The whatever footie that's going on (with actual fans) thread

Comments

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 59,507
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    ...but who in the Arsenal squad do you class as a striker (who is fit to play)? :)

Alexis Alejandro Sanchez
    In Fantasy football he's a midfielder - seems you're copying last years Chelsea set up :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pesky_jones
    pesky_jones Posts: 2,890
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    ...but who in the Arsenal squad do you class as a striker (who is fit to play)? :)

Alexis Alejandro Sanchez
    In Fantasy football...

What the hell stevo
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,717
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Alexis Alejandro Sanchez
    In Fantasy football he's a midfielder - seems you're copying last years Chelsea set up :)

Here is the list of Arsenal goal scorers:

Ozil
    Cazorla
    Wilshere
    Ramsey
    Sanchez
    (Not a striker in sight)

Giroud is not nearly good enough and we still need a world class striker.

What's happening in the last minute transfer window?
    Apart from the RM reject to the rejects. They need a defence and a midfield and 2 wingers with pace and a decent modern innovative manager. I hope they get well and truly farqed over this season by Arsenal, Everton, Tottenham, Liverpool, City, Crystal Palace, Lei...
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Alexis Alejandro Sanchez
    In Fantasy football...

What the hell stevo
    Someone at work who plays FF told me...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    More good Man U news...apparently Di Maria cost more than Burnley have spent on players in their entire history and they still only managed a goalless draw :D
  • pesky_jones
    OoOoO will Costa play? What's that? Torres?
  • Stevo_666
    Pesky, I thought you'd be a Chelski supporter for today at least. I mean, Liverpool are going to every bit of help they can get to finish above Everton this season :wink:
  • pesky_jones
    And arsenal, and spurs. You say that, but we did actually finish above you last year so...
  • Stevo_666
    And arsenal, and spurs. You say that, but we did actually finish above you last year so...
    You're so ungrateful, there we are at Goodison giving them a good kicking :) . The least you can do in return is get a decent result against Spurs tomorrow - we need as many of the title contenders as possible to drop a few points early on.
  • Stevo_666
    City Boy wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    City Boy wrote:
    I quite enjoyed 'adopting' a smaller club for the day, it was fun.
    Next week I have randomly selected Burnley to give my temporary support :lol:
    I think you're onto something here. I'll go for Stoke on Saturday and Liverpool on Sunday :D

Good to see you're sticking with the theme of supporting the small, unfashionable clubs :D
    This 'adopt a small club' thing seems to be working remarkably well so far :mrgreen:
  • city_boy
    city_boy Posts: 1,616
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    City Boy wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    City Boy wrote:
    I quite enjoyed 'adopting' a smaller club for the day, it was fun.
    Next week I have randomly selected Burnley to give my temporary support :lol:
    I think you're onto something here. I'll go for Stoke on Saturday and Liverpool on Sunday :D

Good to see you're sticking with the theme of supporting the small, unfashionable clubs :D
    This 'adopt a small club' thing seems to be working remarkably well so far :mrgreen:

Yes, so it would seem :cry:

Burnley did us proud!

Stoke came with a game plan and it paid off, fair play to 'em.

Looking like the match officials are doing their best to secure the 3 points for Chelski :wink:
    Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarves are not happy.
  • Stevo_666
    Boring, boring Chelsea... :wink:
  • Stevo_666
    No wonder you're crap at fantasy football :P
  • city_boy
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Smug break for Stevo :wink:
  • Stevo_666
    City Boy wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

So did the ref score all six of our goals? :P

And if the ref was on our side, why do you reckon he didn't send Howard off for handling outside his area with only 8 minutes played? Imagine the scoreline if that had happened...lucky Everton :wink:
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    One more like this and I'm officially joining the Van Gaal fan club.
  • Stevo_666
    johnfinch wrote:
    One more like this and I'm officially joining the Van Gaal fan club.
    Next up - QPR at Old Trafford. And they haven't had a decent opponent yet with the possible exception of Swansea. Looking forward to you changing your sig next month :)
  • city_boy
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    City Boy wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

And if the ref was on our side, why do you reckon he didn't send Howard off for handling outside his area with only 8 minutes played? Imagine the scoreline if that had happened...lucky Everton :wink:

TBF I didn't see the game. I only caught the replay of the offside goal that was given.
    I can't deny you're looking strong at the moment....just hope it doesn't last :mrgreen:
  • Stevo_666
    City Boy wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    City Boy wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

TBF I didn't see the game. I only caught the replay of the offside goal that was given.
    I can't deny you're looking strong at the moment....just hope it doesn't last :mrgreen:
    MOTD at 10.20 - watch it if you dare :twisted:
  • city_boy
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    City Boy wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    City Boy wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Would love to but doing Mcr100 tomorrow so early night for me :wink:
  • Stevo_666
    City Boy wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Would love to but doing Mcr100 tomorrow so early night for me :wink:
    Fair enough, you wouldn't want to have nightmares before a big event :)
  • tim_wand
    tim_wand Posts: 2,552
    Taking the Father in Law to Leicester (King Power) should be fecking Filbert Street tomorrow to watch the Gooners.

Hes a life long Leicester fan and I ve got to go in the away end, good job He's 6ft 10 I m hopefully gonna need some protection when we do em!!!

P.s Stevo I told you to be weary of that Everton game, You'd have had to take your shoes and sock off to keep score if it got any better and you can be sure some scouse git would have nicked em. :D
  • Stevo_666
    tim wand wrote:
    P.s Stevo I told you to be weary of that Everton game, You'd have had to take your shoes and sock off to keep score if it got any better and you can be sure some scouse git would have nicked em. :D
    :lol:

Awesome game. Even the songs were good - Lukaku was clearly pi$$ed off when the Chelsea fans started singing 'Fernando Torres, he's better than you' :D

PS: keep your gob shut at Leicester, from what I saw at The Bridge last weekend, their supporters make Liverpool fans look polite and sophisticated :shock:
  • pesky_jones
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Costa is my vice captain so apparently not :wink: sterling is my captain so been a good week on ff :D turns out maybe it won't be so much of challenge to finish above spurs. Three goals conceded though Steve? Not so good
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Costa is my vice captain so apparently not :wink: sterling is my captain so been a good week on ff :D turns out maybe it won't be so much of challenge to finish above spurs. Three goals conceded though Steve? Not so good
    Yep, 3 conceded isn't great but still an emphatic win.

Thanks for putting Spurs back in their box BTW :)
  • pesky_jones
    Balotelli looks great, he was strugling with excitement coming on to the pitch. If it was a month in, he could have a couple goals in that match. I'm excited - hopefully a good season :) and thank you for Everton. Can't belive I'm thanking a Chelsea supporter eurgh
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,947
    Balotelli looks great, he was strugling with excitement coming on to the pitch. If it was a month in, he could have a couple goals in that match. I'm excited - hopefully a good season :) and thank you for Everton. Can't belive I'm thanking a Chelsea supporter eurgh

wash your mouth out :)
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,717
    "Di Maria cost more than the total transfer budget of Burnley in their entire history" He hee.

F*ck knows what Arsenal were playing at. Should've stuffed them.

Chelski do leak goals...
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    "Di Maria cost more than the total transfer budget of Burnley in their entire history" He hee.

F*ck knows what Arsenal were playing at. Should've stuffed them.

Chelski do leak goals...
    Arsenal really need a decent striker, you've got the same problem we had last year. Otherwise you'll carry on leaking points.

In the meantime, we'll settle for 9 points out of 9 and the best goal difference in the league :wink:
  • tim_wand
    tim_wand Posts: 2,552
    Home and Fecked off in a lot of ways. Why oh Why did Wenger play that plank Sanogo up top?

Stevo, your right (father in law aside) the Leicester fans are a load of trogladites.

Good job Leicester Lad is missing from the forum in the great BR conspiracy.

If they don't get the cheque book out at Arsenal in the next 24 hours then we might as well beg for 4th place.

Only good point of todays game was that it must force Arsene into the market. and not the fruit and veg market Linekers family run.