Contador and Sky's trainer

Comments

• rayjay
    rayjay Posts: 1,384
    smithy21 wrote:
    Rayjay- you have to be an alt. Are you Lichtblick?

Rick are you going to do something about post's like this?

These idiots a wrecking the thread.

or is this a boys club where one some of us get a ban for making a yawn joke and others can make childish petty remarks and insults because they don't like someone's opinion and get no comeback.

I'm not going to respond to these idiots anymore but I do expect you as moderator to control this forum and stop threads getting ruined.

Are you going to start banning these idiots. Rick.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    rayjay wrote:
    I'm not going to respond to these idiots anymore

Let's see how long this lasts..about as long as frenchie's "drastic reduction" I'd guess...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Coach H
    Coach H Posts: 1,092
    ddraver wrote:
    rayjay wrote:

Let's see how long this lasts..about as long as frenchie's "drastic reduction" I'd guess...

You may be surprised. A previous time he said this he didn't respond on the post but started to respond directly by PM. We had quite a book running in the office about how many times I could get him to reply and how many times he would contradict himself.

That said, I give it until 11.32
    Coach H. (Dont ask me for training advice - 'It's not about the bike')
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    the Inner Ring ‏@inrng · 26m
    Contador: "I wanted to arrive solo to give the tifosi what they'd been waiting for and use Tirreno's big audience to confirm I'm back"

Not surprised to see a quote like this as Contador has always been conscious of his fans which is why the knowledgeable and long standing fans in Italy and Spain particularly love him.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • rayjay
    rayjay Posts: 1,384
    Coach H wrote:
    ddraver wrote:
    rayjay wrote:

You may be surprised. A previous time he said this he didn't respond on the post but started to respond directly by PM. We had quite a book running in the office about how many times I could get him to reply and how many times he would contradict himself.

That said, I give it until 11.32

Rick here we go again we have another post off topic and posters aiming insults at me .

Are you going to control this site and stop these idiots wrecking threads.?
  • Coach H
    Coach H Posts: 1,092
    edited March 2014
    rayjay wrote:
    I am an idiot and yet again I am wrecking the thread.

I'm not going to respond to these sane individuals anymore (although of course I WILL) but I do expect you as moderator to control this forum and stop threads getting ruined by me.

Are you going to start banning me again to save the forum. Rick.

Fixed that for you rayjay

(sorry Rick, this post should probably be reported but I really am getting to the point that any thread that rayjay is a part of is becoming a no go area. I have tried putting him on my ignore list but people keep quoting him so it does not work. Sarcasm seems the only viable option at this stage)
    Coach H. (Dont ask me for training advice - 'It's not about the bike')
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,450
    rayjay wrote:

Rick here we go again we have another post off topic and posters aiming insults at me .

Are you going to control this site and stop these idiots wrecking threads.?

I'm struggling a bit here, can you highlight these insults for me please?
  • ddraver
    it's funny how us idiots never wreck threads that you are nt in isn't it ray...
    - @ddraver
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    Just out of interest, does AC's camp gunshot thing and pistolero nickname have anything to do with his passion for hunting?
  • ddraver
    BjErOEeIUAA6XYU.jpg

So an unrepentant convicted doper gets a free pass from l'equipe...

Can you imagine the headline had a Sky rider won? :roll:
    - @ddraver
  • mike6
    mike6 Posts: 1,199
    ddraver wrote:
    BjErOEeIUAA6XYU.jpg

So an unrepentant convicted doper gets a free pass from l'equipe...

True, true. A lot of fanboys have there favorite riders who can do no wrong. Seems L'equipe are going down that road. :roll:
  • mroli
    mroli Posts: 3,622
    I'm sure if Wiggins had won in a similar manner, the headline would have been just as good. Why does being a fan of a particular rider always have to be such a negative thing? We've all got our heroes, Contador isn't one of mine, but I can understand why he is lots of people's.
  • ddraver
    It's not about Contador mroli, it's about the difference in what teams are deemed suspicious or not
    - @ddraver
  • dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,643
    ddraver wrote:
    It's not about Contador mroli, it's about the difference in what teams are deemed suspicious or not

I thought INRNG also tweeted that they threw in a steak reference into the front page headline...
  • mfin
    It's got nothing to do with teams (at least not anymore).
  • mroli wrote:
    I'm sure if Wiggins had won in a similar manner, the headline would have been just as good. Why does being a fan of a particular rider always have to be such a negative thing? We've all got our heroes, Contador isn't one of mine, but I can understand why he is lots of people's.

See, I just don't understand why people would support Contador. He's an unrepentant cheat and a liar, and has achieved huge personal gains, including financial, at the expense of honest competitors. That's pretty damn low.
  • The_Boy
    The_Boy Posts: 3,099
    ddraver wrote:
    BjErOEeIUAA6XYU.jpg

Probably much the same. I expect has this happened at le tour then the d word would have been raised.

Different audiences, innit.
    Team My Man 2018: David gaudu, Pierre Latour, Romain Bardet, Thibaut pinot, Alexandre Geniez, Florian Senechal, Warren Barguil, Benoit Cosnefroy
  • Richmond Racer
    Richmond Racer Posts: 8,561
    The_Boy wrote:
    ddraver wrote:
    BjErOEeIUAA6XYU.jpg

Probably much the same. I expect has this happened at le tour then the d word would have been raised.

Different audiences, innit.

Tbf l'Equipe's headline at the end of the Tour, above a lovely pic of Froome with Versailles in the background, was 'The Sun King'
  • The_Boy
    The_Boy Posts: 3,099
    Not to mention "God Save Bradley Wiggins". Though now I think of it that might not have been l'equipe.
    Team My Man 2018: David gaudu, Pierre Latour, Romain Bardet, Thibaut pinot, Alexandre Geniez, Florian Senechal, Warren Barguil, Benoit Cosnefroy
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 21,541
    <rant>

Seeing as this thread is throughly off topic, I'd just like to add my pet hate: "unrepentant doper". Its usage could apply to an awful lot of people in cycling, but it is usually reserved for Valverde and Contador. For example, no one ever says "I can't watch [Europsport] because it has an unrepentent doper commentating"

Even the most repentant people in cycling, Garmin, spend most of their time considering themselves as victims and dealing with that. Has Hincapie sent a large cheque to Brian Smith or anyone else forced out of cycling? Have they spent large amounts of money righting any wrongs? So until repentant dopers become the norm, or even come to exist, perhaps the term could be used less.

</rant>
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    TheBigBean wrote:
    <rant>

Seeing as this thread is throughly off topic, I'd just like to add my pet hate: "unrepentant doper". Its usage could apply to an awful lot of people in cycling, but it is usually reserved for Valverde and Contador. For example, no one ever says "I can't watch [Europsport] because it has an unrepentent doper commentating"

Even the most repentant people in cycling, Garmin, spend most of their time considering themselves as victims and dealing with that. Has Hincapie sent a large cheque to Brian Smith or anyone else forced out of cycling? Have they spent large amounts of money righting any wrongs? So until repentant dopers become the norm, or even come to exist, perhaps the term could be used less.

</rant>

+1
    Contador is the Greatest
  • mfin
    edited March 2014
    TheBigBean wrote:
    <rant>

</rant>

I agree on this. In AC's case it's also not a relevant term really as he hasn't even admitted it, so 'lying doper' is better than 'unrepentant doper'.
  • Richmond Racer
    TheBigBean wrote:
    <rant>

</rant>

Its an interesting point - what does 'repentent' really mean? and what do each of us expect/want from it?

Personally, I could do without the holding up of 7 digits when he won the 2012 Vuelta to represent the '7' GTs he'd won i.e.blatently sticking up 2 fingers to the fact he'd been stripped of 2 of them. Or the instruction to the press at the Saxo press conference during the Tour last year 'Contador will only answer 2 doping-related questions, no more'

He's a sanctioned rider - he needs to front up to doping questions. Same goes for 'I dont want to talk about it'
    Valverde. And Scarponi. And any sanctioned rider.
  • ddraver
    TheBigBean wrote:
    <rant>

</rant>

As I'm sure you suspected i disagree - but have no fear, my ire is not only for Contador...
    - @ddraver
  • TheBigBean

Personally, I could do without the holding up of 7 digits when he won the 2012 Vuelta to represent the '7' GTs he'd won i.e.blatently sticking up 2 fingers to the fact he'd been stripped of 2 of them.

I can see how that is a little antagonistic.

Although only cycling could allow a rider to turn up with a licence, win a race and then decide later that he didn't win because he shouldn't have been there because he should have been banned. It's something they really should sort out.
  • TheBigBean wrote:
    <rant>

</rant>

Not sure I entirely understand your argument. Why does it matter that there are lots of unrepentant dopers? Are you complaining that the word unrepentant is redundant in this context? If so, that simply isn't the case.

And just take a moment to think why commentators aren't as frequently criticised for being unrepentant dopers...The topic of their doping is far less likely to come up on places like this forum.

I, like most people, condemn all forms of doping at all levels of the sport. But this doesn't mean that if I want to mention Contador is an unrepentant doper, I also have to say that many other riders, past and present, are also. That would be mental.
  • mfin wrote:
    TheBigBean wrote:
    <rant>

</rant>

I agree on this. In AC's case it's also not a relevant term really as he hasn't even admitted it, so 'lying doper' is better than 'unrepentant doper'.

He's a cheat, a liar and unrepentant. It's not true to say that he's not unrepentant.
  • TheBigBean
    mfin wrote:

He's a cheat, a liar and unrepentant. It's not true to say that he's not unrepentant.

How do you describe Abdoujaparov?
  • Richmond Racer
    TheBigBean wrote:
    Although only cycling could allow a rider to turn up with a licence, win a race and then decide later that he didn't win because he shouldn't have been there because he should have been banned. It's something they really should sort out.[/quote]

Yep
  • They're a 90s indie band ;)