Tirreno-Adriatico 2014 *SPOILERS*

1222324252628»

Comments

• mroli
    mroli Posts: 3,622
    I didn't see his ride in the TT, but is he still doing that slip down the saddle thing and the little hop back up?

I always thought that was a really weird - discussed here a bit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sYUfzHzYaU
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Vino slid like that also.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    Not the only thing they had in common then.

No, AC was far less fidgety on saddle position than he sometimes used to be. Not sure what he was doing with his left leg, perhaps he'd 'trapped one' a bit.
  • outcastjack
    outcastjack Posts: 237
    Quite a lot of the Garmin riders were wearing the road aero helmet rather than the flying saucer.
    Does anyone know, is this just an attempt to look less daft or is it that the road helmet is more aerodynamic?
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    Quite a lot of the Garmin riders were wearing the road aero helmet rather than the flying saucer.
    Does anyone know, is this just an attempt to look less daft or is it that the road helmet is more aerodynamic?
    Possibly just the shame of the god awful death star gunner helmet. I know in the case of the Giro helmets there isn't much between the air attack and the full on TT helmet. Especially if you aren't that great at keeping your head in the correct position and keep lifting the tail.