The whatever footie that's going on (with actual fans) thread

Comments

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 59,532
    tim wand wrote:
    Okay, What a great premiership season!

Congratulations Man City.

Thank you for something different and hard luck Liverpool.

Welcome back Mourinho and thanks for making it "interesting" by being "boring"

Spurs thanks for showing everyone how to blow £100 million (priceless)

Man U just thanks for the best laugh I ve had in Years

Everton (probably my favourite team of the season) except when spanking Arsenal 3-0

I m a goner and will take 4th ( why not we're used to it now) and a F.A cup (Unlucky Hull you were amazingly scary)
    Blimey, a remarkably balanced and accurate summary of the Premier League. Now let's get back to some blatant tribalism and slagging each other off :D
    tim wand wrote:
    The point I want to make is so many top level sports bring in a handicap system to create a level playing field, And I do think its getting a bit too much now with the likes of Man City, Chelsea. Arsenal Liverpool et al, will always have budgets beyond 75% of their league competitors as with P.S.G in France or Barca and Real in Spain and Bayern in Germany so will Financial Fair Play ever work when the punishments for non compliance are mainly financial?
    FFP is a European thing not a Premier league thing - so while the financial penalties hit a team overall, the non-financial sanctions like reduced squad size only bite at the euro level. It's not meant to work in the EPL.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    BndNzl-CYAAjZ-D.jpg:large
  • Stevo_666
    Ballysmate wrote:
    BndNzl-CYAAjZ-D.jpg:large
    Never knew you went to footy matches Bally?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • ballysmate
    Yeah, that's me, holding the green barrier rail up. :wink:
  • ballysmate
    Get it into the box takes on a whole new meaning.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/worldc ... erees.html
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,720
    Ballysmate wrote:

Where can you get tickets to the next one?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • nathancom
    nathancom Posts: 1,567
    Ballysmate wrote:

Where can you get tickets to the next one?
    shit not very safe for work
  • Stevo_666
    Ballysmate wrote:

As does dribble or shoot.
  • pinno
    Bye bye Lampard

http://www.asportsnews.com/football-new ... e-history/

Look at Henry's Appearances to goals ratio whilst your at it.
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    Some achievement for a midfield player to make it into that bracket. A really nice guy, and an intelligent footballer too, which is nice! He'll be missed, well by me he will!
  • Stevo_666
    Bye bye Lampard

Apparently Chelsea are going to buy Fabregas to replace him - if that happens, he'll have moved up in the World considerably since the last time he played in the EPL :wink:
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Bye bye Lampard

Apparently Chelsea are going to buy Fabregas to replace him - if that happens, he'll have moved up in the World considerably since the last time he played in the EPL :wink:

According to Yahoo Blahoo: Aguero requested a transfer, Kolarov is going to Madrid, Fabregas is going to Arsenal if Cazorla gets his way... It's all hocus pocus until the deals are done.
  • Stevo_666
    Let's see then - apparently Arsenal can't afford him.

Costa is as good as in the bag. Roll on August...
  • pinno
    Mourinho's 2nd spell at Chelski has got damp squib written all over it.
  • Stevo_666
    Not quite as disappointing as Wenger's first spell in charge of Arsenal...
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Not quite as disappointing as Wenger's first spell in charge of Arsenal...

When the gooners play well, it is the beautiful game. Besides, how many trophies did your lot win last season Bowler hat man?

Was this you on your way to work this morning?

They're taking the p1ss (out of you)
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Bye bye Lampard

According to Yahoo Blahoo: Aguero requested a transfer, Kolarov is going to Madrid, Fabregas is going to Arsenal if Cazorla gets his way... It's all hocus pocus until the deals are done.
    Hocus pocus eh? :wink:
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Not overly happy with Cesc going to Chelsea, oh well at least united have still done nothing this window.
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • nathancom
    Mourinho better win a trophy now, no excuses or my little pony metaphors this year.
  • Stevo_666
    It's us or Sh1tty - the rest have had their chance...
  • pinno
    If Liverpool had 2 world class defenders and if they had a world class defensive coach, then they would be in the mix.

If we had bread we could have bread and butter if we had butter.
  • Stevo_666
    If Liverpool had 2 world class defenders and if they had a world class defensive coach, then they would be in the mix.

If we had bread we could have bread and butter if we had butter.
    They don't and you don't :wink:
  • nathancom
    Liverpool finished above Chelsea without any of those. Lambert could prove a very astute buy.

Looks like Brazil are certain champions if they keep getting decisions like that penalty. Ridiculous, hope Croatia equalise.
  • Stevo_666
    nathancom wrote:
    Liverpool finished above Chelsea without any of those.
    Every dog has his day :wink:

In other news, the Spain - Holland match was a good 'un.
  • pesky_jones
    pesky_jones Posts: 2,890
    I think that header by van persie is going to be one of the best goals in the world cup. Robben was on form as well, took his time with it.
  • pesky_jones
    Soooo Suarez, Suarez, Suarez what will we do with you.

I think theres something wrong with him such as a primitive animal instinct. He just fills up with adrenaline and rages out. Maybe its what makes him good :D I cant think of any other reason other than he doesnt have control. Hmm will we see him next season?
  • nathancom
    Just glad he plays for Liverpool, I bet defenders will give him a little bit extra room.

I love the way he sprinted from about 20 yards away just to bite him.
  • Stevo_666
    For a start, put a muzzle on him - or maybe one of those Hannibal Lecter masks when he's playing :) The UK needs some new legislation to protect defenders wearing blue - maybe they should call it the 'Dangerous Dorks Act' ?
  • nathancom
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    The UK needs some new legislation to protect defenders wearing blue - maybe they should call it the 'Dangerous Dorks Act' ?

:D

He needs to read this book

Bq7WlLMIYAEh4kh_zpse45370a4.jpg

By the way, Mike Tyson is wonderful company.
  • pesky_jones
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    For a start, put a muzzle on him - or maybe one of those Hannibal Lecter masks when he's playing :)

su_zps34b1a7e8.png