Tirreno-Adriatico 2014 *SPOILERS*

Comments

• frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Kwiatkowski pushing a huge ring for a small lad.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • ooer !
  • ocdupalais
    ocdupalais Posts: 4,314
    Bertie looking fired up... This may in part be to do with the inside of his skin suit seeming to catch a bo!!ock on his saddle.
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    What is Contador doing with his left leg? Something up?
  • frenchfighter
    Kwiatkowski took t he first corner the best of those I've seen. Martin must have told him not to break. The others have lost a few seconds there easy.

Nieve with a poor TT.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    Alberto seemingly having a tug at the groin of his skinsuit :shock:
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • ocdupalais
    Quintana looking noticeably lower on TT than last year...
  • Macaloon
    Customer golf from Kreusiger, 40s down at finish.
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    Nairo looked typically wobbly, but good going by him then
  • frenchfighter
    Congratulations Malori. Excellent job.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • jamie1012
    jamie1012 Posts: 171
    Monster effort from Nairo.
  • frenchfighter
    1 Adriano Malori (Ita) Movistar 10:13
    2 Fabian Cancellara (Swi) Trek 10:19
    3 Bradley Wiggins (GBr) Sky 10:24
    4 Tony Martin (Ger) Omega Pharma-QuickStep 10:28
    5 Tom Dumoulin (Ned) Giant-Shimano 10:32
    Contador is the Greatest
  • ocdupalais
    Bertie beats Quintana in the mountains: Quintana beats Bertie in the TT...

At home, J-Rod and Froome don't know whether to go out TT training or head to the hills...
  • rayjay
    rayjay Posts: 1,384
    Qunitana ,,,ripping it up.

Faster than Contador ....

Great victory for Contador
  • jamie1012
    jamie1012 Posts: 171
    OCDuPalais wrote:
    Bertie beats Quintana in the mountains: Quintana beats Bertie in the TT...

At home, J-Rod and Froome don't know whether to go out TT training or head to the hills...
    :lol:
  • frenchfighter
    GC
    Contador
    Quintana
    Kreuziger
    Peraud
    Arrendondo - excellent by him who is having his first year on a proper team after being with Nippo for the last two years.
    Pozzo
    Kiser
    Moreno
    Scarponi
    Nieve
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 5,160
    Malori's biggest TT win by some measure I think
  • Macaloon
    Amazed that Quintana held off both Kreuziger and Peraud. Great sign.
  • phil s
    phil s Posts: 1,128
    Macaloon wrote:
    Amazed that Quintana held off both Kreuziger and Peraud. Great sign.

Rewind to Pays Basque last year...
    -- Dirk Hofman Motorhomes --
  • mroli
    mroli Posts: 3,622
    curium wrote:
    I'm a bit disappointed with Alex Dowsett. Expected him to be top Movistar at least. Perhaps he should move to Spain for training over winter?
    Tough crowd = top Movistar "at least" - you mean, over the bloke who put 6 seconds into Cancellara, 11 seconds into the Olympic Champion and 15 seconds into the World Champion?

He finished 6th, 20 seconds back in a properly world class field on a course that was probably too short to specifically suit him. He beat some decent TTers and was very close to the best TTers in the world.

I'd say good effort.
  • frenchfighter
    Can't wait until Catalunya next Monday. No TT just climb after climb after climb. Great lineup too. Going to be super.

profile-01.jpg
    profile-02.jpg
    profile-03.jpg
    profile-04.jpg
    profile-05.jpg
    profile-06.jpg
    profile-07.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • rayjay
    rayjay Posts: 1,384
    That's more like it .
  • curium
    curium Posts: 815
    mroli wrote:
    curium wrote:
    I'm a bit disappointed with Alex Dowsett. Expected him to be top Movistar at least. Perhaps he should move to Spain for training over winter?
    Tough crowd = top Movistar "at least" - you mean, over the bloke who put 6 seconds into Cancellara, 11 seconds into the Olympic Champion and 15 seconds into the World Champion?

He finished 6th, 20 seconds back in a properly world class field on a course that was probably too short to specifically suit him. He beat some decent TTers and was very close to the best TTers in the world.

I'd say good effort.
    All I'm saying is that after the Giro stage win last year I thought that 2014 would see him progress to mixing it with Canc/Wiggo/Martin on a regular basis in 2014. Still early days but given that TT is the only discipline he excels at he needs to be mixing it with these boys or risk becoming just another member of the peloton.

Sorry if that sounds harsh, I'm not sure how to best word it. Basically he's not a sprinter, classics rider or GT contender.

My missus is an Essex girl so we've kind of followed Dowsett since he was racing with the Livestrong juniors team
  • Crampeur
    Crampeur Posts: 1,065
    Anyone still got that photo comparing Nairo's TT position this year with last?
  • frenchfighter
    Crampeur wrote:
    Anyone still got that photo comparing Nairo's TT position this year with last?
    Be1rBY-CYAA_rZZ.jpg

Movistar's change to Canyon plus work in the wind tunnel is really paying off with their riders.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Daz555
    Daz555 Posts: 3,976
    Can't quite decide if Wiggo's peformance is good or bad. I can't remember him winning many sub 10k TTs so I expect 2nd or 3rd was as good as he hoped? Dunno. Hmm. :?
    You only need two tools: WD40 and Duck Tape.
    If it doesn't move and should, use the WD40.
    If it shouldn't move and does, use the tape.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    Wiggo and Martin usually prefer longer rides. Canc is of course that prologue god!
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Richmond Racer
    Richmond Racer Posts: 8,561
    curium wrote:
    mroli wrote:
    curium wrote:

I'd say good effort.
    All I'm saying is that after the Giro stage win last year I thought that 2014 would see him progress to mixing it with Canc/Wiggo/Martin on a regular basis in 2014. Still early days but given that TT is the only discipline he excels at he needs to be mixing it with these boys or risk becoming just another member of the peloton.

Sorry if that sounds harsh, I'm not sure how to best word it. Basically he's not a sprinter, classics rider or GT contender.

My missus is an Essex girl so we've kind of followed Dowsett since he was racing with the Livestrong juniors team

Malori is (IMO) a better tester than Dowsett at this point in their careers (they're both around the same age). And he's definitely more consistent. Dowsett can score a top 6 in one race, and struggle to make top 30 in the next - even over comparable parcours and distance.

Dont forget, Malori finished 8th in last year's Worlds TT - Dowsett had a shocker and finished 41st
  • Richmond Racer
    Richmond Racer Posts: 8,561
    edited March 2014
    ddraver wrote:
    Wiggo and Martin usually prefer longer rides. Canc is of course that prologue god!

^this. Often takes a while to get those diesels up to full throttle. Wiggins beat Martin, which I reckon he'll be happy about.

EDIT: Dumoulin continues to impress, have to say