The whatever footie that's going on (with actual fans) thread

Comments

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,773
    City Boy wrote:
    Maybe you can explain why you keep using the phrase "the ethical one"?
    Because that's what Pellegrini calls himself. Keep up at the back (or is that second place?) :wink:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    City Boy wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Chelsea fans show their class

Yes that's right, media find one div who takes a banner to a game and it's 'Chelsea fans'. Are you normally so gullible? I was there and the reception he received was great. Of course there are a few that are annoyed about the way his move to City has come about but to the vast majority he is and always will be a legend. But hey let's see if they report Chelsea fans applauding him and singing his name, probably not. :roll:

Maybe the 'classy' Mourinho could praise the 'classy' Cheslea fans in his post match interview...... :lol::lol::lol:

No need he'd already done it in the programme.

Personally I'd be glad if he never gave Sky another interview. As far as I'm aware they bought the rights to screen Premier League football, it would seem that they now dictate to the FA which incidents in a game shall now be retrospectively punished. I am not saying Costa did not deserve some punishment, although even the use of the word 'stamp' seemed ridiculous and deliberately used to make it look worse than it was. Let's face it if it had been a stamp you would not have seen Can leaping up immediately to confront Costa. It is also a bit laughable that had he seen it Oliver would have shown red during the game as I'm not sure he had his red card with him, otherwise surely Henderson and Lucas would have gone. He's obviously a stricter ref in front of a TV screen.

What's come as surprise is this new crusade by Sky, it certainly was not in action last season when Aguero committed a shocking studs up two footed tackle on Luiz, oh no hold on that was ok because Mr Foy saw it and thought a challenge like that didn't merit a red! Or when Ya Ya carried out a spiteful kick on Van Wolfswinkel of Norwich., ensuring he did not miss the important Chelsea game, or this season when Mangala turned into Bruce Lee and went flying into the back of Etoo. Or when Sterling slapped Jonjo Shelvey in the face. I could probably name lots more incidents involving payers from all clubs that Sky thought not worthy of having on a constant loop with the word 'crimes' plastered over the screen but I think you get the point. Now everybody may be right, maybe there is not a campaign against Chelsea, but it's getting increasingly more difficult to believe that.

It's as if Sky want the title race to go down to the final day again! :wink:
  • city_boy
    city_boy Posts: 1,616
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Because that's what Pellegrini calls himself[/url]. Keep up at the back (or is that second place?) :wink:

Nope, read the crappy piece of 'journalism' and I've seen the entire interview with Pellegrini and at no point does he call himself 'the ethical one'! The term was coined by well known City hater and bell-end, Jeff Stelling!!
    Do keep up Stevo :wink:
    Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarves are not happy.
  • city_boy
    I could probably name lots more incidents involving payers from all clubs that Sky thought not worthy of having on a constant loop with the word 'crimes' plastered over the screen

You mean like Cahill's kick in the back and stamp on Harry Kane, or had you forgot that one? :lol:
  • Stevo_666
    City Boy wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Because that's what Pellegrini calls himself[/url]. Keep up at the back (or is that second place?) :wink:

Nope, read the crappy piece of 'journalism' and I've seen the entire interview with Pellegrini and at no point does he call himself 'the ethical one'! The term was coined by well known City hater and bell-end, Jeff Stelling!!
    Quote from Pellegrini in that article: “The ethical way is the best way for me." Pretty obvious what he's saying about himself - which doesn't sit easily with the lies told about Lampard, or the FFP breaches that city was fined for. Take yer light blue blinkers off :wink:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    It's as if Sky want the title race to go down to the final day again! :wink:
    Clearly it's in Sky's interests not to have a procession to the title.

But overall it's human nature that when you're top of the pile, people want to knock you off. That's where Chelsea have been in the PL since the start of the season, which is why City Boy spends so much time on here b1tching about Chelsea and making up excuses for his own teams failings :)
  • cornerblock
    City Boy wrote:
    I could probably name lots more incidents involving payers from all clubs that Sky thought not worthy of having on a constant loop with the word 'crimes' plastered over the screen

You mean like Cahill's kick in the back and stamp on Harry Kane, or had you forgot that one? :lol:
    [/quote][/quote]

You're right, it shows that some are ignored and some are not. Now why did Sky make such a big noise about this Costa incident, just a few days before the big showdown between the top two. Now the more cynical amongst us might believe that they would prefer it if one team did not open up an 8 point lead at this stage of the season thus ensuring a close run gripping title race that goes right down to the wire. The non cynical may just believe that this particular challenge by Costa was so so shocking and far worse than any other and just had to be highlighted. :roll:

I know I am biased and I get it that Sky only care about one thing, revenue. It is pretty obvious though that since Suarez left for Barcelona that Sky, the press and a lot football fans want a pantomime villain. Since day one at Burnley when Costa was booked for diving, even though he blatantly didn't, his card has been marked. He's no angel I grant you, but he has to be able to look after himself as the obvious tactic of many teams this season has been to get in his face, try to wind him up and hopefully get him red carded. I've enjoyed watching it, him and Skrtyl have had a right few battles but seem to both enjoy it, shaking afterwards and getting on with it. What type of player would most fans want in their side? Costa, wholehearted, tough and fully committed or the likes of Balotelli? A total fraud, picking up a large wage and looking like he doesn't even like the game.

I know people don't like Mourinho but on this I think he's right to be annoyed at the double standards of Sky. He also might have the hump at being fined £25k for being honest. He's often accused of being full of it and yet when he tells it like it is he still gets fined! A referee admits his mistake and yet a manager is not allowed to mention it. Ironic really that the people who slag Mourinho off the most are the ones piping up the loudest when he shuts up. You'd think they'd be delighted.
  • city_boy
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    City Boy wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Quote from Pellegrini in that article: “The ethical way is the best way for me." Pretty obvious what he's saying about himself - which doesn't sit easily with the lies told about Lampard, or the FFP breaches that city was fined for. Take yer light blue blinkers off :wink:

Your reference to blinkers is quite funny given your attempts to deflect from Mourinho's embarrassing behaviour and Cornerblock's denial of Costa's thuggery!

I think if you check my previous posts you will find I have often commented on City's issues and failings, I have also defended them when people spout unsubstantiated bollox :wink:
  • tim_wand
    tim_wand Posts: 2,552
    Really Cynical about Sky's influence on English Football. In some ways the amount of money and interest they have brought to the EPL have surely made it the best league in the World. 650 million world wide watched yesterdays match. And only that kind of Viewing audience and media exposure can maintain a market that sees the best players in the world ( Madrid/Barcelona aside) Queuing up to come and play in England.

However seeing how a Murdoch controlled media empire works , you cant imagine them being a benevolent force, and whatever benefits they bring , they will surely be reaping the rewards for themselves tenfold.

Their presenters always seem to push for media intrusion and technology in the game, and not to insure fairer outcomes, but ultimately to give them more control.

They want Refs to be microphoned, They want Refs to do post match media interviews, They ve got goal line technology. I don't believe for one moment they want to bring about these innovations for any other reason than to increase their control and influence over the game. How many games Kick Off at 3 o'clock on a Saturday?

Still he who pays the piper calls the tune.
  • cornerblock
    City Boy wrote:
    Costa's thuggery

aguero-luiz.gif

Like this you mean? Show me anything that Costa has done since coming to England that even come near this. I've said he's no angel and he can look after himself, he has to as most of the defenders he comes up against tend to be of a similar physical nature. I had you down as a real football man.
  • city_boy
    City Boy wrote:
    Costa's thuggery

aguero-luiz.gif

Like this you mean? Show me anything that Costa has done since coming to England that even come near this. I've said he's no angel and he can look after himself, he has to as most of the defenders he comes up against tend to be of a similar physical nature. I had you down as a real football man.

I'm not going to argue that that is a very nasty challenge and can't defend it TBF. But I can understand Aguero being a bit pee'd off having Luiz viscuosly trying to elbow him in the face seconds before the tackle!

Anybody who watches Aguero regularly will know that he his one of the most honest players in the league and no one could honestly say he his a nasty player! Not sure many would say the same about Costa!
  • Manc33
    Manc33 Posts: 2,157
    Was gooner comment on the game but I won't spoil it.
  • cornerblock
    City Boy wrote:
    City Boy wrote:
    Costa's thuggery

aguero-luiz.gif

I'm not going to argue that that is a very nasty challenge and can't defend it TBF. But I can understand Aguero being a bit pee'd off having Luiz viscuosly trying to elbow him in the face seconds before the tackle!

Anybody who watches Aguero regularly will know that he his one of the most honest players in the league and no one could honestly say he his a nasty player! Not sure many would say the same about Costa!

So you're not going to argue but you then do argue his case! You might say he's not nasty player but he obviously can be when he chooses to, or is only Aguero that is allowed to react to provocation? Any striker who gets to that level can dish it out and look after themselves don't kid yourself. Costa has been on the receiving end of a lot of rough house treatmant this season, players getting in his face trying to provoke him. Did he or the media make a big thing of it when Skyrtl elbowed him in the back of the head just prior to Liverpool's goal at Anfield? No is the answer. Funny that when he's on the receiving end it gets brushed over as all part of the game yet when he puts it about he's this villainous character. So show me these acts of 'thuggery' as you call it then. Or is what you are really referring to just the normal physical battles that go on up and down the country every weekend? Do you hide behind your manbag when it gets a bit tasty or something? :wink:
  • city_boy
    City Boy wrote:
    City Boy wrote:
    Costa's thuggery

aguero-luiz.gif

So you're not going to argue but you then do argue his case! You might say he's not nasty player but he obviously can be when he chooses to, or is only Aguero that is allowed to react to provocation? Any striker who gets to that level can dish it out and look after themselves don't kid yourself. Costa has been on the receiving end of a lot of rough house treatmant this season, players getting in his face trying to provoke him. Did he or the media make a big thing of it when Skyrtl elbowed him in the back of the head just prior to Liverpool's goal at Anfield? No is the answer. Funny that when he's on the receiving end it gets brushed over as all part of the game yet when he puts it about he's this villainous character. So show me these acts of 'thuggery' as you call it then. Or is what you are really referring to just the normal physical battles that go on up and down the country every weekend? Do you hide behind your manbag when it gets a bit tasty or something? :wink:

As usual you choose something to prove your case that doesn't actually prove you case. You selectively post the bit of the clip showing Aguero's challenge but don't show Luiz attempting to elbow Aguero in the face! I have said that it was a bad challenge and couldn't defend it, so how am I arguing. I simply pointed out the Aguero is a much more honest and less aggressive player than Costa who does have something of a reputation. As for showing you examples of his acts of thuggery, here you go...

http://youtu.be/YC18PinBxkU

He does take a bit of stick himself TBF, but you have to ask why other players seem so provoked to give him some.

Maybe you could post a similar montage for Aguero?
    Right, I'm back off to hide behind my man bag again :wink:
  • cornerblock
    I won't quote the conversation again as I'm sure we've all seen the shocking challenge enough now. Regardless of any provocation it does not alter the facts, they are there for all to see. Aguero being nasty and "thuggish" to use your word. You can't just come out with 'oh we all know he's not like that' . Yes he plainly is when needs be. Maybe Costas game is more physical than Aguero's. What do you want? A game where there is no physical battles or confrontations? Are you even sure football is the game for you? :wink: As for sitting through that, I did ask for the evidence in England. I really can't be arsed to watch some old clips from La Liga.
  • city_boy
    I won't quote the conversation again as I'm sure we've all seen the shocking challenge enough now. Regardless of any provocation it does not alter the facts, they are there for all to see. Aguero being nasty and "thuggish" to use your word. You can't just come out with 'oh we all know he's not like that' . Yes he plainly is when needs be. Maybe Costas game is more physical than Aguero's. What do you want? A game where there is no physical battles or confrontations? Are you even sure football is the game for you? :wink: As for sitting through that, I did ask for the evidence in England. I really can't be arsed to watch some old clips from La Liga.

You didn't even use the word 'England' in your entire post so you're talking sh1te again :wink: Anyway He's only been in England half a season :roll:
    But you could just watch the Liverpool game for two deliberate stamps on an opponent. Aguero reacted to yet another act of thuggery from Luiz, or maybe we could check out all Hazards's dives, but I haven't got time. Football is for me, just not Chelseas brand of football lead by the most classless manager in "football". :mrgreen:
    But I'm sure you're immensely proud the be a Chelsea fan, and I'm genuinely pleased for you :wink:
  • Manc33
    I'd be angry if my first name was "Kun". :lol:
  • cornerblock
    Blimey I realise you only see what you want to see but it's at the top of the page! It goes " Show me anything that Costa has done since coming to ENGLAND that even come near this" just in case you have any trouble spotting it. So the only person talking shite appears to be you. Nowt new there then. :D

As for Hazard being a diver, well I think you're making yourself sound ridiculous. He is the most fouled player in the league. I know plenty of supporters of other clubs and none have ever accused Hazard of being so. Nobody in the game has ever called him out for being a diver, only you. I think a trip to Specsavers for you. I mean do these look like the ankles of a diver?

BjHIegTCcAAoQhF.jpg:large
  • Stevo_666
    Manc33 wrote:
    I'd be angry if my first name was "Kun". :lol:
    They probably had to shorten it to fit it on the shirt :)

Reminds me of that old Three Lions video where Skinner & Baddiel were having a knock about with a bunch of German fans who had all footy shirts bearing the name of one of their mid-90's national heroes, Stefan Kuntz (see 3:00 in) :D
  • city_boy

I posted a montage of Costa's behaviour as per your request above. Where does it mention England? you really do need to start using evidence that actually backs you up :roll: :lol::lol:
  • cornerblock
    City Boy wrote:

I posted a montage of Costa's behaviour as per your request above. Where does it mention England? you really do need to start using evidence that actually backs you up :roll: :lol::lol:

Was that the first request? No it wasn't, it was a follow up to the original request which did specifically mention the word England. Look just put your hands up, you've f***ed up and are talking shite. I'll bid you goodnight now as between you and Jamie Redknapp that's quite enough tripe for one weekend. :wink:
  • city_boy
    Blimey I realise you only see what you want to see but it's at the top of the page! It goes " Show me anything that Costa has done since coming to ENGLAND that even come near this" just in case you have any trouble spotting it. So the only person talking shite appears to be you. Nowt new there then. :D

As for Hazard being a diver, well I think you're making yourself sound ridiculous. He is the most fouled player in the league. I know plenty of supporters of other clubs and none have ever accused Hazard of being so. Nobody in the game has ever called him out for being a diver, only you. I think a trip to Specsavers for you. I mean do these look like the ankles of a diver?

BjHIegTCcAAoQhF.jpg:large

Sooo, NOBODY has ever thought Hazard was a diver? Well someone has, according to this he's in the top 10 in the Premier League

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1366617-10-biggest-divers-currently-in-the-epl/page/9

So it's not just me, looks like your talking sh1te again, but it's getting to be a familiar theme now :wink:
  • city_boy
    City Boy wrote:

Was that the first request? No it wasn't, it was a follow up to the original request which did specifically mention the word England. Look just put your hands up, you've f***ed up and are talking shite. I'll bid you goodnight now as between you and Jamie Redknapp that's quite enough tripe for one weekend. :wink:

Oh Ok, I hold my hands up, sorry. I made the mistake of responding to your latest post rather than realising that you are incapable of constructing a sentence that says what you actually mean, requiring the need to check through all your previous posts in order to piece together the clues :roll: :lol:
  • Manc33
    "Lance Armstrong gives his first TV interview since doping allegations..."

...so the post-doping interview with Oprah Winfrey never happened then?

Posting here because she just said that before Match of the Day.

The BBC - more lies ahead. :roll:
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    Manc33 wrote:

It is the first British TV interview.
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • Manc33
    Chris Bass wrote:
    Manc33 wrote:

In that case she was being ignorant, or misleading.

I wouldn't mind but the interview he already did was ages ago.

Who will they interview next Salman Rushdie?! :lol:
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,930
    Manc33 wrote:
    Chris Bass wrote:
    Manc33 wrote:

In that case she was being ignorant, or misleading.

I wouldn't mind but the interview he already did was ages ago.

Who will they interview next Salman Rushdie?! :lol:

Too late, he's already been lined up by al jazeera :wink:
  • Manc33
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Too late, he's already been lined up by al jazeera :wink:

I'm impressed you're referring to it. You can never have too many alternative news sources.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,930
    Poor Harry Redknapp, not only can he not read and write, it appears he can no longer walk.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... tball.html
  • Manc33
    Get in. :twisted:

Fellaini must have been worth about £5M with Moyes. With Van Gaal he is a £30M+ player.

I take everything back I said about "If he is that good we would have tried to sign him years ago and never did".

The irony is he seems like one of the players you wouldn't take out of the team, under Moyes I wondered why he was in the team. What a difference a manager makes.