Comments

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,120
    Come on Villa!
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Manc33
    Manc33 Posts: 2,157
    Come on Villa!

Hey hey hey, you should start an FA Cup thread... just kidding.

Sky Sports still doesn't know if Villa are playing Liverpool or Blackburn and since those two teams are not even playing each other before then, I can only assume Villa will play Liverpool the first half and Blackburn the second half.

AIT66bW.png

Come on Reading pleeeeeeeeeeeeease!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,777
    Encouraging team news...from football365.com

"Louis van Gaal admits he faces a 'puzzle' after Phil Jones, Michael Carrick, Marcos Rojo and Danny Blind were all ruled out of Saturday evening's big clash with Chelsea. That could mean Wayne Rooney in midfield in front of a back four of Antonio Valencia, Chris Smalling, Paddy McNair and Luke Shaw. Ouch. Radamel Falcao or Robin van Persie would come into the side up front."
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    My money is on a draw I think, Chelsea don't need to win and I think United would take that now.
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • Stevo_666
    Chris Bass wrote:
    My money is on a draw I think, Chelsea don't need to win and I think United would take that now.
    True, if we can avoid losing to Man U and Arsenal then we're almost home and hosed. If they do try to go for it we're quite good at countering on the break.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    Right, that's Manure put in their place. Next losers please! :twisted:
  • Stevo_666
    Meanwhile, MU are gearing up to give Chelski a home drubbing...
    Got any more cracking predictions for the next match Pinno? :wink:

And we're still.....
  • city_boy
    city_boy Posts: 1,616
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Good job the ref didn't fall for Herrera's cheating antics :evil:
    Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarves are not happy.
  • Stevo_666
    City Boy wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Will have to look out for that on MOTD.

Now if we can do our usual job on Arsene next week, you lot are back in the mix for an automatic CL place - I'm hoping you'll be saying thanks next Sunday :)
  • city_boy
    city_boy Posts: 1,616
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    City Boy wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Will have to look out for that on MOTD.

Now if we can do our usual job on Arsene next week, you lot are back in the mix for an automatic CL place - I'm hoping you'll be saying thanks next Sunday :)

Yep, will be quite happy to show my gratitude :)

Herrera dive on 94 mins...ref booked him the cheating tw@t!
    Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarves are not happy.
  • Stevo_666
    City Boy wrote:
    Good - cheating turd.

Hopefully Costa and Remy will be back in time for next Sunday :)
  • tim_wand
    tim_wand Posts: 2,552
    Costa and Remy will be on for Sunday. I always have a nice Cognac in my Coffee for the morning ride until the Spring chill has gone.

I would Imagine with todays result in the bag your lot will go all National Express at the Emirates.
  • Stevo_666
    tim wand wrote:
    Costa and Remy will be on for Sunday. I always have a nice Cognac in my Coffee for the morning ride until the Spring chill has gone.

I would Imagine with todays result in the bag your lot will go all National Express at the Emirates.
    Maybe. It will be very tempting for Arsene to go gung-ho as knows he needs to win if he wants any chance of topping the league. And we know what can happen when he tries that with José...
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    City Boy wrote:
    Good - cheating turd.
    And De Gea should have been sent off for handball ! Cheating turd number 2.
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:

He say's with an enormous sense of relief.
  • tim_wand
    tim_wand Posts: 2,552
    To be fair, I got 4-1 Hazard to score , any result ( absolute no brainer ) and £40 sheets up, wish I d have gone richer. :lol:

10 Points cant see you feckin it up from here. Didn't like Fabregas saying the Clubs been waiting 5 years to win the title and he's been waiting 27 years ( little fecker should have tried harder at Barca then )
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo 666 wrote:

I was quietly confident that Jose would get his tactics right. And he did.

Now please can you predict an Arsenal win next Sunday? :wink:
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

I was quietly confident that Jose would get his tactics right. And he did.

Now please can you predict an Arsenal win next Sunday? :wink:

Theoretically, we could put you under the cosh for 90 minutes. I hope Gibb's doesn't play, he was very rusty and pants today.
    Win or loose, it won't make a difference.

LVG was a grumpy git in the after match. Think he is getting fed up of the British press or did Fuggle's presence irk him?
  • Stevo_666
    Well let's see if Arsene can break the habit of a career and beat a Jose Chelsea team. You struggled to put Reading under the cosh today...

As for LVG - what a load of stroppy tosh. Best Man U performance of the season? You lost, you tw@t - outwitted by Jose.
  • turbotommy
    turbotommy Posts: 493
    Stevo 666 wrote:

As for LVG - what a load of stroppy tosh. Best Man U performance of the season? You lost, you tw@t - outwitted by Jose.

Dunno about that. I only watched the highlights but it was pretty close wasn't it? Man Utd seemed to pass the ball pretty well and created their fair share of chances.
    Cannondale caad7 ultegra
    S-works Tarmac sl5 etap
    Colnago c64 etap wifli
    Brother Swift
  • Stevo_666
    TurboTommy wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Dunno about that. I only watched the highlights but it was pretty close wasn't it? Man Utd seemed to pass the ball pretty well and created their fair share of chances.
    Someone needs to remind van Gaal that playing a great game of football generally involves scoring more goals than the other team :roll:

You can have all possession and pretty passing in the world, if you don't get the points it means nothing. Jose seems to be the only manager who really gets this and it's reflected in the current league positions :)
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    TurboTommy wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Did they though? Yes they had a lot of possession but I can't recall Courtois making a really meaningful save. Another Jose masterclass in 'game management', not always pretty or sexy but I won't care about that when the roof is taken off of the bus and they pop the two trophies in it. :wink:
  • alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    TurboTommy wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Did they though? Yes they had a lot of possession but I can't recall Courtois making a really meaningful save. Another Jose masterclass in 'game management', not always pretty or sexy but I won't care about that when the roof is taken off of the bus and they pop the two trophies in it. :wink:

Had a couple of good chances, the Rooney one early on and Falcao effort that got blocked by Cahill, a Rooney header from a corner was a half chance, then there were various non-chances that were mostly shots from range.

Same as Chelsea only having a few good chances really, the Hazard goal and the one he somehow missed in the second half.

It could have gone either way but once Chelsea had scored it was always going to be very hard for United to get back into it, you've got to respect Chelsea's ability to grind out results... but maybe this is why they get some much abuse? As a neutral or a fan of the opposing team its boring and awful to watch.

and lets be honest, if Carrick and Blind weren't injured we'd be talking about United's title challenge instead of how great Chelsea are at grinding out results!
  • Stevo_666
    and lets be honest, if Carrick and Blind weren't injured we'd be talking about United's title challenge instead of how great Chelsea are at grinding out results!
    Really? If Remy and Costa weren't injured it could easily have been 2 or 3 nil yesterday. Lucky Manure.

Even if Man U had won yesterday we'd still be 5 points ahead with a game in hand. As it is they're 11 points behind with 5 games to play. Man U are even behind Arsenal, who also have a game in hand on them. That's pretty bad :wink:
  • turbotommy
    turbotommy Posts: 493
    TurboTommy wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Had a couple of good chances, the Rooney one early on and Falcao effort that got blocked by Cahill, a Rooney header from a corner was a half chance, then there were various non-chances that were mostly shots from range.

Same as Chelsea only having a few good chances really, the Hazard goal and the one he somehow missed in the second half.

It could have gone either way but once Chelsea had scored it was always going to be very hard for United to get back into it, you've got to respect Chelsea's ability to grind out results... but maybe this is why they get some much abuse? As a neutral or a fan of the opposing team its boring and awful to watch.

Think this is pretty much my opinion too. I'm not sure if Man U were ever really going to challenge for the title but they look at lot better now than they did before Christmas. I agree about carrick in particular, class act and he makes the difference. Trouble is he's 34... Not really one to build a team around.

Stevo I agree that points win prizes but it's not all about the trophy cabinet is it? I watch football for entertainment. If it's not entertaining me, I do something else with my time.
    Cannondale caad7 ultegra
    S-works Tarmac sl5 etap
    Colnago c64 etap wifli
    Brother Swift
  • Stevo_666
    TurboTommy wrote:
    Stevo I agree that points win prizes but it's not all about the trophy cabinet is it? I watch football for entertainment. If it's not entertaining me, I do something else with my time.
    I can see why a neutral observer doesn't like seeing another team win like Chelsea sometimes does. It's also a very natural thing for supporters of teams who aren't winning to say things like 'Oh, the entertainment is more important'. But there's nothing worse than paying a shed load of money to see your team lose.

All I can say is that I've never failed to enjoy a day out at Stamford Bridge. And it's properly good fun baiting the opposing fans with a few choice songs when you're winning :D

Also, success breeds success. You win trophies, you get full grounds and big sponsorship deals; you get top class players wanting to play for you.
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    TurboTommy wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

By grinding out results do you mean being able to defend? An essential part of the game still. As I said Courtois had little to do, he had a busier day last week at QPR who will probably go down. Jose let United have as much ball as they wanted in the parts of the pitch where we knew they couldn't hurt us. I honestly couldn't give a flying what the neutrals think as long as we are winning. I had plenty of years where nobody really cared or were bothered about Chelsea. So bring on the abuse, it must mean we're doing well! As for the United title challenge. When? I must have missed that. City and Chelsea been the only contenders all season. One game with
    Blind and Carrick would not have changed that.
  • Stevo_666
    And on a related note, my small, unfashionable club to support for today is....City :mrgreen:

Please go and help put a spoke in the wheels of these Manure and Arsenal supporters who are getting deluded ideas about automatic CL entry :wink:
  • alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Really? If Remy and Costa weren't injured it could easily have been 2 or 3 nil yesterday. Lucky Manure.

Even if Man U had won yesterday we'd still be 5 points ahead with a game in hand. As it is they're 11 points behind with 5 games to play. Man U are even behind Arsenal, who also have a game in hand on them. That's pretty bad :wink:

anything is better than last season! :mrgreen:
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo 666 wrote:

anything is better than last season! :mrgreen:
    True, at least the charity shops aren't full of Man U shirts this season :P

I hope you'll be cheering Chelski on next Sunday - actually the whole of Manchester should be behind us. If the result doesn't go as planned then we might be supporting you for at least one game later this season :D