Froome is looking rather lean!!

Comments

• andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,105
    If he's such a great champion, why on earth is he not racing at Liege on Sunday?
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,615
    andyp wrote:
    If he's such a great champion, why on earth is he not racing at Liege on Sunday?

Not a particularly good one day racer, given the engine.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    andyp wrote:

You still searching for my posts like a viper to hit them with your one liners?

I'm backing Joaquim Rodriguez. Climber with a sprint, like Valverde. It's why they have a one day palmares. Contador doesnt do sprints or 500m efforts. He prefers the 50km attacks.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • exlaser
    exlaser Posts: 264
    It's never worth arguing with frenchfighter.

Just give him some euros so he can get a room with the love of his life! :)
    Van Nicholas Ventus
    Rose Xeon RS
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    andyp wrote:

I'm backing Joaquim Rodriguez. Climber with a sprint, like Valverde. It's why they have a one day palmares. Contador doesnt do sprints or 500m efforts. He prefers the 50km attacks.

Show me an example of when he attacked at 50km and won from that attack like you claim.

Also Froome has had two different injuries this year so get over the fact he hasn't raced much. Contador has one more win than Froome, so that's not that much impressive.
  • alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    sjmclean wrote:
    andyp wrote:

Show me an example of when he attacked at 50km and won from that attack like you claim.

Also Froome has had two different injuries this year so get over the fact he hasn't raced much. Contador has one more win than Froome, so that's not that much impressive.

He attacked from a long way out in the Vuelta in 2012 I think? caught everyone by surprise on what should have been a relatively simple stage and took the Jersey.
  • Anonymous
    sjmclean wrote:
    andyp wrote:

He attacked from a long way out in the Vuelta in 2012 I think? caught everyone by surprise on what should have been a relatively simple stage and took the Jersey.

13.5 km
  • Bo Duke
    Bo Duke Posts: 1,058
    FoldingJoe wrote:
    13997858684_9603937563.jpg
    Looks like a map of the Tube! :mrgreen:
    'Performance analysis and Froome not being clean was a media driven story. I haven’t heard one guy in the peloton say a negative thing about Froome, and I haven’t heard a single person in the peloton suggest Froome isn’t clean.' TSP
  • Remarkable
    Remarkable Posts: 187
    sjmclean wrote:
    sjmclean wrote:
    andyp wrote:

13.5 km

50 km. I remember tuning into Eurosport and the race was in pieces long before they even started broadcasting.
    http://velonews.competitor.com/2012/09/ ... lta_237654

There are loads of other examples like:
    http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/contado ... nge-attack
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    Pross wrote:
    Yes, yes, yes, yes but more importantly what do we all think of the rug?

Zebra print? Or maybe he has gone back to his roots and it is a genuine zebra skin (although I find it easier to imagine the Cound out big game hunting).

:lol:

that post needs a suitable photo

I am now going to have to go for a long ride to get the image of Michelle Big Game Hunter Cound out of my head. :?
    Correlation is not causation.
  • Anonymous
    Remarkable wrote:
    sjmclean wrote:
    sjmclean wrote:
    andyp wrote:

13.5 km

50 km. I remember tuning into Eurosport and the race was in pieces long before they even started broadcasting.

But he didn't win from one attack at 50km, he also didn't win at Alpe.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,150
    Remarkable wrote:

But he did neither of those out of preference. He did them because he was losing and it was the only option left for him. Would he have attacked then had he been winning or close to winning? I doubt it. They were, to borrow a phrase from American Football - 'Hail Mary' attacks.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Remarkable
    Remarkable Posts: 187
    sjmclean wrote:

But he didn't win from one attack at 50km, he also didn't win at Alpe.

He won the red jersey from that attack & that is what he set out to do. :)
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    RichN95 wrote:
    Remarkable wrote:

But he did neither of those out of preference. He did them because he was losing and it was the only option left for him. Would he have attacked then had he been winning or close to winning? I doubt it. They were, to borrow a phrase from American Football - 'Hail Mary' attacks.

So in your whirring brain these are attacks not worth doing? I think his legion of fans would disagree.

I would also disagree with her general assertion. For instance he didnt attack from distance in Tirreno14 as he losing did he.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • RichN95.
    RichN95 wrote:
    Remarkable wrote:

So in your whirring brain these are attacks not worth doing? I think his legion of fans would disagree.

I would also disagree with her general assertion. For instance he didnt attack from distance in Tirreno14 as he losing did he.
    No, of course they're worth doing. But you said he 'prefers the 50km attacks'. No he doesn't. He prefers winning, and 50km attacks aren't the most effective way of winning so he doesn't really do them unless it's the only option left to him.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,932
    Those doping threads from the off season don't seem so bad now.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • adr82
    adr82 Posts: 4,002
    This particular thread went downhill from the 8th reply, where FF (who else? :roll:) had to make it all about Contador. Again.
  • tuneskyline
    tuneskyline Posts: 370
    George-Hincapie-leg-veins-500x796.jpg

Hincapie has sand worms.
  • okgo
    okgo Posts: 4,368
    Daz555 wrote:
    Either way he has come a long way from the fat boy of the past and Contador is not going to be scared by that picture.
    All that will scare Contador is the knowledge that if Froome can hit 2013 levels of form, he has no chance to beat him this year in the Tour.

My gut feeling though is that we are not going to see Froome in shape this year and Contador is going to be uncontested in the Tour this year. Which will be a shame. Really want to see a proper ding dong.

Contador's top form would beat Froome's 2013 form.

His top form is via drugs so how would we know. He's a cheating rat.
    Blog on my first and now second season of proper riding/racing - www.firstseasonracing.com
  • UncleMonty
    UncleMonty Posts: 385
    George-Hincapie-leg-veins-500x796.jpg

Hincapie has sand worms.

WTF are his small intestines doing down there
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    okgo wrote:
    Daz555 wrote:
    Either way he has come a long way from the fat boy of the past and Contador is not going to be scared by that picture.
    All that will scare Contador is the knowledge that if Froome can hit 2013 levels of form, he has no chance to beat him this year in the Tour.

My gut feeling though is that we are not going to see Froome in shape this year and Contador is going to be uncontested in the Tour this year. Which will be a shame. Really want to see a proper ding dong.

As are most...
  • joelsim
    The Tour is going to be good this year. Contador is on form, Froome hasn't had as good a 2014 as last year, Valverde knows it is his last chance before Quintana takes over, there are some good young uns coming through. And Nibs showed his class in the Giro last year, and if he can recapture that it could be much closer than we all imagined it would be a few months ago.
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    Joelsim wrote:
    The Tour is going to be good this year. Contador is on form, Froome hasn't had as good a 2014 as last year, Valverde knows it is his last chance before Quintana takes over, there are some good young uns coming through. And Nibs showed his class in the Giro last year, and if he can recapture that it could be much closer than we all imagined it would be a few months ago.
    I'm hoping for a proper battle :mrgreen:
  • joelsim
    Paul 8v wrote:
    Joelsim wrote:

Absolutely. Can't bloody wait. And the Giro is less than a fortnight away too. Joy!
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    Joelsim wrote:
    Paul 8v wrote:
    Joelsim wrote:

Absolutely. Can't bloody wait. And the Giro is less than a fortnight away too. Joy!
    That's come up quick, can't even think who the main protagonists will be, I know there is Quintana but not sure who else
  • RichN95.
    Didn't we decide a year or so ago that posting pictures of Hincapie's legs was a bannable offence?
  • joelsim
    RichN95 wrote:
    Didn't we decide a year or so ago that posting pictures of Hincapie's legs was a bannable offence?

It isn't nice.
  • joelsim
    Paul 8v wrote:
    Joelsim wrote:
    Paul 8v wrote:
    Joelsim wrote:

That's come up quick, can't even think who the main protagonists will be, I know there is Quintana but not sure who else

There aren't any as far as I can see except Purito. One of the podium spots could go to absolutely anyone.
  • okgo
    okgo Posts: 4,368
    Joelsim wrote:
    okgo wrote:
    Daz555 wrote:

As are most...

Is Froome?
    Blog on my first and now second season of proper riding/racing - www.firstseasonracing.com
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    Paul 8v wrote:

It's the most wide open Giro for years. Second step on the podium is Rigo's, Cadel's, J-Rod's...
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.