The Hour *** spoilers ***

1464748495052»

Comments

• No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,327
    Best photo from today. If nothing else, my aero position is spot on.

CQ_HLl3WcAAb2wI_zps3st9diop.jpg

You looked very smooth, no upper body movement at all, nice aero. I was impressed, not least because with all your power coming from your thighs I thought you might have a bit more roll in your torso.

I'll happily chip in for the track hire when you go again.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • ocdupalais
    ocdupalais Posts: 4,233
    Best photo from today. If nothing else, my aero position is spot on.

CQ_HLl3WcAAb2wI_zps3st9diop.jpg

Your position is good, but nowhere near as aero as the geezer in your avatar...
    Desperate bad luck, Poker: and Big Respect to you.

Despite the disappointment, at least now your "dress rehearsal" will enhance your grasp of pacing for the event - plus you know that if you can match your current form (or better it), you've got what it takes...
  • kingstonian
    kingstonian Posts: 2,847
    You've got no one to apologise to, mate. Massive respect to you, and it will make it all the sweeter when you blow the record away when you get another crack at it.
  • ManOfKent
    ManOfKent Posts: 392
    Is anyone else planning an attempt before you get another shot at it?
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    Is anyone else planning an attempt before you get another shot at it?

Nope. Takes a certain type of crazy to go for this record.....
  • dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,560
    Very sorry about the puncture Colin. Nice effort and good luck with Rio now...
  • Pokerface
    Another fun one to share.....

TT_zpspmuc2hq7.jpg

Riding a quick little TT against a few other riders in Japan over the weekend before actual track racing next weekend.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,157
    Sorry Colin,

But all sympathy for your puncture has disappeared.

You seem to be having a whale of a time.

I still hope to see you break the record though.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Quite unusual to puncture isn't it - what tub were you riding and at what pressure?

Good luck next time by the way
  • Pokerface
    Quite unusual to puncture isn't it - what tub were you riding and at what pressure?

Good luck next time by the way

The tub and the pressure weren't the issue it turns out. It was the age and amount of use. It gave away at the sidewall - not on tread. I was give wheels to use - but didn't realise how much use the tyres had had at the time.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,327
    Another fun one to share.....

TT_zpspmuc2hq7.jpg

Riding a quick little TT against a few other riders in Japan over the weekend before actual track racing next weekend.

You wana have a word with that bloke in the yellow. He's eyeing up your stem.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • Crozza
    Crozza Posts: 991
    that bloke in the yellow is carrying a bit of a paunch - if he shifts that he could be decent
  • shinyhelmut
    shinyhelmut Posts: 1,364
    The chap in green looks vaguely familiar. Who are the two with him?
  • shazzz
    shazzz Posts: 1,077
    Definitely one for the scrap book!
    What’s the story behind how Froome and J-Rod came to be sitting with you? Were you top 3 in the Saitama TT?
  • Pokerface
    Definitely one for the scrap book!
    What’s the story behind how Froome and J-Rod came to be sitting with you? Were you top 3 in the Saitama TT?

This was at the start. There were loads of chairs as we all lined up in start area. I sat down - they rolled up and sat beside me. I had chatted to Chris earlier in the day too.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,391
    Bridie O'Donnel puts 600m on the women's hour record down in Adelaide - 46.882km - She looks phenomenally fresh...

Edit - also be interesting to see how her consistency fits on Xavier's graphs as she appeared to look metronomic (I dunno, I caught the last 2 mins - all you really need to see)
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,560
    Apparently Dowsett is going for this in 2017. If he breaks it, will Wiggo come back and try to reclaim it again given his un-retired state?
  • dish_dash wrote:
    Apparently Dowsett is going for this in 2017. If he breaks it, will Wiggo come back and try to reclaim it again given his un-retired state?

He's not* continuing, if I hear right

*I cannot be held accountable if he changes his mind. By the look of his Instagram, he's still v much on the healthy grub shizz