The whatever footie that's going on (with actual fans) thread

Comments

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,772
    Interesting - I'm not sure how Chelsea got anywhere near the top though. A World Cup version might be a bit depressing...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,478
    It's all gone quiet over there...

Oh, and that linky that Cornerblock posted doesn't work!
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    It's all gone quiet over there...

Oh, and that linky that Cornerblock posted doesn't work!
    Well done the Ar$e.

Trophy will look a bit lonely in the cabinet - at least you don't need to sell it :)

emirates-trophy-cabinet_835475.jpg
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    Had a better season than Chelski.
  • Stevo_666
    Chelsea 6 - Arsenal 0
    If you define a better season by getting your ass kicked very badly, yes :)

Can we play you every week? :D
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Chelsea 6 - Arsenal 0
    If you define a better season by getting your ass kicked very badly, yes :)

Can we play you every week? :D

I knew you would bring something twattish up like that.

Imagine getting beaten by Crystal Palace, Aston Villa, Sunderland (at home), drawing with no hopers Norwich and in the meantime getting dumped (at home) by Atletico out of CL ? Blew the league big time against minor teams.

I'll say it again - we had a better season than Chelski.
  • Stevo_666
    A good season is relative. By Arsenals' low standards you had a good season 'cos you're used to winning nout. By our own high standards we didn't because we're used to winning stuff pretty much every year.

We tonked you 6-0 without the benefit of a decent striker: just imagine what'll happen when we have a couple of them :twisted:

I'll say it again, can we play you every week? :wink:
  • Bloody Hull
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • tomisitt
    tomisitt Posts: 257
    Chelsea? ShIt club, no history. Classless club, classless manager. Nothing without Roman's roubles.
  • nathancom
    nathancom Posts: 1,567
    Well done on winning the Fark All Cup
  • Stevo_666
    tomisitt wrote:
    Chelsea? shoot club, no history. Classless club, classless manager. Nothing without Roman's roubles.
    Tell us all about your great, classy & historical club then :lol:
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    tomisitt wrote:
    Chelsea? shoot club, no history. Classless club, classless manager. Nothing without Roman's roubles.

You're a gobshite. Try reading more.

http://www.chelseafc.com
  • pinno
    arsene-wenger-celeb.ashx
  • pinno
    491774187-2-640x380.jpg
  • pinno
    2014-05-17T194202Z_687925189_LR2EA5H1IPSOK_RTRMADP_3_SOCCER-ENGLAND-CUP.JPG
  • tim_wand
    tim_wand Posts: 2,552
    The "Farkl All Cup" , Hmmm. the longest running football competition of all time!

Fair enough we ain t setting the world on fire, but I am a bit feed up with Teams and "Fans" who see no value in anything but the premiership or the champions league.

I am a Gooner and very proud that we have won this great competition a record equalling 11th time ( the fact that it has broke our 10 year trophy hiatus is just a bonus).

In a sense I would have been equally pleased for Hull if they had have won because they would have seen some real pride in winning the competition for their first time and it would have meant something to them (Deservedly so)

Rather than some Chelski or Man Sheiski thinking that the money they have spent should have bought them more.

We are a big club , who spend big money, who expect success, and that's why I love the F.A cup when a Wigan can beat a Man City. And Hull can scare the shit out of Arsenal, something like 496 clubs enter the draw and really don t think its Fark All to any of them.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,923
    What?
    No John Terry?
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • nathancom
    Apparently Guardiola is new favourite for Manu U job based on his man 'management' skills:

https://vine.co/v/MXYYmeDdg2I
  • nathancom
    tim wand wrote:
    The "Farkl All Cup" , Hmmm. the longest running football competition of all time!

Fair enough we ain t setting the world on fire, but I am a bit feed up with Teams and "Fans" who see no value in anything but the premiership or the champions league.

I am a Gooner and very proud that we have won this great competition a record equalling 11th time ( the fact that it has broke our 10 year trophy hiatus is just a bonus).

In a sense I would have been equally pleased for Hull if they had have won because they would have seen some real pride in winning the competition for their first time and it would have meant something to them (Deservedly so)

Rather than some Chelski or Man Sheiski thinking that the money they have spent should have bought them more.

We are a big club , who spend big money, who expect success, and that's why I love the F.A cup when a Wigan can beat a Man City. And Hull can scare the shoot out of Arsenal, something like 496 clubs enter the draw and really don t think its Fark All to any of them.
    I was just being a gobshite for a change. It is important that you won a trophy, Liverpool were pleased to win the League Cup a couple of years back as it retains that sense of entitlement within the club. In monetary terms the FA cup can't compete with 4th place but that doesn't make 4th place into a trophy.

It doesn't matter how you won; your players will view themselves as winners now and that is all that matters for next season.
  • tim_wand
    And for those of you wanting some history,

http://www.theguardian.com/football/dat ... -125-years

Arsenal F.C the only team continuously in the top flight and other than Preston North End in 1880 the only team to go a whole season undefeated 2003-04 ( and that will forever be consigned to history because no one can match the former and no one will ever equal the later) Except Preston North End of Course
  • pblakeney
    tim wand wrote:
    And for those of you wanting some history,

http://www.theguardian.com/football/dat ... -125-years

Arsenal F.C the only team continuously in the top flight and other than Preston North End in 1880 the only team to go a whole season undefeated 2003-04 ( and that will forever be consigned to history because no one can match the former and no one will ever equal the later) Except Preston North End of Course
    I am confused as to your point.
    According to the link which you have graciously supplied:-
    Arsenal - 96 Seasons in the top flight.
    Liverpool - 98 Seasons in the top flight.
    Aston Villa - 102 Seasons in the top flight.
    Everton - 110 Seasons in the top flight.

So you are saying that Everton and Aston Villa are the best league teams in England?
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • pblakeney
    tumblr_n4xc3jWqXT1qel0uxo1_400.jpg
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • tim_wand
    PBlakeney wrote:
    tumblr_n4xc3jWqXT1qel0uxo1_400.jpg

Fair Play, The internet makes us all experts. Arsenal FC. admitedly changed their name during World War One,( but its fair to say a bunch of guys originally from a munitions factory might have been a tad busy then) are the only team to have not suffered a relegation.

Its an oft quoted fact on MOTD that Aston Villa V Everton is the most played fixture in top flight English Football.

My arguments more with the Chelsea and Man City fans who have only come to prominence in the last 5 years or so, to hear them speak of History really is Ironic.
  • nathancom wrote:
    Well done on winning the Fark All Cup

When all clubs start taking it seriously, then it will be worth winning.
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • Stevo_666
    tim wand wrote:
    My arguments more with the Chelsea and Man City fans who have only come to prominence in the last 5 years or so, to hear them speak of History really is Ironic.
    It won't be long before Arsenal fans start to sound like Liverpool fans with their 'We're the best because we won loads of stuff 25 years ago' logic :roll:
  • pesky_jones
    pesky_jones Posts: 2,890
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    tim wand wrote:
    It won't be long before Arsenal fans start to sound like Liverpool fans with their 'We're the best because we won loads of stuff 25 years ago' logic :roll:

This, is a brilliant example of why no one likes Chelsea :D

For the record, Liverpool fans don't claim we're the best now, because of how we played 25 years ago - that makes zero sense. We just don't want some of the newer teams to forget that some teams earned their spot in history :D
  • Stevo_666
    edited May 2014
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    tim wand wrote:

For the record, Liverpool fans don't claim we're the best now, because of how we played 25 years ago - that makes zero sense. We just don't want some of the newer teams to forget that some teams earned their spot in history :D
    I guess we're never going to make ourselves popular by pointing out that we've won far more than just about any other team in the last ten years* , especially to fans of clubs whose best years are behind them (I think that's what you call 'history') :wink: Jealousy is a terrible thing....

* Champions league, Europa league, 4 FA cups, 2 league cups, 2 community shields and 3 premiership titles. Plenty more to look forward to as well I reckon :)
  • nathancom
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    tim wand wrote:

I guess we're never going to make ourselves popular by pointing out that we've won far more than just about any other team in the last ten years* , especially to fans of clubs whose best years are behind them (I think that's what you call 'history') :wink: Jealousy is a terrible thing....

* Champions league, Europa league, 4 FA cups, 2 league cups, 2 community shields and 3 premiership titles.
    Well done on third place. All the other stuff is just history, apparently.
  • Stevo_666
    nathancom wrote:
    Well done on third place. All the other stuff is just history, apparently.
    Well done on coming so close to winning the league and letting it slip through your fingers. Though in the end City were worthy winners IMO becuase they were good attacking without forgetting that defence was important. Liverpool forgot about defending we forgot about attacking...

You can always argue you're only as good as your last season/game. Let's see how you do next season when you have as many matches to play as the big teams :wink:
  • tomisitt
    tomisitt Posts: 257
    Winning far more than any other club in the last 10 years is no great achievement when you have unlimited resources. TBH, it would be a disgrace if Chelsea didn't win everything, given the amount of money spent. And counting the Community Shield? Really?