The whatever footie that's going on (with actual fans) thread

Comments

• city_boy
    city_boy Posts: 1,616
    Manc33 wrote:
    Whooped at home by a crap French side.

No, not "mainly Arsenal" :lol:

What'll it be in Monaco, 5-0?

So you've read some of the thread title, just not the "Premier League" bit :roll:
    Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarves are not happy.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,117
    City Boy wrote:
    Manc33 wrote:
    Whooped at home by a crap French side.

No, not "mainly Arsenal" :lol:

What'll it be in Monaco, 5-0?

So you've read some of the thread title, just not the "Premier League" bit :roll:

Well, there are dark forces at play in that other thread. I know because, I keep making inexplicable mistakes when posting in there.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Manc33
    Manc33 Posts: 2,157
    There isn't a European thread (or if there is no one posts in it)
  • city_boy
    Manc33 wrote:

:shock:
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 27,021
    Manc33 wrote:
    There is one.
    But they are hiding it from you as they think that you are onto them.
    And they have the perfect excuse as ManU supporters have no interest.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • Manc33
    Its never at the top of new posts so I never see it.
  • pblakeney
    Manc33 wrote:
    Its never at the top of new posts so I never see it.
    It is still currently in the top 10, and was obviously higher yesterday.
    But as I said, you won't see it because they do not want you to. And why would you?
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,774
    How many 1-0's today? Not sure MOTD is going to be quite as riveting as usual.

Although tomorrow might be more fun - come on you Scousers! :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Manc33
    Pressure's on Arsenal. 8) I reckon they will draw 2-2 with Everton.

I predict an easy win for City. They can steamroller over anyone they want, anytime. Its just a case of if Liverpool are unlucky and end up having to face it. I was impressed with them in that 5-0 win, they are miles better to watch than Chelsea. :lol:
  • Stevo_666
    Manc33 wrote:
    I predict an easy win for City. They can steamroller over anyone they want, anytime. Its just a case of if Liverpool are unlucky and end up having to face it. I was impressed with them in that 5-0 win, they are miles better to watch than Chelsea. :lol:
    Has someone hacked your account, or are you bigging City up so you can take the mickey if they don't steamroller Liverpool tomorrow?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Manc33
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Manc33 wrote:
    Has someone hacked your account, or are you bigging City up so you can take the mickey if they don't steamroller Liverpool tomorrow?

No, its just with the money they have spent, they should win every game no exceptions, they are under performing then, if anything.

City played like Brazil when they won 5-0, but its a different game against Liverpool, I can't rule Liverpool out but I think City will humiliate them.

City humiliate Liverpool: 65%
    Liverpool humiliate City: 5%
    City just beat Liverpool 1-0: 15%
    Liverpool just beat City 1-0: 5%
    Draw: 10%

IMO
  • city_boy
    Manc33 wrote:

IMO

And that's exactly the point where your argument loses credibility! :wink:
  • Stevo_666
    Manc33 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Manc33 wrote:

No, its just with the money they have spent, they should win every game no exceptions, they are under performing then, if anything.

City played like Brazil when they won 5-0, but its a different game against Liverpool, I can't rule Liverpool out but I think City will humiliate them.

City humiliate Liverpool: 65%
    Liverpool humiliate City: 5%
    City just beat Liverpool 1-0: 15%
    Liverpool just beat City 1-0: 5%
    Draw: 10%

IMO
    I'm glad your predictions are crap :D

Thank you scousers, job's a good 'un 8)
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Talking about Brazilians see our little one today?
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Manc33
    That might be the only time in my lifetime I wanted the scum to win.

Why Arsenal, why... :(
  • Stevo_666
    sa0u823e wrote:
    Talking about Brazilians see our little one today?
    Yep, belter of a goal by Coutinho.
  • Stevo_666
    Manc33 wrote:
    The phrase 'scum' doesn't narrow it down a lot :D
  • Manc33
    edited March 2015
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Manc33 wrote:

When its Manchester City playing Liverpool I guess it doesn't, but I meant Liverpool. :lol:

I was brought up to not take Man City seriously at all and as a result never think of them as being "scum" (they are just not important enough) but with Liverpool it's a bit different. Calling City scum would be like calling a 5 year old "scum" I mean, its not fair. When it comes to trophies, City are amateurs. Countless other teams have won more trophies than Man City have, most aren't even in the top division today.

"It doesn't matter who Man City have playing for them, or managing them, they will always be chit because they are Man City" - a Man United supporter around the time the Arab billionaires took over.

With the money they have spent I would be expecting them to win every single game, it sounds far fetched but is it? These guys should be like the Harlem Globetrotters of football - but just draw and get beat as much as any other team around them in the league. It shows how crap they are if to be on a par with Man United, Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool they have to spend hundreds of millions in a few years. Without their money they would be back in the Championship, absolutely no doubt about that.
  • Stevo_666
    Manc33 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Manc33 wrote:

When its Manchester City playing Liverpool I guess it doesn't, but I meant Liverpool. :lol:

I was brought up to not take Man City seriously at all and as a result never think of them as being "scum" (they are just not important enough) but with Liverpool it's a bit different. Calling City scum would be like calling a 5 year old "scum" I mean, its not fair. When it comes to trophies, City are amateurs. Countless other teams have won more trophies than Man City have, most aren't even in the top division today.

"It doesn't matter who Man City have playing for them, or managing them, they will always be chit because they are Man City" - a Man United supported around the time the Arab billionaires took over.
    Paging City Boy to the thread... :twisted:
  • pblakeney
    Manc33 wrote:

Why Arsenal, why... :(
    Interesting that a win at Anfield towards the end of the month could see Liverpool replace ManU in fourth place.
    You could regret today.
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • Stevo_666
    All in all, not a bad day of footy :mrgreen:
  • city_boy
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Not for you, it wasn't! :cry:

Congrats on your cup win.

(And your premier league title :evil: )

On to next year.....
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    Manc33 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Manc33 wrote:

"It doesn't matter who Man City have playing for them, or managing them, they will always be chit because they are Man City" - a Man United supporter around the time the Arab billionaires took over.

With the money they have spent I would be expecting them to win every single game, it sounds far fetched but is it? These guys should be like the Harlem Globetrotters of football - but just draw and get beat as much as any other team around them in the league. It shows how crap they are if to be on a par with Man United, Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool they have to spend hundreds of millions in a few years. Without their money they would be back in the Championship, absolutely no doubt about that.

http://transferleague.co.uk/league-tabl ... asons.html

Not as far away as you'd think.

Interestingly spurs should be last
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,117
    Chris Bass wrote:
    Manc33 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Manc33 wrote:

When it...division today.

"It doesn't...that.

http://transferleague.co.uk/league-tabl ... asons.html

Not as far away as you'd think.

Interestingly spurs should be last

At £216m ? They should be 6th and are currently 7th, which is about right. Should have gone to Specsavers.

We're just 4 points behind City now. Would love to see City boys' face if we end up 2nd.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • city_boy

We're just 4 points behind City now. Would love to see City boys' face if we end up 2nd.

To be honest Pinno, with what's going on at City I'll just be glad to go into next season with a CL spot (not guaranteed :? ) and a new manager!
  • Stevo_666
    City Boy wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Not for you, it wasn't! :cry:

Congrats on your cup win.

(And your premier league title :evil: )

On to next year.....
    It ain't over yet - we've both got two big bits of silverware to play for still and I'm just glad we've got one in the bag. But it is slightly ironic that the team whose title chances we scuppered last year should give us such a big leg up today.

And you're right (as was I) - you need a new manager, although I kind of hope Manuel hangs in there for a while longer :)
  • pesky_jones
    pesky_jones Posts: 2,890
    Manc33 wrote:
    I predict an easy win for City.

Not much good at predicting our results are you
  • Manc33
    Newcastle'll beat us I think. 1-0 off a penalty or something nearly that boring. Man United have no flare anymore. I wanna see 5 people attacking like in the Fergie days. Isn't going to happen. Even if we had CR7 back I don't think he would quite have the effect he used to and that's not because of anything he would be doing wrong.

If Fellaini played like a tosser under Moyes, but like a superhero under Van Gaal, what would he play like under Fergie? :lol:

I can already see this LVG guy getting the boot you know, if we finish outside the top 4. Even he doesn't seem a long term replacement for, well David Moyes but, that makes it sound like Moyes was irreplaceable lol.
  • Manc33
    Betfred just said Di Maria to score and Man United to win "was" 3-1 at kick off but now at half time its 6-1 lol.

Ye have little faith!

EDIT: How we got three points from that I will never know.
  • pblakeney
    Manc33 wrote:
    Betfred just said Di Maria to score and Man United to win "was" 3-1 at kick off but now at half time its 6-1 lol.

Ye have little faith!

EDIT: How we got three points from that I will never know.
    Krull assist. Very cruel.
    Veronese68 wrote: