Paris - Nice 2014 *Spoilers*

Comments

• Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,163
    Nice to see the leader has been to the Vockler School of Gurning at the Europecar training camp.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    Cor that was a good shot of them rounding the hairpin...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Brave effort. Shame it is very open. He held them off for a very long time.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    Have Giant shot their bolt?
    Correlation is not causation.
  • ddraver
    Giant-Shims to lose this is...
    - @ddraver
  • ddraver
    Ea-sy! Ea-sy! Ea-sy!
    - @ddraver
  • above_the_cows
    Clearly not.

Nodding dog Degenkolb.

That's a lot of 6 points on the PTP.
  • above_the_cows
    Giant-Shimano the new HTC discuss?
  • Pross
    For a moment I thought Eurosport were showing highlights of Sunday's racing from Llandow!
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    Such a cool and likeable team. Giant that is.
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 21,541
    I quite liked seeing a bit of racing on the track.
  • above_the_cows
    TheBigBean wrote:
    I quite liked seeing a bit of racing on the track.

You get a sense of how fast they are going. Plus you get a really good look at how things pan out in the final kms due to the openness.
  • Pross
    They need to learn how to divebomb into corners and cause last lap pile ups sprinting for 25th place if they are going to race on motor racing circuits.
  • frenchfighter
    FIN_STD_IMG.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,788
    So SKY are in last place in the team classification having finished 18th, last and last the firts three days.
    Does this tell us they are killing themselves to keep Thomas in the mix for the overall, or saveing themselves for when in gets (a tiny bit) lumpy?
  • Richmond Racer
    Richmond Racer Posts: 8,561
    Giant-Shimano the new HTC discuss?

Perhaps the closest to HTC of all the trains. But far from infallible.
  • above_the_cows
    inseine wrote:
    So SKY are in last place in the team classification having finished 18th, last and last the firts three days.
    Does this tell us they are killing themselves to keep Thomas in the mix for the overall, or saveing themselves for when in gets (a tiny bit) lumpy?

It tells us they're all, Thomas aside, lazy. :D

In all honesty I have no idea. They seemed to be riding hard before the sprint teams took it up today.

G is in a good place anyway. 21 seconds behind the fast men on GC.
  • Richmond Racer
    A top 10 for Farrar! Hurrah!
  • Pross

2nd in three days isn't it? I thought he was up there on Sunday too. Is this where he has got to for him, people celebrating a top 10 finish in a bunch sprint without any of the top sprinters present :shock:
  • calvjones
    calvjones Posts: 3,850
    Pross wrote:
    For a moment I thought Eurosport were showing highlights of Sunday's racing from Llandow!

Not quite enough outsized Anderson Shelters

Strava is not Zen.
  • gpreeves
    gpreeves Posts: 454
    Pross wrote:
    2nd in three days isn't it? I thought he was up there on Sunday too. Is this where he has got to for him, people celebrating a top 10 finish in a bunch sprint without any of the top sprinters present :shock:

I think he even managed a Top 5 the other day!
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,450
    inseine wrote:

Or that people will use any stick they can find to beat Sky with?
  • r0bh
    r0bh Posts: 2,382
    inseine wrote:

Does anybody care about the team classification? LA's Radioshack team in Le Tour 2010 being the exception that proves the rule.
  • above_the_cows

And a 2nd place for Matthew HARLEY Goss :D

Vroom vroom.

Harley_Davidson_(1).jpg
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,788
    I wasn't trying to beat up on SKY and I have no interest in the Team classification, it's just it tells you a bit about what a team is up to. They are rolling in last and it's not like they are working hard to keep G in the mix.
    They have won it the last two years, though this course is totally diferent, so you'd think they had some plan for this year.
  • above_the_cows
    inseine wrote:
    I wasn't trying to beat up on SKY and I have no interest in the Team classification, it's just it tells you a bit about what a team is up to. They are rolling in last and it's not like they are working hard to keep G in the mix.
    They have won it the last two years, though this course is totally diferent, so you'd think they had some plan for this year.

They did. It hopped off to Italy.
  • Richmond Racer
    inseine wrote:

I rather suspect they do have a plan rather than just meander through each day looking at the lovely chateaux and countryside. And I think they're working at keeping G in the mix. But I think G's someone who's comfortable looking after himself within the last 3km rather than be surrounded by lots of team mates. He's always been capable of moving well in the bunch and following wheels in the final hectic kms - and sometimes it can be more of a hindrance with lots of team mates around you unless you're contesting the sprint. it worked well for Wiggins in the 2012 Tour, but they changed tactics with Froome last year and had just Stannard looking after him in the frenetic sprint stages.

Its all about getting through these first 3 days with G losing as little time as possible. Which they seem to be doing a pretty good job of, to be fair.

Looking at the stage results, they bled most of the time yday with stuff like EBH in the crash with Meersman, Lopez having a mechanical just as the pace was hotting up near the end and Kiryienka on the wrong end of a split with the peloton stretched out
  • Richmond Racer
    INRNG's preview of tomorrow's climb Mont Brouilly

It sounds a bugger

http://inrng.com/2014/03/roads-to-ride-mont-brouilly/
  • frenchfighter
    Nice climb. Difficult for one team to control it. Hopefully see some fireworks even with the field as weak as it is.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • above_the_cows
    INRNG's preview of tomorrow's climb Mont Brouilly

It sounds a bugger

http://inrng.com/2014/03/roads-to-ride-mont-brouilly/

Ouch, that does look a bit mean.