Ronde Van Vlaanderen 2014 *SPOILERS*

Comments

• The_Boy
    The_Boy Posts: 3,099
    if JVS doesnt foot the medical bill or something then he loses all respect.

Even by your standards, that is an awful thing to say.
    Team My Man 2018: David gaudu, Pierre Latour, Romain Bardet, Thibaut pinot, Alexandre Geniez, Florian Senechal, Warren Barguil, Benoit Cosnefroy
  • The_Boy wrote:
    if JVS doesnt foot the medical bill or something then he loses all respect.

Even by your standards, that is an awful thing to say.

Sigh.

The guy rode into her, paralyzed her for life and earns huge money. Your 'awful' is misplaced.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    Thanks for posting. Pretty sad. Hopefully the organization can help out and if JVS doesnt foot the medical bill or something then he loses all respect.

The guy rode into her, paralyzed her for life and earns huge money.

What a strange thing to say.
  • Justify yourselves or stop posting codswallop.

^see you have changed your comment.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • keef_zip
    keef_zip Posts: 295
    Thanks for posting. Pretty sad. Hopefully the organization can help out and if JVS doesnt foot the medical bill or something then he loses all respect.

This has got to be the most inappropriate comment I've ever seen on this forum. You should be ashamed FF.

It was an accident. JVS didn't ride into her - she was stood in the middle of the race road on a small island. I'm not saying that it was her fault either, just a very sad accident, but in no way was it JVS's "fault".
  • salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    keef_zip wrote:

This has got to be the most inappropriate comment I've ever seen on this forum. You should be ashamed FF.

It was an accident. JVS didn't ride into her - she was stood in the middle of the race road on a small island. I'm not saying that it was her fault either, just a very sad accident, but in no way was it JVS's "fault".

Sorry FF, but +1
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • So that is three posts talking sh*t without any justification. (k_z is on perma block).
    Contador is the Greatest
  • andyrr
    andyrr Posts: 1,822
    Salsiccia1 wrote:
    keef_zip wrote:

Sorry FF, but +1

Think FF's comment means that all respect is lost for JVS by FF - as FF has a minute amount of respect on here then I don't think his comment means anything whatsoever anyway.
  • Tom Dean
    Tom Dean Posts: 1,723
    So that is three posts talking sh*t without any justification. (k_z is on perma block).
    Justification? I think keef_zip explained himself pretty clearly and you blocked him :lol:
  • Tom Dean wrote:
    So that is three posts talking sh*t without any justification. (k_z is on perma block).
    Justification? I think keef_zip explained himself pretty clearly and you blocked him :lol:

He was always blocked.

Regardless of whether it was an 'accident', if you were in JVS position and you read that you had paralysed the lady and they are struggling to pay medical bills, would you not step in?

I would. But then not all men are like me.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Tom Dean
    I think we can all agree on that at least :)
  • keef_zip

The only word to describe you is one which would likely get me a ban. It starts and ends with a T and has an A and W in between, although possibly not in that order.

About a year ago you said you were blocking me, so you've either a very very short memory or decided to unblock me for some reason.

The point is "where is your justification".....anyone, anyone. If you make a baseless comment, expect it to be examined and questioned. This is what happens in adult life - you do know what that is, right?

Anyway, the purpose of this comment is to show others that look at this thread how ridiculous you are and how you clearly lack any moral compass (because you won't see this if you've remembered to block me).
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    Tom Dean wrote:

But then not all men are like me.

This is a fantastic quote.
  • keef_zip
    He was always blocked.

Great memory you have.....
    Regardless of whether it was an 'accident', if you were in JVS position and you read that you had paralysed the lady and they are struggling to pay medical bills, would you not step in?

"He" as is JVS, didn't paralyse her. She has ended up being paralysed because of the accident.
    I would. But then not all men are like me.

Thank feck for that.
  • shazzz
    shazzz Posts: 1,077
    Very sad to hear that Marie-Claire has been injured so seriously.

Does anyone know the nature / detail of the criminal case referred to in the article? Would be interesting to know who the defendant is and the nature of the charge.
  • deejay
    deejay Posts: 3,138
    This bickering among you people is not constructive to the poor lady's predicament.
    I know the whole of this is a Belgian problem but the costs to her life is now much higher than before.
    The main consensus so far is it was an accident and as one rider didn't see the obstruction and their was the accident.
    Nothing criminal about this what so ever.
    I thought the event organisers would take out "Insurance" to cover third party cover at least. (It's cheap)
    There should be no reason not to pay out this claim and stop trying to pin the blame on anything that could have caused this accident by a riders instant reaction. (or lack of)
    It happened, and a third party is injured so pay up the on the Insurance policy.

Now if there is a loophole in the policy then there is room for criminal proceedings on the organisers of the event.
    Furthermore, the financial concerns are getting bigger. As it is still unclear who is responsible for the accident, the family has still not received any money from insurance companies. For the same reasons, they can not count on any support due to Marie-Claire's invalidity.

"However, I have a certificate from the Federal Social Security that makes it clear that she is severely handicapped, but everything is blocked until a decision is made in the criminal case. Nevertheless, it is certain that my wife will be heavily reliant on others for the rest of her life. It is unbelievable."
    Organiser, National Championship 50 mile Time Trial 1972
  • You guys need to all calm down a bit.

Bertie will soon see FF's cardboard distress signal saying help is needed and will get his crack (allegedly, but let's not dwell) team of doctors to get the poor woman back on her feet in time to win next year's Ronde by a handy margin.
    Life is unfair, kill yourself or get over it.
  • How do you block people?
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    How do you block people?
    Click on their name to go to their profile.
    Then click on 'Add Foe' (as shown here)

14iz8e0.jpg
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    How do you block people?

Don't do it. Rejoice in the variety.
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Salsiccia1 wrote:
    How do you block people?

Don't do it. Rejoice in the variety.
    Exactly. Never be afraid of opposing opinions. If we don't allow our opinions to be challenged then they are worthless.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Some opinions are repetitive and designed to inflame others though, in my opinion.
  • The whole point of a forum is to hear different sides of an argument. It's like going on Question Time and sticking your fingers in your ears whenever certain people say anything.
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    They just talk over each other instead on there :-)
  • kingstonian
    kingstonian Posts: 2,847

I suspect he has been told by lawyers to pay nothing because if he does it could be interpreted as an acceptance of responsibility and as a consequence he could become liable for footing the bill for future medical costs too.

Personally, if it were my family member I would bring a case against the organisers. They bear responsibility for ensuring safety of spectators, and clearly they (unintentionally) put her in harm's way. They will have had to take out insurance to run the event, which is ultimately what would pay out to cover damages.
  • So that is three posts talking sh*t without any justification. (k_z is on perma block).

I suspect he has been told by lawyers to pay nothing because if he does it could be interpreted as an acceptance of responsibility and as a consequence he could become liable for footing the bill for future medical costs too.

Personally, if it were my family member I would bring a case against the organisers. They bear responsibility for ensuring safety of spectators, and clearly they (unintentionally) put her in harm's way. They will have had to take out insurance to run the event, which is ultimately what would pay out to cover damages.

Sensible points.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Tom Dean

Sensible points.
    Without knowing any detail about what happened, they are not sensible points.
  • Ok Tom.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • kingstonian
    Tom Dean wrote:

Sensible points.

Really?

Odd response, or were you firing off at FF and not me?
  • kingstonian
    Tom Dean wrote:

Sensible points.

Really?

Odd response, or were you firing off at FF and not me?