The whatever footie that's going on (with actual fans) thread

Comments

• pesky_jones
    pesky_jones Posts: 2,890
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pesky, you still don't get it do you. Never said Suarez wasn't world class, I said Balotelli wasn't world class. The price tag speaks volumes.

Anyway, we had a good old sing song this afternoon at Stamford Bridge. Good luck with your next game, you'll need it. Actually, can you draw with them please :wink:

I thought you were saying he'd be world class if he wasn't a liability. I see now lol. I think he has the potential to be world class.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 59,374
    If Rodgers can get him to behave and be consistent, maybe. But nobody else has managed it to date, including Mourinho and Mancini. Eto'o could be a smart back up move though.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pesky_jones
    pesky_jones Posts: 2,890
    Yeah. We'll just stick him in the reserves if he does act up :wink: Pretty sure we can terminate if he does as well. Maybe taking a massive pay cut will open his eyes - but to be honest I'm doubtfull. Did you see him in training for Milan? He wasn't interested one bit.
  • Stevo_666
    Yeah. We'll just stick him in the reserves if he does act up :wink: Pretty sure we can terminate if he does as well. Maybe taking a massive pay cut will open his eyes - but to be honest I'm doubtfull. Did you see him in training for Milan? He wasn't interested one bit.
    I think we agree he's a gamble.

Anyway, today went well for us (even if the first half was a bit crap). Saw the Gooners salvaged a jammy draw, but looks like our main competition currently is Swansea :lol:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tim_wand
    tim_wand Posts: 2,552
    Didn't Everton do you 1-0 at Goodison last season? Better than our 3-0 for sure, but well take the point today!

Lukaku will be eligible and with a point to prove, hope he's fit.
  • Stevo_666
    tim wand wrote:
    Didn't Everton do you 1-0 at Goodison last season? Better than our 3-0 for sure, but well take the point today!

Yep they did. Everton away will be a tough match for sure. Based on recent results, I'm looking forward to playing Arsenal much more :wink:
  • tim_wand
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    tim wand wrote:

Yep they did. Everton away will be a tough match for sure. Based on recent results, I'm looking forward to playing Arsenal much more :wink:

Look just because I brought up last seasons results there was no need for you to mention that :lol:
  • Stevo_666
    I suppose it was a bit harsh :) Looking at it analytically though, there's a lot to learn from the last Chelsea - Arsenal game - here's a heat map from the match (Chelsea are playing right to left):

NruehBm.jpg

:mrgreen:
  • tim_wand
    Yep a massive penis against the Arse, about sums it up.

Glad you got Drogba back, he always plays shite against us :D
  • Stevo_666
    tim wand wrote:
    Yep a massive penis against the ars*, about sums it up.

Glad you got Drogba back, he always plays shite against us :D
    I suspect Fabregas will play well against you :wink:
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,673
    Good point for us away at Everton. Martinez has made Goodison park a bit of a fortress. The 4rse played crap for the first 45 mins and then Everton seemed to rest on their laurels. If we can play poorly and still get points, things are looking up. I think Sanchez hasn't quite got into his stride yet.
    The image i have when I think of Giroud is him holding his head in his hands, I am veering on the side of wanting him to go.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Similar thing at Chelski yesterday - not good in the first half and quite tense, but second half was a different story.

Looks like Spurs are going top on goal diff today. Let's hope Manure continue to have a 'Moyes moment' later on, then finchy can start up the Louis van Gaal fan club.
  • city_boy
    city_boy Posts: 1,616
    This thread does seem to be a bit top heavy with fans of the big clubs, with the smaller clubs being somewhat under-represented!
    So, just to bring some balance, I'm going to be a fan of one of the smaller, less fashionable clubs for the day.

COME ON YOU MACKEMS!!!!!
    Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarves are not happy.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    City Boy wrote:
    This thread does seem to be a bit top heavy with fans of the big clubs, with the smaller clubs being somewhat under-represented!
    So, just to bring some balance, I'm going to be a fan of one of the smaller, less fashionable clubs for the day.

COME ON YOU MACKEMS!!!!!

I think we all share your sentiment.
  • Stevo_666
    City Boy wrote:

COME ON YOU MACKEMS!!!!!
    Despite also being a part time 'Boro supporter due family footballing connections, I think I'll join you for today :D
  • Stevo_666
    Paging finchy to the thread... :)
  • I'm guessing David Moyes isn't looking so inept now.

And watching Ozil instead of Fabregas every week must be galling.
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 3,977
    Man United dubbed the archeologists of the premier league as their season lies in ruins.
  • pinno
    Wahey:

# Team G P
    1 Tottenham 2 6
    2 Chelsea 2 6
    3 Swansea 2 6
    4 Arsenal 2 4
    5 Hull 2 4
    6 Aston Villa 2 4
    7 Manchester City 1 3
    8 West Ham 2 3
    9 Liverpool 1 3
    10 Everton 2 2
    11 Sunderland 2 2
    12 West Bromwich 2 2
    13 Manchester United 2 1
    14 Stoke 2 1
    15 Southampton 2 1
    16 Leicester 2 1
    17 Newcastle 2 1
    18 Crystal Palace 2 0
    19 Burnley 2 0
    20 Queens P.R. 2 0

How long will we let it go on until we start a 'Please don't sack Louis' thread?
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Bottom 3 may not change much all season.
  • Stevo_666
    I see Arsenal have already assumed their rightful position in the league table.

I predict more fun watching Man U this season.

lvg.jpg

Triangle-Joke1.jpg
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    I'm starting to have the same sort of man-love for Van Gaal that I had for Moyes last season.

I actually really hope that Bolton make a move for Moyes. We've had crap manager after crap manager, now one's available who has a decent track record with smaller clubs, we should get his agent on the phone ASAP.
  • Stevo_666
    johnfinch wrote:
    now one's available who has a decent track record with smaller clubs, we should get his agent on the phone ASAP.
    You trying to butter up the Liverpool fans on here or something? :wink:
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    johnfinch wrote:
    now one's available who has a decent track record with smaller clubs, we should get his agent on the phone ASAP.
    You trying to butter up the Liverpool fans on here or something? :wink:

I thought that if I'm nice to them they won't burgle my house.
  • tim_wand
    Fair point about this thread being top four heavy (United aside of course)

Had the pleasure of seeing Leicester play this season and going again on Sunday for the Arsenal game, Must say I ve been pretty impressed, the old adage that the difference is taking your chances at this level is certainly true.

And thus far its been entertaining watching the Walrus Alardyce play to his brief from the board of entertaining football.

I know what you say Pina about the image of Giroud holding his head in his hands, but we need him to hold play up top for one of the dwarves to run onto.

If we get through Wednesday night then hopefully we can bring in a top class DM and Striker, otherwise 4th looks the sum of our ambitions again.

Well done Sunderland, made my weekend!!
  • city_boy
    I quite enjoyed 'adopting' a smaller club for the day, it was fun.
    Next week I have randomly selected Burnley to give my temporary support :lol:
  • pinno
    tim wand wrote:
    Fair point about this thread being top four heavy (United aside of course)

I know what you say Pina about the image of Giroud holding his head in his hands, but we need him to hold play up top for one of the dwarves to run onto.

Put Laurent Koscielny up front. Is Mertesacker staying or going?
  • Stevo_666
    City Boy wrote:
    I think you're onto something here. I'll go for Stoke on Saturday and Liverpool on Sunday :D
  • city_boy
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    City Boy wrote:
    I think you're onto something here. I'll go for Stoke on Saturday and Liverpool on Sunday :D

Good to see you're sticking with the theme of supporting the small, unfashionable clubs :D
  • Stevo_666
    After tonight it's a bit of a sympathy vote :)