Vuelta a Andalucia 2014 *SPOILERS*

Comments

• Macaloon wrote:
    Is Voldemort going to suck wheels all day?

I hope so, just sit there Valverde and suck this train them pip them to take another win and more bonus seconds. There is not much else you can do.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Crampeur
    Crampeur Posts: 1,065
    Quite a few Pro Conti riders still left. Any ideas who the MTN rider is?
  • No bonus seconds. I think you know FF that if Sky had the leaders jersey the roles Movistar/Sky have played would have been reversed exactly.
  • Crampeur wrote:
    Pardilla
  • Crampeur
    Crampeur wrote:
    Pardilla

Cheers! :)
  • Well Valverde's got the GC wrapped up.
    Correlation is not causation.
  • Bloody Eurosport, yesterday they had live coverage and today they show some BS with horses. I'm waiting for their delayed coverage noq but I've been looking at their stupid watts zap for 10 mins already! It's by far the shittiest channel I know
  • Crampeur
    Wow, Valverde! Maybe took a second out of Porte?
  • raymond82 wrote:
    It's by far the shittiest channel I know
    It's my favourite channel.
  • Arggghhhhh

This is doing my head in....dodgy internet streams and for some reason I couldnt get the picture, only the sound

*thrashes laptop*
  • sjmclean wrote:
    [As I said earlier in the thread, the Great champion Valverde knows this will be probably his only win this year and is it not his home race, or at least where he trains. He's riding it like a any home national rides their own home race.
    Hmm, maybe not wins but bagged plenty of podiums in the top races last year. Consistently one of the top contenders for the Ardennes classics and I reckon he'll be up there again this year.
  • Yeah suck on that you Valverde haters. 1km attack from Porte - total textbook. Valverde is laughing- he can just ride their coat tails and hit them with his acceleration.

Three from three and ever increasing lead.

Nice work Navarro. Nice work LLS.

GC - 1 Valverde 2 Porte +20 3 LL Sanchez +22 4 Kangert +43 & 5 Mollema +44
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Arggghhhhh

This is doing my head in....dodgy internet streams and for some reason I couldnt get the picture, only the sound

*thrashes laptop*

Didn't miss much to be fair. Valverde doing a Valverde in knee warmers.
  • Richmond Racer
    Richmond Racer Posts: 8,561
    edited February 2014
    Frenchie, you're getting over-excited. Are you wearing a HR monitor? Might be advisable

:)
  • Arggghhhhh

*thrashes laptop*

Thrilling
  • Frenchie, you're getting over-excited. Are you wearing a HR monitor? Might be advisable

It's expiration Friday so the heart beats faster all day.

Three races on - so great for the fans even if there are no live pictures. One of those races is still in progress.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Arggghhhhh

*thrashes laptop*

Thrilling

The knee warmers really are. But the best bit is his watch. I'm trying to find a photo.

Ah here we are:

_DSC4359.jpg

And it is definitely a watch and not some other gizmo as when I saw it on the footage it was saying the time in big white numbers.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    That was a rubbish ending. Probably the worst stage end I've ever watched. Predictable from 5k's to go. Porte looks weak. Amazing how much stronger Valverde is...
  • sjmclean wrote:
    That was a rubbish ending. Probably the worst stage end I've ever watched. Predictable from 5k's to go. Porte looks weak. Amazing how much stronger Valverde is...

Wasn't that exciting I must admit. Porte only got back from OZ a week ago I wonder if that has anything to do with it.
  • DL1987
    DL1987 Posts: 204
    sjmclean wrote:

Wasn't that exciting I must admit. Porte only got back from OZ a week ago I wonder if that has anything to do with it.

Still trying to recover from that 600km brithday ride probably.
  • DL1987 wrote:
    sjmclean wrote:

That was nothing, he cycled back from Australia.
  • DL1987 wrote:
    sjmclean wrote:

Yeah took some sting out his legs I was thinking the same. Give him a few months though and he will be swinging.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • A Sky train for 12 kms, followed by the usual Valverde half km (or less) effort.
    Boy, that stage was as dull as following a TT on tracker.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Porte was never going to beat Valverde with those tactics today on that parcours. Still, you can understand why SKy used those tactics rather than fire Kennaugh/Thomas off the front. Rehersals.
  • Porte was never going to beat Valverde with those tactics today on that parcours. Still, you can understand why SKy used those tactics rather than fire Kennaugh/Thomas off the front. Rehersals.

They better also work on Plan B, C and D as there is some serious real racing talent who are going to shower them with surprises this year.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    hmmm, I remember you saying that last year ff....
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • r0bh
    r0bh Posts: 2,382
    Porte was never going to beat Valverde with those tactics today on that parcours. Still, you can understand why SKy used those tactics rather than fire Kennaugh/Thomas off the front. Rehersals.

They better also work on Plan B, C and D as there is some serious real racing talent who are going to shower them with surprises this year.

But surely Valverde is peaking far too early?
  • I reckon there's more to come. Amstel only about 8 weeks away.
  • r0bh wrote:
    Porte was never going to beat Valverde with those tactics today on that parcours. Still, you can understand why SKy used those tactics rather than fire Kennaugh/Thomas off the front. Rehersals.

But surely Valverde is peaking far too early?

Kind of guy that wins all season year after year. Doesn't know how to soft pedal.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    Kind of guy that wheelsucks all season year after year. Knows how to soft pedal right up until the last 200m.

FTFY
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver