The whatever footie that's going on (with actual fans) thread

Comments

• Manc33
    Manc33 Posts: 2,157
    I am looking forward to Sunday for some reason. If there was a right time to play City it is probably now.

What I am worried about though is we haven't lost in the league since Feb 21st. :oops:

LVG really is pulling a blinder. He has done miles better than I thought he would, first season ever managing in the hardest league in the world, this is the guy we should have got straight off. :roll:
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,120
    Moyes wouldn't have done better with a £150m purse and some patience?!
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Manc33
    Moyes wouldn't have done better with a £150m purse and some patience?!

I doubt it.

Look at the difference in Fellaini between Moyes and LVG and consider that Fellaini worked with Moyes for five years and LVG only just met the guy.

Moyes is a good manager, but he just doesn't have that "elite touch". Fergie, Brian Clough, Jose, they are all special ones and LVG can probably start to be classed as one if he wins the CL with Man United. Gotta qualify for it yet though.

With Man United doing so well for so long I never thought a run-in concerning getting 4th spot would or could be exciting, but it is quite. :)

I think Arsenal are humiliating the likes of Man City (and Man United to a degree) being in that #2 spot. I mean Arsenal are #2 in the league and have barely spent anything in comparison, that's a proper football team. If they win the league (not much chance now though) they deserve it.

I reckon it will pan out like this (but my predictions ARE crap a lot of the time):

Man United V Man City (H)
    Chelsea Vs Man United (H)
    Everton V Man United (D)
    Man United V West Brom (H)
    Crystal Palace V Man United (A)
    Man United V Arsenal (H)
    Hull City V Man United (A)

After that lot we would end up on 78 points. I can't be ars3d working out the other clubs. It should be enough to keep us in the top 4. Get one loss (Chelsea), one draw (Everton away) and win all of the other five, yes Man City, yes Arsenal. United have a knack of doing it when it matters most. :twisted:

There's still only a 10 point gap now between 2nd and 7th places. Its a case of who can keep it up now.
  • tim_wand
    tim_wand Posts: 2,552
    Jesus, That was tight, If Burnley had someone to Finish we d have lost that ! Don't know how they are in such a lowly position, looked a good Team in the True sense of the Word Team!

Taking Stevos Supporting the Smaller Teams tradition to heart then its got to be QPR this weekend ( and no not just because it would only leave us 4 points back with a game against them, Its more to do with my Dad looking like Gerry Francis when he had a mullet :D )

I think City are going to wreck Utd, 4-0 city for me!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,777
    tim wand wrote:
    Jesus, That was tight, If Burnley had someone to Finish we d have lost that ! Don't know how they are in such a lowly position, looked a good Team in the True sense of the Word Team!

Taking Stevos Supporting the Smaller Teams tradition to heart then its got to be QPR this weekend ( and no not just because it would only leave us 4 points back with a game against them, Its more to do with my Dad looking like Gerry Francis when he had a mullet :D )

I think City are going to wreck Utd, 4-0 city for me!
    If you keep on playing like that we'll be alright :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,120
    Chelski have had plenty of wins playing mediocre footy. Arsenal don't usually win playing like that but 8 in a row!! If the gunners can sign 1 or 2 players on the back of not having to play a qualifying round for the CL like Tim W said and carry this momentum into next season...

United - City draw today, 1-1. Chelski scrape a 2-1 win, anything else will be a bonus.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • turbotommy
    turbotommy Posts: 493
    Arsenal in recent years seem to be able to go on good runs of form but struggle to maintain it over a season. Bad luck with injuries and a lack of strength in depth the two obvious problems. As you say, a couple of real quality signings could be all it takes.

Spurs on the other hand... :(

Looking forward to the footie today though!
    Cannondale caad7 ultegra
    S-works Tarmac sl5 etap
    Colnago c64 etap wifli
    Brother Swift
  • tim_wand
    Bamfords continued loan to a championship side ( Your other lot this time Stevo) and the return of a 36 year old striker ( admittedly a legend in his day) looks like its going to bit Jose on the Arse!

Fingers crossed for the next 45. QPR seven goals in 2 games , surely they are gonna nick one :wink:
  • tim_wand
    Who? just scored for Chelski, that ashamed he has to wear a mask :x
  • Stevo_666
    tim wand wrote:
    Bamfords continued loan to a championship side ( Your other lot this time Stevo) and the return of a 36 year old striker ( admittedly a legend in his day) looks like its going to bit Jose on the ars*!

Fingers crossed for the next 45. QPR seven goals in 2 games , surely they are gonna nick one :wink:
    You've gone a bit quiet Timmeh :wink: Bring on the wannabes :twisted:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Manc33
    I never realized Sunderland has a higher average attendance than Chelsea.
  • tim_wand
    https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=44 ... 50&fref=nf

Not much I can say Stevo , about beating one of the bottom teams away from home 1-0 with a less than convincing performance. Just hope we don't turn in to a bunch of Bus Parkers too!!!!!!!
  • Stevo_666
    edited April 2015
    tim wand wrote:
    https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=445644688927450&fref=nf

Not much I can say Stevo , about beating one of the bottom teams away from home 1-0 with a less than convincing performance.
    Are you talking about Chelsea or Arsenal? :wink: I'm not sure your 1-0 'battering' of Burnley yesterday was that great a match :D

PS: link doesn't work.
  • Manc33
    LMAO
  • city_boy
    city_boy Posts: 1,616
    Congratulations to Manuel Pelligrini. He has managed to do what Moyse and LVG have failed to do and make a sh1t United side look like world beaters :evil:

To see how far backwards he has taken this City team is startling!

Not a good day :oops:
    Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarves are not happy.
  • Manc33
    edited April 2015
    "It doesn't matter who City have playing for them, or managing them, or what they spend - they will always be crap because they are City" - Man United supporter around the time the Arabs took over.

I thought he was being a bit harsh saying that, but he made a good call, very observant.
  • tim_wand
    Pointing out that our performance yesterday was as bad as yours today, Being a gooner I don't subscribe to this win Ugly bollocks which is obviously a bit more palatable to your lot!

Manure 4-1 up and now LVG brings on the most highly paid player in English Football and the most expensive British transfer. Got a lot of faith in those two boys then.

http://footyaccumulators.com/hilarious- ... s-mangers/
  • Stevo_666
    tim wand wrote:
    Pointing out that our performance yesterday was as bad as yours today, Being a gooner I don't subscribe to this win Ugly **** which is obviously a bit more palatable to your lot!
    Bottom line is it's what separates champions from also-rans. Ferguson was the best at winning ugly in his time and now it's José. The trophies are very pretty, mind :)
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    Manc33 wrote:

There's a lot you don't know about football.
  • city_boy
    Manc33 wrote:

There's a lot you don't know about lots of things.

FTFY :D
  • cornerblock
    tim wand wrote:
    Pointing out that our performance yesterday was as bad as yours today, Being a gooner I don't subscribe to this win Ugly ****

You must have hated the George 'offside trap' Graham era then. :roll: '1-0 to the Arsenal' Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
  • cornerblock
    City Boy wrote:
    Manc33 wrote:

There's a lot you don't know about lots of things.

FTFY :D

I did consider that reply. :lol:
  • turbotommy
    turbotommy Posts: 493
    tim wand wrote:
    Being a gooner I don't subscribe to this win Ugly **** which is obviously a bit more palatable to your lot!

*neatly airbrushes first 120 years of his clubs history*

:wink::)
    Cannondale caad7 ultegra
    S-works Tarmac sl5 etap
    Colnago c64 etap wifli
    Brother Swift
  • Stevo_666
    TurboTommy wrote:
    tim wand wrote:
    Being a gooner I don't subscribe to this win Ugly **** which is obviously a bit more palatable to your lot!

They need to get to the 'win' bit first, then we can decide if it's ugly or not :wink:
  • tim_wand
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    TurboTommy wrote:
    tim wand wrote:

They need to get to the 'win' bit first, then we can decide if it's ugly or not :wink:

First team this season to go 8 wins in a row , whilst you were happy shutting up shop!
    I ve only been alive 45 years so forgive me if I cant remember the kick and push of the 1894 season!

Wasn't Herbert Chapman the first manger to play with 3 at the back and 4 up top.

As for that Spurs Shite reject Graham, I was too busy sitting in Fox Holes listening to Russians ( and Manc 33) to get to Highbury in those days.

And the great Rioch brought us Dennis.

Don't Worry city boy I ll pick up the Mantle now Stevo stops perceiving your lot as a threat, wont be the first merchant banker I ve dealt with :D
  • city_boy
    tim wand wrote:

Don't Worry city boy I ll pick up the Mantle now Stevo stops perceiving your lot as a threat, wont be the first merchant banker I ve dealt with :D

Cheers Tim. Unfortunately that useless tool of a manager has managed to render me somewhat impotent in the handbag swinging department and allowed Stevo to secure the high ground on Smug Mountain!

Best of luck. I'll go back to looking over our shoulders at the scousers and spuds in our battle for a top four spot :(
  • Stevo_666
    tim wand wrote:
    First team this season to go 8 wins in a row , whilst you were happy shutting up shop!

8 wins in a row and yet this is still the case. Sometimes your best just isn't good enough :wink:
  • tim_wand
    Nice to see the Chelski none plastics crew making the mighty 7 mile trek South to cheer on the Mighty Blues.

Don't they let you sing in the corporate boxes at the bridge? Come and sing it at the Emirates it will still be true either way just about!!!!!!!!!
  • Manc33
    If you can hear a crowd that small.

Can't wait for us to play Chelsea. :mrgreen:
  • Manc33
    edited April 2015
    Manc33 wrote:

There's a lot you don't know about football.

I knew we would beat Man City today.

viewtopic.php?f=30005&t=12947565&start=1980#p19541561
    (Unedited post from April 10th)

"I am looking forward to Sunday for some reason. If there was a right time to play City it is probably now."