Comments

• Richmond Racer
    Richmond Racer Posts: 8,561
    They're a 90s indie band ;)

And they're VERY repentent for the way they sounded :wink:
  • mike6
    mike6 Posts: 1,199
    mroli wrote:
    I'm sure if Wiggins had won in a similar manner, the headline would have been just as good. Why doe being a fan of a particular rider always have to be such a negative things ? We've all got our heroes, Contador isn't one of mine, but I can understand why he is lots of people's.

I was not taking a swipe at fans of particular teams or riders, that is a positive thing. I was using the term fanboy as a term for one eyed supporters who idolize a rider, at the cost of ignoring any obvious flaws, and also feel that support is not enough without having to denigrate another rider or team at the same time.
    Children do this because they know no better, in an adult it is indefensible. :wink:
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,163
    The_Boy wrote:
    Not to mention "God Save Bradley Wiggins". Though now I think of it that might not have been l'equipe.

Maybe that was a plea in a Murdoch owned rag in May 2013?
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    the Inner Ring ‏@inrng · 3h
    No Ardennes classics for Contador this year, he will rest after the Tour of the Basque Country DS Mauduit tells Eurosport
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • Yellow Peril
    Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    the Inner Ring ‏@inrng · 3h
    No Ardennes classics for Contador this year, he will rest after the Tour of the Basque Country DS Mauduit tells Eurosport

Shame that, he's always good value in the gallop up the Muur in FW.
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    Lightweight, no respect etc...

See he's turning into a single minded factory boy already!!

;)
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Contador is the Greatest
  • tom3
    tom3 Posts: 287

He does have a lot to say but unfortunately none of it interesting.
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    He says there's nothing to see regarding a bloke he then says he knows nothing about, and also that there's no point getting uppity about any past doping (which is a nice comfy angle for him as Contador has doped).

It's all just pointless blurb with a bit of Contador ass-kissing really.
  • frenchfighter
    290-RTR374BI.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,450
    mfin wrote:

You mean Frenchfighter and Oleg Tinkov are the same person? :shock:
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    andyp wrote:
    mfin wrote:

You mean Frenchfighter and Oleg Tinkov are the same person? :shock:

They've never been seen in the same room.

At best, they have the same personality issues.
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    mfin wrote:
    He says there's nothing to see regarding a bloke he then says he knows nothing about, and also that there's no point getting uppity about any past doping (which is a nice comfy angle for him as Contador has doped).

It does make me laugh, singling out those who have been caught, when we all know in our heart of hearts that those who haven't doped are a small minority.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Joelsim wrote:
    mfin wrote:

It does make me laugh, singling out those who have been caught, when we all know in our heart of hearts that those who haven't doped are a small minority.
    You may think that, but more experienced observers than you don't. You're just a newcomer trying to pass off cynicism as wisdom
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • tailwindhome
    Alberto Contador ‏@albertocontador · 46m
    Today is the 10th anniversary of the accident that changed my vision on life. I didn't know if I could ride back a bike and...

Alberto Contador ‏@albertocontador · 47m
    10 years and seasons later I've celebrated the date with 6h training. Where there's a will, there is a way!!!
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • frenchfighter
    Big respect for him for overcoming that awful incident and creating memories to last a lifetime on his way to being the best stage race rider of his generation.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • tailwindhome
    Bq5elvoCAAAb3aP.jpg:large
  • frenchfighter
    Hmm that's a bit shi t at an attempt at humour.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • tailwindhome
    You get the reference?
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    You get the reference?
    It's still sh1t
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • tailwindhome
    RichN95 wrote:
    You get the reference?
    It's still sh1t

Well it gave me a wee chuckle.

Not a belly laugh, not a guffaw, not even a LOL

But something above a wee smile.
  • tailwindhome
    Bqf4RMnCMAAI-BK.jpg:large

Having a little coffee in the middle of training. How good it's after 3 intense hours
  • tailwindhome
  • frenchfighter
    The shot through the tunnel is superb.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,570
    i saw three guys in tinkoff kit followed by a team van at the base of the passo del fascagno between livigno and bormio last monday. looks like he was one of them
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago