The whatever footie that's going on (with actual fans) thread

Comments

• Manc33
    Manc33 Posts: 2,157
    The population of Israel is about triple that of Wales but...

tNOGZyg.png

:lol:

I guess people in Israel must have other things on their mind.
  • I don't believe Wales or Israel are in the Premier League. Please restrict your thinly veiled anti-Jewish claptrap to the Conspiracy Theory Thread.
  • Manc33
    I don't believe Wales or Israel are in the Premier League.

There isn't an international football thread to post in and making a new thread just to poke fun at a scoreline wasn't really necessary, so I didn't.
    Please restrict your thinly veiled anti-Jewish claptrap to the Conspiracy Theory Thread.

Please refrain from telling people what they can and can't say and where they can and can't say it.

Nothing was anti-Jewish that I said and why would talking about Jewish people be restricted to a Conspiracy Theory Thread? Stop trying to get me a warning for nothing, asshat. :wink:

Any mods can read anything I have said anytime to see my viewpoint and that I am not anti-Jewish. The only Jews I don't like are ones that might be major criminals, which in reality is a few "elites". How can I be anti-Jewish if I think Jews in Israel are being used and abused by their own Government? Shouldn't I be chuckling with joy about it?

Stop pinning fictitious stuff on me and go check out the facts.
  • Asshat? How very dare you...
    Manc33 wrote:
    There isn't an international football thread to post in and making a new thread just to poke fun at a scoreline wasn't really necessary, so I didn't.
    Yes, you should have started a new thread - that's how it works.
    But your interest isn't in anomalous international football results when compared to population is it? Otherwise a better post concerning a match from the same night would have been:
    Manc33 wrote:
    The population of Kazakhstan is about fifty times that of Iceland but...

Kazakhstan 0
    Iceland 3

:lol:

I guess people in Kazakhstan must have other things on their mind.

The reason I suggest keeping this sort of post in the Conspiracy Theory Thread is the last sentence. You claim that the "people in Israel must have other things on their mind." What things? How did these "things" result in a team from a slightly larger country with little footballing heritage astonishingly losing to a smaller country with a side containing the most expensive player in the world? Or are you merely using innuendo to suggest that Israel is "up to something" which you can't state explicitly or "they" will be coming for you.

I suggest that far from having an interest in international football results vs population size, you are merely seizing an opportunity to promote your dubious anti-Israel agenda and using an inappropriate forum for doing so.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,776
    Well said Hamish.

There is now a Euro 2016 thread, partly to stop more crap being posted in here.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Manc33
    Or it could just be you're automatically taking it that way when the things they might have on their mind other than football could mean absolutely anything, in a way you kinda took the bait.

They could have other things on their mind because they are cowering living in a place where a rocket could hit their street anytime, that's hardly ever going to be a safe place to have football facilities and so on.

I have always compared the populations to the footballing skills, going back as far as I can remember. That's why I always say its a good job the United States doesn't take football all that seriously because they would absolutely thrash most other international teams at it if they ever did. Every World Cup they seem to do a little bit better. Again, they too have other things on their mind, like American Rugby, Baseball and Basketball.

Why would I mention Kazakhstan Vs Iceland when I have no interest in either of those places? Wales is only about 40 miles from where I live and it was a great win.
  • RDW
    RDW Posts: 1,900
    Manc33 wrote:
    in a way you kinda took the bait.
    You're certainly a master baiter.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    There is now a Euro 2016 thread, partly to stop more crap being posted in here.
    Manc, maybe you didn't read my post above first time around?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Manc33
    Slightly off topic stuff in threads gets treated like Kyrptonite all over the internet. This has always perplexed me and unfortunately it is a pestilence on the internet. You might as well say "Please, don't use your brain as much, thanks".

If I started a new thread every time, it would be one thread for every sentence almost. It can't be worth it for half the stuff I say - who here wouldn't agree with that.

I was talking about football in a football thread for crying out loud!

But its "not the league" so its off topic? Gimme a break, no one breaks stuff down into that amount of detail and there's no need to, except to complain about something.

Its like League of Gentlemen where you can't put a red towel on a green hook, the world would end. Can't break the rules etc etc, its b0llocks for the most part. People just go along never even asking why they are doing it lol.

Or should I start a new thread? :P Not much point since I have already said it all.
  • RDW
    Things that are on topic in the Premier League forum:

- The Premier League

Things that are off-topic in the Premier League forum:

- Arguments that Rugby Union is a far superior game
    - Subtle-as-a-brick allusions to previously posted conspiracy theories
    - Anything else

Token on-topic link:

http://metro.co.uk/2015/03/30/can-arsen ... n-5127850/
    'Can Arsenal really catch Chelsea and win the Premier League this season?'

No.
  • Stevo_666
    RDW wrote:

Token on-topic link:

http://metro.co.uk/2015/03/30/can-arsen ... n-5127850/
    'Can Arsenal really catch Chelsea and win the Premier League this season?'

No.
    Must have been a slow day for news over in the Metro offices. I wonder if they chose Arsenal randomly as they're not the only ones who won't catch Chelsea :)
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    Manc33 wrote:

Or should I start a new thread?

A new forum would be better.
  • city_boy
    city_boy Posts: 1,616
    Manc33 wrote:

If I started a new thread every time, it would be one thread for every sentence almost.

Unless you called it the "Utter Bollox Thread" and that should cover 99.9% of your sentences :wink:
    Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarves are not happy.
  • RDW
    City Boy wrote:
    Manc33 wrote:

If I started a new thread every time, it would be one thread for every sentence almost.

Unless you called it the "Utter Bollox Thread" and that should cover 99.9% of your sentences :wink:
    There's already a home for special people like Manc over in the Conspiracy thread, but we haven't yet found a method of preventing escape.

More exciting slow news day Premiership news:

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foot ... 43902.html

'Despite his poor form on the pitch, British record signing Angel Di Maria continues to be a success off the pitch.

The Manchester United winger, who has found himself out of Louis van Gaal's starting side after a dreadful run of form, has his name on the back of more shirts than any other Premier League player this season.

According to sales figures from SportsDirect.com, Di Maria is way ahead of fellow Premier League newcomers Alexis Sanchez and Diego Costa, with almost 10 per cent of shirts sold by the retail giant bearing 'Di Maria 7' on the back (9.59 per cent).

Arsenal's star man Sanchez is second, with 3.8 per cent of people buying 'Alexis 17', ahead of the Chelsea striker, who is the third biggest seller with 2.27 per cent of people buying 'Diego Costa 19'.
    '
  • Manc33
    Villa will be the routine easy win for us it usually was under Sir Alex.

I say 4-1 to Man United.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,930
    I hope Arsenal beat Liverpool this week.
    Whinging Scousers give a natural order to things.
  • Stevo_666
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Actually I hope Liverpool beat Arsenal, otherwise the race for the 2nd, 3rd and 4th Champions League spots might start to look a bit settled.
  • tim_wand
    tim_wand Posts: 2,552
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Actually I hope Liverpool beat Arsenal, otherwise the race for the 2nd, 3rd and 4th Champions League spots might start to look a bit settled.

And I hope Stoke kick lumps out of your Bus :wink:
  • city_boy
    city_boy Posts: 1,616
    Ballysmate wrote:

Must admit I'm a bit torn on this one.
    On one hand a Scouse win keeps them in touch and hopefully can push Unshited out of the top 4 but an @rse win, as Stevo puts it (with more than a hint of smugness), consolidates the existing top four, which given City's erraticism (made up word) would probably be the better result for us. But then that would help the @rse's cause in challenging for second, which wouldn't be good for us. :|

On reflection, I'll take a draw and look forward to the Villa continuing their resurgence under Mr Sherwood!
    Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarves are not happy.
  • Stevo_666
    I think we can all agree on Villa as the small unfashionable team to support this weekend. (Strictly speaking the City game isn't this weekend :wink: )
  • Manc33
    As Jasper Carrot used to say in The Detectives... "Sh1t on the Villa"

United, cha cha cha,
    United, cha cha cha.
  • Stevo_666
    The PL is back and about time too...Scousers vs Gooners should be a good one.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Looks like it could be worth a watch tonight. Were Arsenal on fire or were Liverpool just pants? Or both.
  • Manc33
    Scousers dropping a b0llock again nyuk nyuk.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKtwlHV1-O8
  • Stevo_666
    Job done :) . 7 points clear and a game in hand, although City may still cut that to 6 on Monday. The Manc Derby will be a good one, as will the Chelsea - Arsenal fixture coming up in the not too distant future.
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 4,023
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Looks like it could be worth a watch tonight. Were Arsenal on fire or were Liverpool just pants? Or both.

Sterling appeared to be doing his utmost to avoid scoring against his potential future employers. Not sure why Sturridge didn't start, from what I saw they really missed a finisher.
  • tim_wand
    tim_wand Posts: 2,552
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Sterling appeared to be doing his utmost to avoid scoring against his potential future employers. Not sure why Sturridge didn't start, from what I saw they really missed a finisher.

More like Toure was doing his up most to make sure his Former employers scored!
  • Manc33
    Manc33 wrote:
    Villa will be the routine easy win for us it usually was under Sir Alex.

I say 4-1 to Man United.

I wasn't far out this time. :P

I wish I could predict similarly for the other games we have got to play.

The following weeks are going to be the toughest end to a season we have had in a long time.

The really worrying thing is we have only got one of them out of the way (The Scum) and we still have all the proper teams to play. :cry:

Winning the league isn't possible but doing really well means we could finish higher than 4th. Look who we have got to do really well against though, Jesus.

Man City have been beaten away by West Ham and Burnley this season, there's no reason "CRY" can't do the same thing. If Palace are up for it I think they will beat City.
  • Stevo_666
    For those teams getting a bit optimistic after this weekend gone, here's a polite message from Chelsea. :wink:
  • Manc33
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    For those teams getting a bit optimistic after this weekend gone, here's a polite message from Chelsea. :wink:

Every single Chelsea fan packed into one corner of a small stadium, that's dedication.