The whatever footie that's going on (with actual fans) thread

Comments

• pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 27,021
    Some fans will be glad to be out of the Country tonight.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • tim_wand
    tim_wand Posts: 2,552
    PBlakeney wrote:
    Some fans will be glad to be out of the Country tonight.

I m not going to laugh too soon. We ve got the Mighty Seagulls tomorrow, but reckon it might be sometime before the bitching starts between Stevo and City boy :D

Did not the Special one himself say it would be a Disgrace if Chelsea lost to Bradford before today's Game.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,768
    I'm here :)

Chelsea's humbling by Bradford has been more than made up for by Boro tonking City 2-0 :mrgreen: UTFB :lol:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tim_wand
    My God Stevo. Finding a silver lining in that Disgrace!!! Well have City boy on next proclaiming himself a Cambridge Fan! Still at least you came out as a Smoggy before the result.

Reckon you were both keeping your powder dry for the 31st

Hows the Piste?
  • city_boy
    city_boy Posts: 1,616
    At least Chelsea played their reserves. City had virtually a full strength side out :oops:

Having read the comments on the City forum, Boro thoroughly deserved their win and apparently if they had scored 4 or 5, it would have been a fair result.

Problems at City this season and Pellegrini needs to sort them out quickly or he'll be looking for a job in Summer :(

Congrats to Boro and Bradford.

Would rather Bolton, or (more realistically) Arsenal win the cup. Anyone but the Scum or the Scousers.
    Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarves are not happy.
  • pblakeney
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    I'm here :)
    Sad that you have nothing better to do.
    FWIW, I am waiting on the wife cooking dinner.
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • Manc33
    Manc33 Posts: 2,157
    Man City, Chelsea, Southampton and Spurs all not arsed about winning the FA Cup this year? :lol:

There I was thinking a 0-0 draw with Cambridge was a bad result! At least we're still in the thing.

Manchester United are after all the most prolific winners of the FA Cup. Today shows us why, again.
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    if anyone won on an accumulator today then i'm calling match fixing!
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • Manc33
    Liverpool have got a tough rematch away at Bolton after only drawing 0-0 at Anfield, that looks quite promising to me as a Manc. I can't see Arsenal not winning tomorrow but you never know. I don't mind Arsenal being in the cup its Liverpool that needs to go.

Manchester United Vs Arsenal final?
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,096
    Poor day for Liverpool today, looking at the stats we just can't finish the game :(
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    Bolton taking Liverpool to a replay? This has shades of 1993. 8) :D
  • Manc33
    They should never have sacked Roy Evans, it was a long time ago I know but, thats when they went from consistently finishing 2nd/3rd/4th, to not doing. Liverpool were too greedy sacking him IMO. They sacked him because he hadn't won them the league, but I think he was building to it and would have done.
  • tim_wand
    Manc33 wrote:
    They should never have sacked Roy Evans, it was a long time ago I know but, thats when they went from consistently finishing 2nd/3rd/4th, to not doing. Liverpool were too greedy sacking him IMO. They sacked him because he hadn't won them the league, but I think he was building to it and would have done.

For sure, He's blazing a trail with the national Team. IMO they should have kept Ronnie Moran :!:
  • Stevo_666
    tim wand wrote:
    My God Stevo. Finding a silver lining in that Disgrace!!! Well have City boy on next proclaiming himself a Cambridge Fan! Still at least you came out as a Smoggy before the result.

Reckon you were both keeping your powder dry for the 31st

Hows the Piste?
    There'll be plenty of handbag swinging next weekend :)

All this talk about the quadruple was boll0x, was never going to happen. The PL and the CL are the most important, anything else is a bonus. Trying to fight too many other competitions was going to hurt form.

Piste is excellent, its been snowing today so pretty much had the place to ourselves and loafs of powder. Awesome 8)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pblakeney
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    ....and loafs of powder. Awesome 8)
    Crumbs! :P
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,930
    LVG not an advocate of Dutch Total Football then.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... s-did.html
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,117
    Ballysmate wrote:

You need 11 quality players to do that sort of stuff.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pblakeney
    Ballysmate wrote:

You need 11 quality players to do that sort of stuff.
    LVG - Trying his best to make Davie Moyes look good.
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,117
    When the likes of Bradford, Cambridge United and Boro make a mockery of 'top flight' teams, it makes you wonder how much of the Premiership is all marketing, hype, feather and fluff.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pblakeney
    When the likes of Bradford, Cambridge United and Boro make a mockery of 'top flight' teams, it makes you wonder how much of the Premiership is all marketing, hype, feather and fluff.
    Oh, I stopped wondering quite a few years ago.
    Money can buy enough quality that in the long run, the richest clubs will win.
    In fact, FIFA and UEFA are set up in such a way to precisely achieve that goal, but they flatter to deceive.
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • tim_wand
    Bring on the Boro. Suppose you ve got two legitimate reasons to support them in the cup now Stevo.

Especially with no Chelsea interest. For once we can believe a managers when they say they d rather concentrate on the league.
  • Stevo_666
    tim wand wrote:
    Bring on the Boro. Suppose you ve got two legitimate reasons to support them in the cup now Stevo.

Especially with no Chelsea interest. For once we can believe a managers when they say they d rather concentrate on the league.
    Bring it on - we've got nothing to lose :)
  • Manc33
    PBlakeney wrote:
    In fact, FIFA and UEFA are set up in such a way to precisely achieve that goal, but they flatter to deceive.

Conspiracy theory? :lol:

Sounds like something I would say except this is about FIFA as opposed to people running the world (into the ground).
  • Stevo_666
    What are you on about? Boro will be a top flight team at this rate :wink:
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    And stamp costa out of the city game...
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,096
    sa0u823e wrote:

aka the stud muffin :)
  • city_boy
    city_boy Posts: 1,616
    It's a shame they can't charge Boreinho with being a classless pr1ck!
    I don't care what they win, I'm genuinely glad he's not our manager. The guy is a total embarrassment. :oops:
    Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarves are not happy.
  • Manc33
    http://i.imgur.com/UHtq2lV.jpg

"Wanna buy my sister?"
  • Stevo_666
    matthew h wrote:
    sa0u823e wrote:

aka the stud muffin :)
    Which one of you two did the match commentary? :wink: (Warning: sweary audio)
  • Stevo_666
    City Boy wrote:
    I don't care what they win
    Oh yes you do :wink: