The whatever footie that's going on (with actual fans) thread

Comments

• Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Agree with you and Wenger on this, should all be shut by the first of August. Open on the last cup day (that champs or eufa?) until a season first starts. Not sure how that would work for other markets but meh.

Not sure how big a loss Stones would be. I think he should stay unless he knows he will be playing instead of Cahill week in and out learning from the cunt that is Terry
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686

I see you're modelling yourself on Pinno and giving yourself a slightly less uncool username :)

Now look here, putting 666 into your username does not make you cool, especially if you're a septuagenarian* bean-counting Tory boy.

*Or something similar
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    Agree with you and Wenger on this, should all be shut by the first of August. Open on the last cup day (that champs or eufa?) until a season first starts. Not sure how that would work for other markets but meh.

Not sure how big a loss Stones would be. I think he should stay unless he knows he will be playing instead of Cahill week in and out learning from the best, that is Terry

There you go. Don't be ashamed to admit it. :wink:
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,778

I see you're modelling yourself on Pinno and giving yourself a slightly less uncool username :)

Now look here, putting 666 into your username does not make you cool, especially if you're a septuagenarian* bean-counting Tory boy.

*Or something similar
    Never changed mine, I've always been 666. None of this changing my handle to be down wiv da kidz.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    Do you think United will try and sign Kyle Walker? he is their joint top scorer in the league after all!
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • Stevo_666
    Do you think United will try and sign Kyle Walker? he is their joint top scorer in the league after all!
    Van Gaal was very clear - he doesn't need another striker. After all he's got Rooney, Wilson and Fellaini. No need to disabuse him of that idea.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    :)

The C-Team

Work safe unless you're a Gooner :P
  • tim_wand
    tim_wand Posts: 2,552
    :)

The C-Team

Work safe unless you're a Gooner :P

Genius. What next? Dress up as John Terry and Go and Copulate with the Micheal Jackson statue at Fulham!

Think your going to need a bigger BUS :!:
  • tim_wand
    Stevo I know you struggle with the Dream team stuff, so in fairness I thought I d share with you the opening comments that the Dream Team updater have just e mailed me!

Hi Tim,
    John Terry has proven himself to be as useful as a fart in a hot tub this season, winding up with a painfully disappointing -8 points after just three games. With the pace Crystal Palace have in attack, it’s probably for the best that a man who makes Per Mertesacker look like Usain Bolt is watching this one from the cheap seats.

I do hope they sent you similar I d hate to have an unfair advantage :D
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,127
    ^ :D
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo I know you struggle with the Dream team stuff, so in fairness I thought I d share with you the opening comments that the Dream Team updater have just e mailed me!

Hi Tim,
    John Terry has proven himself to be as useful as a fart in a hot tub this season, winding up with a painfully disappointing -8 points after just three games. With the pace Crystal Palace have in attack, it’s probably for the best that a man who makes Per Mertesacker look like Usain Bolt is watching this one from the cheap seats.

I do hope they sent you similar I d hate to have an unfair advantage :D
    Can't really be arsed with it tbh, just can't summon up the interest to mess around with all the options.
  • pinno
    Not sure you have to mess around with the options. I think that if any of your players get picked for the Dream Team, you earn extra points. Correct me if I am wrong somebody.
  • Stevo_666
    I thought Tim was just taking about Fantasy Football generally. I've not entered any dream team AFAIK :?:
  • Stevo_666
    Well done Jose.

Not a bad set of stats.
  • tim_wand

Not bad I have to admit for a New Boy! Reckon its going to take a bit of a dint this season though.
  • city_boy
    city_boy Posts: 1,616
    edited August 2015
    Well done Palace :D

Can't wait to see what Melt Down Maureen plucks out of his Great Book of Excuses this week :lol:
    Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarves are not happy.
  • tim_wand
    Well done Palace :x

Can't wait to see what Melt Down Maureen plucks out of his Great Book of Excuses this week :lol:
    e

The scurge of the landmark game? I m still recovering from Wenger's 1000th, just to cheer you up a bit Stevo.
  • Stevo_666
    Well done Palace :x

e

The scurge of the landmark game? I m still recovering from Wenger's 1000th, just to cheer you up a bit Stevo.
    Not quite as bad as Wenger's 1000th but I had a bad feeling about this one :|
  • pinno
    Well that was a scrape.

Maybe time to ship some Chelski players out from my FF team - they're shyte.
  • city_boy
    :lol:

11947490_959133580798989_6321489487062225465_n.jpg?oh=0c17d05fb31ef0d6e49fc7041fdd599f&oe=56392159

CNlh5IfWwAAkeHx.jpg
  • pinno
    A1 ^.
  • city_boy
    LVG leaving Swansea's ground :lol:

Looks like he's giving Maureen a run for his money in the "face like a slapped @rse" competition :D

What a wonderful weekend of football 8)

CNrRMSgWEAASP5c.jpg
  • Stevo_666
    :lol:

11947490_959133580798989_6321489487062225465_n.jpg?oh=0c17d05fb31ef0d6e49fc7041fdd599f&oe=56392159

CNlh5IfWwAAkeHx.jpg
    I guess you couldn't find any excuses :)

Have fun while City are going through one of their good patches :wink:
  • pinno

Looks like he's giving Maureen a run for his money in the "face like a slapped @rse" competition :D

CNrRMSgWEAASP5c.jpg

Maybe LVG should sign the fat boy with the reverse triple chin as GK to block up the goalmouth.
  • tim_wand

CNrRMSgWEAASP5c.jpg

Maybe LVG should sign the fat boy with the reverse triple chin as GK to block up the goalmouth.

He Already has! It's Wayne Rooney in Pre - Season training.
  • Flâneur
    United are shipping players out but don't seem to have much in the pipeline to fix themselves. I suspect De Gea will stay which is a shame

Liverpool no comment beyond, the cracks were that 3 games had been papered over were totally visible

Chelsea- jokes

City good patch or not, they look tidy

See what happens as Europe starts
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • pinno
    Thank you for your summary sea15w40, i'll look forward to next weeks precise footie report.
  • Flâneur
    Point one is already wrong.

Don't worry Pinno, given your monday blues I'll keep them short and sweet
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • pinno
    Point one is already wrong.

Don't worry Pinno, given your monday blues I'll keep them short and sweet

Tuesday will be worse...
  • city_boy
    I can't claim credit for this cos I've nicked it from another forum but it made me smile and thought I'd share...

Transfer window described as a night on the pull.

Arsenal - danced with a pretty lady early on but then stood in the corner most of the night too scared to talk to anyone else. Spends the cab journey home telling you the place was full of mingers anyway.

Man City - unashamedly plying any potentials with the finest plonk whilst telling them all how much they make a year and how sw**ky his house is. Gets results, everyone thinks he's a sleaze, couldn't care less.

Man United - also went full turbo with his wallet and seemed to be having the best night out of all of them. Got a little carried away (probably drank too much) and ended up getting laughed off the dance floor by all the pretty girls, couldn't even buy them a drink. Totally panicked and promised to pay a girls entire student loan if she went home with him.

Chelsea - completely c*ckblocked his mate and landed a Spanish beauty in the process. Not content, went about demanding this girl dance with him and kept getting knocked back. Got a bit grabby and her dad had to step in. Last seen stumbling out the club with two random girls and sick on his shirt.

Spurs - had a bit of success but wasn't really feeling it to be honest. Seems to have just about gotten over his last relationship and not really ready to give his heart away just yet. Managed to snag a cute Asian girl's number, feeling optimistic.

Liverpool - still hasn't gotten over his ex - in fairness she was a stunner - and still very much on the rebound. Will take a swipe at anything in high heels, seemingly at random. Everyone's a bit worried about him and scared he'll cry if they bring it up.

Everton - not great in a club setting, more of a 'house parties' man. Makes a bit of effort but might as well have stayed at home. Think he's got a girlfriend anyway.

West Ham - simply could not miss. Even the cheesiest chat up lines were hitting the mark, no one quite sure how he managed it. Great timing too as he's moving house soon and needs a bit of arm candy to keep his parents from asking awkward questions.

Aston Villa - turns up wearing Yves Saint Lauren eau de toilette, a Pierre Cardin shirt, Louboutin loafers and clasping a French phrase book he ordered from the back of Zoo. Looks like a bit of an idiot but everyone begrudgingly admits he chereched les femmes good and proper.

Swansea - tight git sat there drinking soda and lime all night and somehow copped off with an 8/10 with minimal fuss.

Stoke - tired of having the p*ss taken for always going for burly girls so makes a point of focusing solely on petite Europeans. Punched well above his weight but the rest of the lads noticed they clearly had issues, might live to regret this.

Norwich - hasn't realised his mates worked out he isn't in to girls years ago, chatted to a couple to save face, no one buying.