The whatever footie that's going on (with actual fans) thread

Comments

• pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,251
    I find it heartening to see a truly competitive league where the results are unpredictable.

The small teams are picking up points at the big teams expense.

I mean, even Manchester United managed to pick up a point on Saturday!
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 59,507
    tim wand wrote:
    Home and Fecked off in a lot of ways. Why oh Why did Wenger play that plank Sanogo up top?

Stevo, your right (father in law aside) the Leicester fans are a load of trogladites.

Good job Leicester Lad is missing from the forum in the great BR conspiracy.

If they don't get the cheque book out at Arsenal in the next 24 hours then we might as well beg for 4th place.

Only good point of todays game was that it must force Arsene into the market. and not the fruit and veg market Linekers family run.
    Tim, I think you answered your own question about playing Sanogo up front - what alternative did he have? Wenger has 10 hours or so to his cheque book out...

I'm happy now we've landed Rémy as a back up for Costa (as Drogba couldn't outpace a fully laden milk float), but not sure why Arsenal withdrew unless Rémy said he wasn't interested?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    PS: anyone seen that Man U have got Falcao on loan? They're only missing a defence and a central midfield now.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Good signing for west ham
  • Stevo_666
    Good signing for west ham
    Yeah but who cares? :)
  • Someone earlier was saying this thread was predominantly about the big clubs, thought I'd throw the little guy a bone. While I'm at it, falcoas a good player, but not really what they need :D
  • They've got about five players all wanting the number 10 shirt. Useless
  • pesky_jones
    pesky_jones Posts: 2,890
    edited September 2014
    Double post fail, ignore me
  • http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ytYBCOTUluo

Stevo makes an appearance close to the beginning
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,717
    :D

Didn't Linekar's fruit and veg get him into a spot of bother once upon a time?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ytYBCOTUluo

Stevo makes an appearance close to the beginning
    I'm sure you're in there somewhere Pesky:

22517.jpg
  • pinno
    I think you caught a big fish there Pesky. Pity it's inedible.
  • pinno
    Please Mr Wenger, sign a player above 5 foot tall who can score goals before midnight.
  • tim_wand
    tim_wand Posts: 2,552
    Please Mr Wenger, sign a player above 5 foot tall who can score goals before midnight.

Wenger needs to sign all those players the Chelski fans have heard off. Probably less fictional than most of the French La Ligue 2 players Remi Garde finds him.
  • Stevo_666
    http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2014/sep/01/arsene-wenger-arsenal-transfer-deadline-day-charity-match-rome
    Looks like he's trying to get God on his side. Didn't anyone tell him that we've already signed Diego Costa? :)
  • city_boy
    city_boy Posts: 1,616

At least Wellbeck is over 5 foot tall! One out two ain't bad :D
    Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarves are not happy.
  • I can only guess Sanogo has blackmail pictures of Wenger with some ladyboys, it's the only rational conclusion for his selection. I suspect I'm in a minority but I've a feeling Welbeck will do ok at Arsenal but then I'm not a supporter who's paying their ludicrous ticket prices so can afford a more open view on it.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,251
    Aren't all goals scored before midnight?
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • tim_wand
    tim_wand Posts: 2,552
    I think Pina has hit on something? When you look at most Arsenal forwards they are about the same height and build as Gizmo the Mogwai!! I reckon we could do with dipping them in water and feeding them after midnight they might toughen up a bit then.
  • Stevo_666
    PBlakeney wrote:
    Aren't all goals scored before midnight?
    True, although the deadline was 11pm :P

Seems to me that there's a correlation between getting your buying done before the deadline day and how well a team is expected to do. Chelski were all done by the weekend and had sorted most of their business before the season kicked off: apart from offloading Negredo yesterday, City were pretty much done a while ago.
  • pinno
    Man ooo have signed so many players that it will be a very different team. How long will it take to get a large bunch of players new to the set up playing well together very quickly? Already played 4 (3 league games) and if they don't start playing well soon, it's league over and another year out of CL. I do no think they have a snow flakes chance in hell of winning the league.
    Of course QPR at home isn't going to be much opposition and no doubt the MU 4sre sucking press/LVG will claim all the signings for the result.

The excitement of watching MU crash and burn is as good as the league itself.

Arsenals secret training methods have been leaked:

31850eZVTzL.jpg
  • Stevo_666
    Man ooo have signed so many players that it will be a very different team. How long will it take to get a large bunch of players new to the set up playing well together very quickly? Already played 4 (3 league games) and if they don't start playing well soon, it's league over and another year out of CL. I do no think they have a snow flakes chance in hell of winning the league.
    Of course QPR at home isn't going to be much opposition and no doubt the MU 4sre sucking press/LVG will claim all the signings for the result.

The excitement of watching MU crash and burn is as good as the league itself.
    Have a look at Spurs - they bought about 7 expensive players at the start of last season with the Bale money and they still haven't got their s*** together properly. Can't see how Man U will finish in a CL position even now, but a proper implosion will be good to watch.
  • pinno
    Took City 8 managers, £toomanywadstomention and 10 years to win a league.
  • city_boy

Sheikh Mansour bought City FIVE years ago and we have had 3 managers in that time. We have two premier leagues (1st after 3 years) an FA Cup and a League Cup in those 5 years. And yes we have spent a few quid :D
  • pinno
    City Boy wrote:

Sheikh Mansour bought City FIVE years ago and we have had 3 managers in that time. We have two premier leagues (1st after 3 years) an FA Cup and a League Cup in those 5 years. And yes we have spent a few quid :D

What's 5 managers between friends?

The push by city started with Eriksson, Pearce and what's that Stoke manager's name...surely?
  • city_boy
    I think the expectation for City to win the league only came with the current owner's investment. When he bought the club clueless Hughes was in charge. Mancini followed and then Pelligrini....so only 3!

It p1sses me off somewhat that the media (pundits/tossers like Jamie Rednapp) we're coming out with things like anything less than winning the league would be seen as failure given the amount of money City have spent. Yet despite spending over £200m in the last 12 months and assembling the most expensive squad, they claim that finishing 4th would be a success for Manyoooooo.......go figure :roll:
  • Stevo_666
    Does anyone honestly think that Manure will finish 4th this season? Their central midfield and defence are still crap and that's where they really needed strengthening. I am going to try my best to go see Chelski v Manure at The Bridge this season.
  • city_boy
    Is it just me or does anyone else think international football is just an unwelcome interruption to proper (Premier League) football?

Especially when England is involved. I wasn't that interested before, but since Grannyshagger was was made captain, I really really couldn't give a toss!
  • Stevo_666
    Yep, I'm waiting for the real action to resume next weekend. England being rubbish doesn't exactly help either.
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Hate international breaks.

On the plus side what a joy smashing spurs last weekend after they all thought they were on the up after beating qpr. United with falcao, great signing, has scored more penalties than I thought, but still doesn't solve the issue of the middle or defence.

Chelsea and City still look like the top two, though it was pleasing to see Chelsea ship some goals versus Everton

Finally sterling to become a galactico in a few years when Ronaldo is old
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy