect :wink:

Lucky you Pross! You get to wear the regulation uniform, right down to your socks and undercrackers!

(I've always imagined Sky literally wear a uniform all the time, including down to their smalls and particulars.*)

*Be nice to me, I'm not feeling well, my sense of balance is all off and I feel like Jacques Cousteau in a diving bell.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,553
    Pross wrote:

I'd better wait until the results of yesterday's Level 2 Road and TT coaching course come back first.
  • frenchfighter
    Vincenzo Nibali said: "Of course I've seen - the Sicilian-replies with a smile. I did not like his veins, my legs are more beautiful, more toned, with more muscle"

Google translate from Gazzetta
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Richmond Racer
    Vincenzo Nibali said: "Of course I've seen - the Sicilian-replies with a smile. I did not like his veins, my legs are more beautiful, more toned, with more muscle"

Google translate from Gazzetta

Oh stop...that is absolutely brilliant....