XTR 2015

12346»

Comments

• njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    Were, not are. Having been superseded twice they're not as expensive now. Weirdly the outers are still £90, but BITD they were cheaper than the middle rings.
  • BloggingFit
    BloggingFit Posts: 919
    Interesting reading views on perceived opinions on ratios on paper and writing off a groupset without riding it. I like the approach they have taken with ratio jumps across the 11 speed although I would find an 40/34 combo a bit excessive for a bailout gear as I fine with the current 36 on XT 10 speed. It does offer a bit more flexibility for the masses however using 1x11 and I would take a view that this done with an eye on trickle down in the next couple of years. Changing out to a 36 chainring would solve this plus give a little more top end for those who worry about spinning out at 34/11.

The fact you can use existing 10 speed freehub bodies is a bonus but still a costly upgrade when factoring in chain, shifter and rear mech as well. I'll wait for an XT version...
    Bird Aeris : Trek Remedy 9.9 29er : Trek Procaliber 9.8 SL
  • woodan
    woodan Posts: 3
    Does anyone know if Shimano have kept the same gear spacing and pull ratio between 10 speed Dynasys, and XTR 11 Speed Dynasys11. I am in the market to upgrade my rear derailleur to XTR on an existing 10 speed setup. If the spacing and pull ratio is the same then I will just get an 11 speed XTR derailleur; but nobody seems to know. Would be a shame to buy a 10 speed if the new one would work. Thanks.
  • njee20
    Seeing as it was only released a week ago I think you can forgive people for not knowing the particulars...

I'd be surprised, but they've not confirmed either way yet.
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    What Njee said, but I doubt it very much.
  • woodan
    Anyone know who I can ask?
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    Your LBS might know, but given how new it is not sure who would know short of a Shimano rep.
  • njee20
    Unlikely most LBSs will have a clue. There's nothing on the Madison trade website aside from the press release. The big box shifters are probably more likely to know if you can speak to the right person.

You're not going to get hold of an 11 speed one until August anyway, so why the immediacy?!
  • woodan
    Good point. Thanks for the input.
  • benpinnick
    benpinnick Posts: 4,148
    woodan wrote:
    Does anyone know if Shimano have kept the same gear spacing and pull ratio between 10 speed Dynasys, and XTR 11 Speed Dynasys11. I am in the market to upgrade my rear derailleur to XTR on an existing 10 speed setup. If the spacing and pull ratio is the same then I will just get an 11 speed XTR derailleur; but nobody seems to know. Would be a shame to buy a 10 speed if the new one would work. Thanks.

I have a copy of the xtr 2015 tech guide (big ass book about what works with what). I'll take a look.
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.
  • Dick Scruttock
    Dick Scruttock Posts: 2,533
    You can find the dealer manual here:

http://si.shimano.com/#seriesList/1
  • njee20
    That's just the tech pamphlets, and doesn't include anything on the shifters.
  • Dick Scruttock
    Dick Scruttock Posts: 2,533
    njee20 wrote:
    That's just the tech pamphlets

Some items have DM which is DEALER MANUAL. I did not have long enough to check each item.

I have no idea if it has shifters listed.
  • njee20
    It wasn't a question, for whatever reason there's nothing on the shifters.

The point I was making is there's nothing there which answers Woodan's question, yet.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,660
    BpDFjEBIQAAupd8.jpg

ShimanoMTB ‏@ShimanoMTB
    A HISTORIC DAY IN MOUNTAIN BIKING! Julien Absalon wins the World Cup race in Albstadt on XTR Di2!!! #XTRDi2

Dunno about historic but...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver