The whatever footie that's going on (with actual fans) thread

Comments

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 59,382
    City Boy wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    I'll just go for the real one, ta - more chance of winning :wink:

Didn't realise you were a Man City fan too, Stevo!
    Good man :wink:
    I walked into that one didn't I. Should be a good two horse race this year :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • city_boy
    city_boy Posts: 1,616
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    City Boy wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Didn't realise you were a Man City fan too, Stevo!
    Good man :wink:
    I walked into that one didn't I. Should be a good two horse race this year :)

Can't disagree. It's only one game in but City and Chelsea look the strongest by a fair margin. Chelsea will be really efficient and tough to beat this season, if a little boring (don't think the Burnley keeper had one save to make 2nd half!)
    Keeping Costa fit will be the key.

City will be more entertaining and score more goals. If their defence settles then who knows? It's too close to call in my book.
    Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarves are not happy.
  • pesky_jones
    pesky_jones Posts: 2,890
    Stevo 666 wrote:

It isn't about winning stevo, it's about enjoying football. Oh don't worry, trying to explain that concept to you is almost definitely pointless isn't it :wink:
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,675
    Stevo 666 wrote:

It isn't about winning stevo, it's about enjoying football. Oh don't worry, trying to explain that concept to you is almost definitely pointless isn't it :wink:

It's very hard to enjoy the sort of footie that Chelski plays, so the only thing for them is the hope that they can win the league. Despite some big results, they didn't win a thing last year so that explains partly why he's such a miserable basket.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo 666 wrote:

I know but I don't like losing and whenever I've gone in for a fantasy league I've been crap at it.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    It's very hard to enjoy the sort of footie that Chelski plays, so the only thing for them is the hope that they can win the league. Despite some big results, they didn't win a thing last year so that explains partly why he's such a miserable basket.
    I expect you to be near suicidal this year :wink:

Nothing interesting in that Chelski Burnley match? How about the Fabregas assist - sublime.
  • pesky_jones
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

I know but I don't like losing and whenever I've gone in for a fantasy league I've been crap at it.

So am I and I came second from.bottom last year in work league but it's still fun
  • Stevo_666
    Pesky, the other problem is I never get the time to manage a fantasy team let alone keep up with the 'form' of the players - like my fantasy DH team - unchanged since the downhill season kicked off :oops: Sone of the lads at work are in one and they're on it every day.
  • pinno
    Fantasy downhill league ?! that is scraping the barrel. I've hear it all now. Is that practice for future dementia?

You cannot say Arsenal play boring football.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,929
    Fantasy downhill league ?!

its just about Man Utd
  • Stevo_666
    matthew h wrote:
    Fantasy downhill league ?!

its just about Man Utd
    Apparently they're selling out of Man U branded sledges in the Manure club shop because nothing else goes downhill quite that fast.
  • Stevo_666
    Fantasy downhill league ?! that is scraping the barrel. I've hear it all now. Is that practice for future dementia?
    Yep, have a gander in the CC. I will post and educational video for you shortly :wink:
    You cannot say Arsenal play boring football.
    Couldn't agree more, the last time we played the Ar$e, you played some very 'interesting' fooball. A bit like the footy version of suicide chess :wink:
  • pinno
    I hear Chelski got a big electricity bill. Someone left the lights on in the Trophy room 2 years and 3 months ago.
  • Stevo_666
    Deepsea.JPG
  • pesky_jones
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    nathancom wrote:
    Enjoy it while Costa is fit, because then you will have Torres up front :D
    At least we've got a world class striker :wink:

Not the only ones :wink:
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    nathancom wrote:
    Enjoy it while Costa is fit, because then you will have Torres up front :D
    At least we've got a world class striker :wink:

Not the only ones :wink:
    I said striker, not liability :lol:
  • pesky_jones
    He's still world class when he plays. When. :D By your logic, Suarez also isnt a world class footballer :wink:
  • Stevo_666
    He's still world class when he plays. When. :D By your logic, Suarez also isnt a world class footballer :wink:
    Suarez is way more consistent on the pitch than Balotelli - he just had an unfortunate taste for defenders :) The other big difference is that Suarez now plays for a world class team :P
  • pinno
    Breaking news: Et'o undergoes medical for Liverpool. Balotelli and Et'o? wtf?
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    I expect you to be near suicidal this year :wink:

Nothing interesting in that Chelski Burnley match? How about the Fabregas assist - sublime.

Yep, learnt his trade with Wenger.

Whilst I am here, Soldado has not had the service in the box (oo er) that he had in La Liga. 95% of his goals in Spain were scored in the penalty box. If Pottecino can get Tots to play football like Southampton, it could be a dangerous squad because player for player they are a much better outfit than the Saints. Not that they will challenge for the title though :D
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Yep, learnt his trade with Wenger.
    He might just come back to bite The Ar$e :) Edit: this from the BBC website: "and Cesc Fabregas looked like he's returned to England an even better player than the one who left."

Anyhow, I'm off up to Stamford Bridge tomorrow afternoon to get my first footy fix of the season. Hopefully Leicester will behave and play their role of PL whipping boys.
  • pinno
    Don't understand Fabregas. Whinged a bit about not being happy at Arsenal and wanted to return to his roots*. Went back and didn't appear much for Barca. It would appear that he is a better player (especially against Burnley) because he has got some motivation back after being on the subs bench too much. Apart from the last 2 seasons, Fabregas played some great football don't forget.

*Could have all been media shyte.
  • Stevo_666
    He was good anough at Arsenal. Heard he was played out of position at Barca? And maybe wanted to be an automatic starter. In any event, happy to have him, he's class.
  • pesky_jones
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Suarez is way more consistent on the pitch than Balotelli - he just had an unfortunate taste for defenders :) The other big difference is that Suarez now plays for a world class team :P

Consistent? First of you said striker, then you said liability. I think you need to be consistent :wink: If you think being banned for like 20 matches, and then receiving a four month ban after that isn't a liability crack on.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Consistent? First of you said striker, then you said liability. I think you need to be consistent :wink: If you think being banned for like 20 matches, and then receiving a four month ban after that isn't a liability crack on.
    I was saying Balotelli was a liability. If you're saying Suarez is a liability as well, I'm fine with that - all it means is that Liverpool has swapped one liability for a less talented one :wink:
  • pinno
    If Sewerarez started the season at Liverpool, maybe that would have been the difference between winning and loosing the league. Not as much as a problem at Barca and it is becoming a phenomenon in that if we don't have the player...
  • Stevo_666
    Lots of what ifs but that's just tough really. Anyhow, got a train to catch to Stamford Bridge shortly 8)
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 3,977
    Don't understand Fabregas. Whinged a bit about not being happy at Arsenal and wanted to return to his roots*. Went back and didn't appear much for Barca. It would appear that he is a better player (especially against Burnley) because he has got some motivation back after being on the subs bench too much. Apart from the last 2 seasons, Fabregas played some great football don't forget.

*Could have all been media shyte.

Fabregas wanted to leave to win something didn't he? Wenger wasn't going to sell him to a domestic rival, Serie A is pants and so the only real other option was back to Barca. Turns out he didn't win much there either, he obviously thought he'd be playing more when he made the move.
  • pesky_jones
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

I was saying Balotelli was a liability. If you're saying Suarez is a liability as well, I'm fine with that - all it means is that Liverpool has swapped one liability for a less talented one :wink:

Huh? I said balotelli is a world class striker. You said no, he's a liability. If being a liability means your not a world class striker, that means balotelli and Suarez aren't world class players. And you were calling Liverpool fans dumb :wink:
  • Stevo_666
    Pesky, you still don't get it do you. Never said Suarez wasn't world class, I said Balotelli wasn't world class. The price tag speaks volumes.

Anyway, we had a good old sing song this afternoon at Stamford Bridge. Good luck with your next game, you'll need it. Actually, can you draw with them please :wink: