The whatever footie that's going on (with actual fans) thread

Comments

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,774
    sa0u823e wrote:
    well that was a more entertaining first half than expected. Poor defending helps!
    Well done you Scousers.

Liverpool tonight...

Liverpool%2006.jpg
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    See how fast Mario went down the tunnel, loves to be center of attention if not the attention. I enjoyed it though, big niggly at the end but an enjoyable game
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,117
    Into 4th temporarily. Come on Burnley.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Manc33
    Manc33 Posts: 2,157

I said:
    "Neither of them are anywhere near that level of domination in today's game."

You said:
    "So you'd prefer a league where one team dominate?"

You're asking me questions that don't even fit into the discussion so I didn't bother going through the rest of it.

Did I say I would prefer a league where one team dominates?
    Nope.

I said neither Chelsea or Man City are at that level, maybe I should have added "despite spending hundreds of millions in only a few years". Changing the conversation to try to make me look stupid is all very well but I won't discuss anything with anyone doing that, no point.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 27,021
    Manc33 wrote:
    Changing the conversation to try to make me look stupid is all very well but I won't discuss anything with anyone doing that, no point.
    I wholeheartedly agree!
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • Manc33
    How does me saying the two richest clubs not attaining the same level of domination as another club did in the past equate to me "wanting" one team to dominate? I can't understand how one thing would link in with the other.

My point is Manchester United spending big worked better for them than it has done for Chelsea or Man City - but that says more about the clubs manager, spirit and their desire to win because they are wearing that badge.

Why do Liverpool usually end up getting near or in the FA Cup final even when they are 12th in the league? Because it is Liverpool.
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    Manc33 wrote:
    Changing the conversation to try to make me look stupid is all very well but I won't discuss anything with anyone doing that, no point.

And yet you do seem to have entered into a discussion. As for changing a conversation to make you look stupid, I really didn't. You do a good enough job of that elsewhere on here. :wink:
  • pesky_jones
    pesky_jones Posts: 2,890
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    sa0u823e wrote:
    well that was a more entertaining first half than expected. Poor defending helps!
    Well done you Scousers.

Liverpool tonight...

Liverpool%2006.jpg

Are you trying to impress Manc33? Everyone else in the thread must have seen you post that pic 1000 times already :lol:
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    sa0u823e wrote:
    Well done you Scousers.

Liverpool tonight...

Liverpool%2006.jpg

Are you trying to impress Manc33? Everyone else in the thread must have seen you post that pic 1000 times already :lol:
    Calm down, alright. It is a good pic :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Manc33
    Its been a good game up to now Man United and Burnley but we're playing nothing like we can. :roll:

Fellaini on the bench?! That makes sense. :?
  • Stevo_666
    Manc33 wrote:
    Its been a good game up to now Man United and Burnley but we're playing nothing like we can. :roll:

Fellaini on the bench?! That makes sense. :?
    True, you're not punting nearly as many long balls up the pitch as you should. Has Van Gallardyce learnt nothing from last weekend?
  • Manc33
    Its been an odd game, its watchable, but we're crap I can't deny it.

Its another one where the score won't reflect the gameplay.

One thing I will say though is Burnley have been tripping us up a lot. It would be nice to see Di Maria do something except some dirty Burnley player legs him up. Thats one problem with having a £60M player, everyone already knows what he can do.
  • Stevo_666
    Status quo maintained for now. Welcome Diego for the next one :)

Chelsea top and Boro top - now that's a decent birthday present :mrgreen:
  • city_boy
    city_boy Posts: 1,616
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Happy Birthday :D
    Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarves are not happy.
  • pinno
    City Boy wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Wot?! No slating? I always look forward to the Stevo - City boy handbag show.
  • Stevo_666
    City Boy wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Thanks CB, I see you're in a good mood :)

Pinno, not much handbag swinging to be done when both teams won. Besides, we need to take a break every now and then :D
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    City Boy wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Thanks CB, I see you're in a good mood :)

Pinno, not much handbag swinging to be done when both teams won. Besides, we need to take a break every now and then :D

To shag?
  • Stevo_666
    To shag?
    Sounds like you've been doing too much rubbernecking in Portugal.
  • Manc33
    Jamski.
  • Stevo_666
    Manc33 wrote:
    Jamski.
    Unlike Manure who are never, ever jammy :wink: See you at The Bridge in a few weeks...
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    Looks like Louis Long Ball is cracking. Love the reaction of the United press officer. :lol:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iJOx42wANO0
  • Manc33
    We'll beat Chelski I reckon. If Newcastle can, there's no reason we can't.

I wonder how many fans Chelsea actually had in 2002 and how many have they got now?

Abromovich dropped a bollock buying them I think, why Chelsea of all clubs?!

If I was him I would have bought Liverpool, they were the obvious choice. They were even the #1 in the country at that time for league wins.

He is a tourist that just wants to bum around in London. No wonder we have a North/South divide, sods like him!
  • Stevo_666
    Manc33 wrote:
    We'll beat Chelski I reckon. If Newcastle can, there's no reason we can't.

I wonder how many fans Chelsea actually had in 2002 and how many have they got now?

Abromovich dropped a bollock buying them I think, why Chelsea of all clubs?!

If I was him I would have bought Liverpool, they were the obvious choice. They were even the #1 in the country at that time for league wins.

He is a tourist that just wants to bum around in London. No wonder we have a North/South divide, sods like him!
    And no Manure fans are glory hunters who have never lived near Manchester are they :lol: At the last Manyoo vs Chelsea game at Old Trafford we were serenading you lot with 'We'll race you back to London' :wink:
  • Manc33
    On match of the day:

"Has he been hit by a missile?"

I think if a player got hit by a missile, there would be little pieces of flesh strewn all over the pitch and the stadium would be immediately evacuated.

A missile! Who is doing this to the language?

It is some sort of extreme left wing talk, or something. Listen to George Carlin, he deals with this stuff the way it should be dealt with and won't stand for it. All the stupid sayings that don't fit or make sense.

Someone at the footie stadium probably really did say:
    "When a projectile is thrown now, we have to call it a missile"

They need a slap, pure and simple.
  • tim_wand
    tim_wand Posts: 2,552

Its all a conspiracy to introduce elements of Militarism into all aspects of our culture so we become dependent on Government.
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    Manc33 wrote:
    On match of the day:

"Has he been hit by a missile?"

I think if a player got hit by a missile, there would be little pieces of flesh strewn all over the pitch and the stadium would be immediately evacuated.

It is some sort of extreme left wing talk, or something. Listen to George Carlin, he deals with this stuff the way it should be dealt with and won't stand for it. All the stupid sayings that don't fit or make sense.

Someone at the footie stadium probably really did say:
    "When a projectile is thrown now, we have to call it a missile"

They need a slap, pure and simple.

"mis·sile (mĭs′əl, -īl′)
    n.
    1. An object or weapon that is fired, thrown, dropped, or otherwise projected at a target; a projectile.
    2. A guided missile.
    3. A ballistic missile."

Seems like they are using the definition correctly
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • pinno
    I have never met a manyoo supporter that is actually from Manchester.

..and no thanks manc33 if your offering.

Boy my neck is sore.
  • Manc33
    Two of the three definitions relate to exploding type missiles. :P

What about "No real venom on the strike" lol. I didn't know snakes could play football. :roll:

Sometimes they can be funny. "He's a harrier, he's a terrier" tsk, one is a jet plane, one is a dog.
  • Stevo_666
    Anyhow, as we have no separate thread for the Cup competitions, I'm quite looking forward to seeing the Mighty 'Boro take on the second best team in London (according to current league table rankings). Nout to lose and loads of ammunition for here if we win :P
  • Manc33
    I reckon it will be the end of Boro's cup run. They can't do the same again... but I still hope they can. :twisted:

Chances I reckon are about 30% Boro 70% Arsenal. If it was away at Boro I would say about 50/50. You better hope it doesn't go to a replay. :lol: