The whatever footie that's going on (with actual fans) thread

Comments

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,118
    Arsenal on a fine run of form. Maybe even got to Stamford bridge and get a draw. Not been stuffed by the major teams this season and I hope it can continue into next. Sanchez is brilliant and our defence is looking stronger and stronger.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,776
    Maybe even got to Stamford bridge and get a draw.
    It's good to see Arsenal with big ambitions again.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,097
    Arsenal on a fine run of form. Maybe even got to Stamford bridge and get a draw. Not been stuffed by the major teams this season and I hope it can continue into next. Sanchez is brilliant and our defence is looking stronger and stronger.

Would love to disagree, but can't
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Maybe even got to Stamford bridge and get a draw.
    It's good to see Arsenal with big ambitions again.

We went to old truffold and got a win. Chelsea were'nt convincing against a poor Stoke. The nerves just might start to kick in for you lot... You never know.
  • Stevo_666
    We're not usually nervous against Arsenal.

chelsea-arsenal-2-1402773367.jpg
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Manc33
    Manc33 Posts: 2,157
    What's everyone's favourite league game?

That 4-3 between Chelsea and Blackburn in the mid/late 90s when they had Dennis Wise, Le Saux, Gudjohnsen. I think Flo got a hat trick. Blackburn had their S&S partnership. That game had everything. I think each team had a guy sent off, penalties etc.

My favourite Man United game in the league, probably the 3-5 with Spurs when we came back from 3-0 down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MslBpe0CcSY
  • alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    Manc33 wrote:
    What's everyone's favourite league game?

That 4-3 between Chelsea and Blackburn in the mid/late 90s when they had Dennis Wise, Le Saux, Gudjohnsen. I think Flo got a hat trick. Blackburn had their S&S partnership. That game had everything. I think each team had a guy sent off, penalties etc.

My favourite Man United game in the league, probably the 3-5 with Spurs when we came back from 3-0 down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MslBpe0CcSY

Reminds me of the 2009 home game vs. Tottenham - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78lmqcNIKMs

That was a monstrously good United side. Scary amount of attacking talent :shock:
  • tim_wand
    tim_wand Posts: 2,552
    I don't think it will make a difference to were the league title goes, just the size of the Gap! But I fancy Arsenal to take Chelski at the Bridge on the 26th, Your form at the moment is shite.

Costa if back as only got 10 minutes in him, and Remy is no substitute despite his Tap in Yesterday.

Hazard is your only player looking currently like hes playing in a title winning team, and thus far this season we seem to have avenged our feck ups of last season !

Terry will no doubt get himself sent off, and hopefully you will play Cahill .

Still Drogba could get his customary Brace against us . But then we will just score 3.
  • Stevo_666
    tim wand wrote:
    I don't think it will make a difference to were the league title goes, just the size of the Gap! But I fancy Arsenal to take Chelski at the Bridge on the 26th, Your form at the moment is shite.

Costa if back as only got 10 minutes in him, and Remy is no substitute despite his Tap in Yesterday.

Hazard is your only player looking currently like hes playing in a title winning team, and thus far this season we seem to have avenged our feck ups of last season !

Terry will no doubt get himself sent off, and hopefully you will play Cahill .

Still Drogba could get his customary Brace against us . But then we will just score 3.
    It's all relative - our form is shyte but were still top by a decent margin: just think what the gap would be like if we were playing well...

BTW the game on the 26th is at The Alsoranirates, not The Bridge. Anyway, bring it on, maybe it will be another game to remember, like that one last year where we had no decent striker :wink:

BjVss-LCYAAPgEA.jpg
  • tim_wand
    My Bad! Your right, Emirates it is. Well Bring back Tony (Adams) to score against you from 66 Yards :D
  • Manc33
    Remember when Arsenal got beat 8-2 and it wasn't Chelsea?
  • bluedog99
    bluedog99 Posts: 183
    1-6.
    Rourke 853 Team Pro Custom.
  • Stevo_666
    bluedog99 wrote:
    1-6.
    You mean this?

score_epaa_2034921i.jpg
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    matthew h wrote:

Would love to disagree, but can't

Allow me then. First of all it is at the Emirates, not that that matters as I believe it is 12 games now that the old shover been has been unable to get one over on Jose. So he'll need to break the habit of a lifetime. Secondly, while I wouldn't call 2-0 a stuffing, that'd be a 6-0! :lol: It's still a defeat, no points, beaten, goalless, against a top team, the top team in fact. So yes I too hope that continues into next season.

As for Terry,getting sent off at the Emirates, possible I suppose Tim. That would mean a red or two more yellows to go with the one yellow he's received in the league all season. One yellow! Not bad for an ageing centre half playing against all these whippersnappers. What a player he is.
  • Stevo_666
    [while I wouldn't call 2-0 a stuffing, that'd be a 6-0! :lol:
    I just wanted to make sure we'd got our facts right about last years scoreline, so I went and checked.

article-2586721-1C7D9DEF00000578-229_964x386.jpg

We were right :mrgreen:
  • tim_wand
    Enjoy history. Look Forward to the future. Only time will tell.

Speaking of History, You don't seem to feel the need to bait City boy anymore now Stevo!!!!
  • pinno
    Liverpool are going to need all the luck in the world against Blackburn.
  • Stevo_666
    tim wand wrote:
    Enjoy history. Look Forward to the future. Only time will tell.

Speaking of History, You don't seem to feel the need to bait City boy anymore now Stevo!!!!
    See you later this month...

Re: City Boy, I thought I should at least wait 'till the Palace game is over before I get started :lol:
  • Manc33
    "Man City have been beaten away by West Ham and Burnley this season, there's no reason "CRY" can't do the same thing. If Palace are up for it I think they will beat City." - me yesterday.

Ron-Paul_Its-Happening1.gif

"City don't look like getting back into this game" - Robbie Earle just now.
  • Manc33
    "They're going to have to go to Old Trafford behind Manchester United in the table"

SrcI0LR.png

Now the question is, are Man City even going to qualify for Europe? :lol:
  • pinno
    Ooooh that makes the Arsenal - Chelski bash an interesting affair of Chelsea sip up against QPR and or Manyoo.
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 4,023
    For Man City it's just a question now of who replaces Pellegrini and how big their clear out of players will be.
  • pinno
    Is it a dead cert that Pullagreeny will go?
  • Stevo_666
    18596_821845904518973_5249369839912774588_n.jpg?oh=02bb957c67f5a520762126a902ef265c&oe=55A32991&__gda__=1437068651_32512d5a34c2f344001d29754585724d
  • Stevo_666
    Ooooh that makes the Arsenal - Chelski bash an interesting affair of Chelsea sip up against QPR and or Manyoo.
    Likewise, the Manure - Ar$e fixture at Old Trafford next month will be good :)
  • pinno
    We did go to Old Truffle in the FA cup and win.

At least we haven't got a shed load of expensive flops on the bench.
  • tim_wand
    We ve all got to enjoy this whilst it lasts! Just like the hot seating at Chelski until the " Special one " returned. Man Citee wont tolerate this . The finances they have available , and the way they can sidestep FFP just mean they will come back stronger.

Simeone or Pep will be in charge before the end of the Summer ( probably Pep) if they still want to play expansive football, and the Gap will just widen.

Still , Maybe they might take Pardew on.
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 4,023
    Is it a dead cert that Pullagreeny will go?

You honestly think he'll survive? Also I suspect players like Clichy and Nasri are the sort who'll be moved on, something you and Mr. Wand as Arsenal fans will give a wry smile too given the expense forked out to recruit them.
  • tim_wand
    How much can they spend. Financial Fair Play and the home grown rule has got to kick in soon?

I used to think FFP was that a club could not substantially spend more than it actually generated as a business. I.E run at a massive deficit .

Last time Citee got round this , by having a massive operating debt, but the Sheiks brother sponsored the club ( Emirates Airlines) by a sum in excess of these losses , therefore the books balanced.

Nowadays I think the rules have changed. Arent Barca facing a transfer Embargo next year? for none compliance to FFP.

Who can city realistically buy? especially if they don't finish in the top four.

Could we flog them some more Players? Wiltshire has been mooted and my jury is out on Ozil, do you think they d fall for it twice?
  • Manc33
    If Spurs beat Villa (Saturday) and United beat City (Sunday) and Liverpool beat Newcastle (Monday) it will start to get funny, because then Tottenham AND Liverpool will only be 4 points behind City for that 4th spot. City could even have Southampton at it (but they are 1 point behind both Liverpool and Tottenham).

Should we rule Southampton out?

It appears as if it is going to end up Chelsea, Arsenal, Man United, Liverpool but if not Liverpool, Tottenham.

As a United fan I have to keep an eye on a lot of chit here lol. Ideally I don't want Man City or Liverpool in the top 4, I would rather have Man City there than Liverpool. I call Liverpool FC scum... you'll never hear me say that about Man City.