The whatever footie that's going on (with actual fans) thread

Comments

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,773
    Well those results put a tiger in my tank :mrgreen:

7 point gap, things are returning to normal. Got to hand it to City, they run their little socks off trying to play attacking football but just keep running out of talent :wink:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    you conceded to villa, jokes on you
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Stevo_666
    sa0u823e wrote:
    you conceded to villa, jokes on you
    A win's a win but letting a goal in to a team that can't hit usually hit cow's arris with a banjo is a bit bad :oops: Not as much of a joke as some teams though, judging by certain absences from this thread :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • city_boy
    city_boy Posts: 1,616
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Well those results put a tiger in my tank :mrgreen:

7 point gap, things are returning to normal. Got to hand it to City, they run their little socks off trying to play attacking football but just keep running out of talent :wink:

I can't agree that their running out of talent. I'm still of the view that we have the best squad and starting 11 in the league. We have, however run out of ideas and motivation. I said earlier in the thread that there is something wrong at City and much of that is down to Pellegrini. He seems unable to come up with a way to counter the tactics that most teams are employing against us and, more worryingly he seems unable to get the players up for the fight (although I agree that players should really be able to motivate themselves!) Up until today I genuinely believed we could catch Chelsea and at least make it a tight finish but I'm starting to see it like the 12/13 season where we just capitulated :(

Enjoy your smug break Stevo, and I'll get on with worrying about finishing in the top 4 :oops:
    Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarves are not happy.
  • Stevo_666
    If you're right about having the best starting XI, the difference must be José :D

Anyhow, I can create success by lowering expectations as well, its easier than actually winning :wink:
  • city_boy
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    If you're right about having the best starting XI, the difference must be José :D

Anyhow, I can create success by lowering expectations as well, its easier than actually winning :wink:

I do think there are other managers out there that would get a lot more out of the City squad than Pellegrini, and yes, if Chelsea win the title it will be 100% down to Mourinho.

I can honestly say though that I would never want Jose in charge at City whatever he wins.

Not sure wha you're getting at with you second comment though?
  • Flâneur
    I'll take jose off your hands.

I'm done watching paint dry. Glad i had the match on the iPad and the rugby on tv
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Stevo_666
    City Boy wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

I can honestly say though that I would never want Jose in charge at City whatever he wins.

So even if Jose was available for hire, you were sure he would get you the title but Pellegrini wouldnt, then you still wouldn't hire him?

Second comment was about you saying you were worrying about finishing in the top 4. That is lowering expectations to a level where you know you'll succeed. Although Manure might beat you into third :wink:
  • city_boy
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    City Boy wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

So even if Jose was available for hire, you were sure he would get you the title but Pellegrini wouldnt, then you still wouldn't hire him?

Second comment was about you saying you were worrying about finishing in the top 4. That is lowering expectations to a level where you know you'll succeed. Although Manure might beat you into third :wink:

No, I wouldn't want Jose at City under any circumstances.

I don't consider finishing in the top 4 a success! Failure to capture a cup or a title this season would be most definitely just that....a failure :(
  • Stevo_666
    Just as well because you can't have him :)
  • Stevo_666
    sa0u823e wrote:

I'm done watching paint dry. Glad i had the match on the iPad and the rugby on tv
    You cant have him either :wink: Speaking of teams that can't hit a cow's arse with a banjo...MOTD is going to be a bit dull. Best get out on another date.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 27,021
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    sa0u823e wrote:

You cant have him either :wink: Speaking of teams that can't hit a cow's ars* with a banjo...MOTD is going to be a bit dull. Best get out on another date.
    Has your secretary been asking?
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • Stevo_666
    PBlakeney wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    sa0u823e wrote:

You cant have him either :wink: Speaking of teams that can't hit a cow's ars* with a banjo...MOTD is going to be a bit dull. Best get out on another date.
    Has your secretary been asking?
    I meant Sa0 - he's the forum f@nny ferret these days :)
  • Flâneur
    Got to do something to make up for the shit football and lack of entertaining stuff on here. May even ride my bike one day.

We had better not try and sign Ings in the summer, then I will have to go back to my London roots
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Stevo_666
    'Super Sunday' my ar$e. Three draws - even worse than yesterdays footy overall.
  • pesky_jones
    pesky_jones Posts: 2,890
    Type "the shithole, london" into google maps.
  • Stevo 666 wrote:
    'Super Sunday' my ar$e. Three draws - even worse than yesterdays footy overall.

It was a great Sunday. The irony of Fat Sam moaning about being "done by a long ball", LVG's incessant droning on about how hard done by his squad are and Saints gaining ground on both Manure and the Arse. :)
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,117

It is. There is no other term to describe it. London should be surrounded by a moat, electric fence and a high wall. (and that's just to stop any of the feckers getting out).
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666

It is. There is no other term to describe it. London should be surrounded by a moat, electric fence and a high wall. (and that's just to stop any of the feckers getting out).
    This being put forward by a Liverpool supporter and an inhabitant of Stranraer. Is this what they call inverse snobbery? :wink: (Lucky I live in Kent, eh :P )
  • Manc33
    Manc33 Posts: 2,157
    I've not been here because I couldn't login for two or three days. Somehow it worked the 19th time trying. :roll:

We were lucky to get a draw I admit that, even Van Gaal hinted at it lol.
  • Stevo_666
    Manc33 wrote:
    We were lucky to get a draw I admit that, even Van Gaal hinted at it lol.
    What, against West Ham or just generally? :wink:
  • Manc33
    We haven't spent as much money as Man City or Chelsea, so its worse for them when they draw or get beat, than it is for us under a new manager etc. I think Van Gaal is exceeding expectations after the Moyes debacle. Drawing an away game isn't bad. Drawing at home to the likes of Hull City is. Steve Bruce still helping Man United even now. :D

What the hell there's loads of games on tonight and tomorrow! :twisted:

(Dint know)

Might as well do some predictions, not done any for ages...

Arsenal 4 Leicester 2
    Hull 0 Aston Villa 0
    Sunderland 2 QPR 0
    Liverpool 1 Tottenham 0
    Chelsea 2 Everton 1
    Man Utd 2 Burnley 0
    Stoke 1 Man City 2 (go on, I'll risk it) :lol:
    Southampton 2 West Ham 2
    Crystal Palace 0 Newcastle 1
    West Brom 1 Swansea 1
  • Stevo_666
    Manc, your excuses suck but on the other hand it would bring a smile to my face to see Manyoo finish second this season. Make sure you put those noisy neighbours back in their box when you play them next :wink:
  • Manc33
    When Man City or Chelsea win the league by 18 points I will hold my hands up.

Neither of them are anywhere near that level of domination in today's game.

Its not "excuses". We did so well in the 1990s that other clubs realized the only way to beat Man United is to throw hundreds of millions at it. Its just lucky that Chelsea was bought by a billionaire and so was Man City. :roll:

Since we were doing stuff like winning the league by 18 points and winning the league when Arsenal were so far ahead one bookie paid out on them, it explains it, but the luck involved that some Russian guy chooses Chelsea and some Arab conglomerate chooses Man City is just bloody ridiculous. It could just as easily be Liverpool and Tottenham.

Chelsea are doing better because Man City's owners could buy anyone. The only reason they don't throw £300M at Messi is because of the flak they would then get when they win the league. Well they don't need to even do that, I can see how they are buying it, but its just that they have taken it to the next level (in a financial way) the same as Man United did during the 1990s. See I don't deny it, but part of that is because Man United are a massive club and just always were rich, Chelsea was sold for £1 at one stage lmao.

This leaves only Arsenal - they should be respected the most because they run on a tight budget and are consistently up there. They are the only team like that left now. :x I thought they would falter when they sold Thierry Henry but it didn't make one iota of difference, compare this to Liverpool when they lost Suarez.
  • pesky_jones
    pesky_jones Posts: 2,890
    Stevo 666 wrote:

This being put forward by a Liverpool supporter and an inhabitant of Stranraer. Is this what they call inverse snobbery? :wink: (Lucky I live in Kent, eh :P )

I wasn't agreeing or disagreeing with it, no inverse snobbery. What you wrote however is direct snobbery :wink:

If I wern't to support liverpool, it would be spurs. Tbh I probably should do seeing as they're the closest premier league team to me. Doesn't change my hopes on tonights game however.
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    Manc33 wrote:
    When Man City or Chelsea win the league by 18 points I will hold my hands up.

Neither of them are anywhere near that level of domination in today's game. So you'd prefer a league where one team dominate?

Its not "excuses". We did so well in the 1990s that other clubs realized the only way to beat Man United is to throw hundreds of millions at it. Its just lucky that Chelsea was bought by a billionaire and so was Man City. :roll: You think United dominated for years without throwing money at it? It's the way it's always been.

Since we were doing stuff like winning the league by 18 points and winning the league when Arsenal were so far ahead one bookie paid out on them, it explains it, but the luck involved that some Russian guy chooses Chelsea and some Arab conglomerate chooses Man City is just bloody ridiculous. It could just as easily be Liverpool and Tottenham. Yes it could have been. Either way it's left us with a league where at least 5 teams have a chance of winning the title as opposed to the two we had before. And unlike Spain where they only have two, with a 3rd team winning it every 10 years or so.

Chelsea are doing better because Man City's owners could buy anyone. The only reason they don't throw £300M at Messi is because of the flak they would then get when they win the league. Well they don't need to even do that, I can see how they are buying it, but its just that they have taken it to the next level (in a financial way) the same as Man United did during the 1990s. See I don't deny it, but part of that is because Man United are a massive club and just always were rich, Chelsea was sold for £1 at one stage lmao. The reason no club will spend £300 million on Messi is because they would probably blow their whole budget on one player and risk breaking FFP rules. Personally I don't see any club putting all their eggs in that one basket. Chelsea were sold for a nominal sum of a £1, however that did come with millions worth of debt that had to be cleared, so not quite a bargain.

This leaves only Arsenal - they should be respected the most because they run on a tight budget and are consistently up there. They are the only team like that left now. :x I thought they would falter when they sold Thierry Henry but it didn't make one iota of difference, compare this to Liverpool when they lost Suarez.
    Many Arsenal fans might disagree. 9 years without a trophy is quite a difference to the days when Henry was gracing Highbury. And as for comparing his departure from Arsenal to that of Suarez leaving Liverpool, really? :roll: Apart from the fact he's not even been gone a season Liverpool were not exactly winning things when he was there were they?

Your knowledge of football really is appalling. Best stick to what you are good at, crackpot theories.
  • Manc33 wrote:
    We haven't spent as much money as Man City or Chelsea,

Hmmm... Net summer spending in 2014

Chelsea £10 million
    Man City £32 million
    Man Utd £122 million

Admittedly Man City then spent another £31 million in the January window but still trail well behind Man Utd this year - Chelsea actually had a negative net spend of £12 million in January so their total spending in the two windows for this season is actually minus £2million!

But you've never let the facts get in the way of a good theory... :wink:
  • Stevo_666
    Manc,

Looks like Cornerblock and Hamish have beaten me to it with the facts. Let's just add in to that which PL team currently has the highest wage bill shall we :wink:
    http://sports.yahoo.com/news/united-top-premier-league-salary-list-204415891--sow.html

Given Manures massive recent spending on players and wages, they are doing a bit crap. I mean, reduced to copying Sam Allardyce to try and draw games :lol:
  • Stevo_666
    I wasn't agreeing or disagreeing with it, no inverse snobbery. What you wrote however is direct snobbery :wink:
    Sometimes snobbery is justified :P
  • Flâneur
    well that was a more entertaining first half than expected. Poor defending helps!
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy