The whatever footie that's going on (with actual fans) thread

Comments

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,795
    If you like The Inbetweeners but don't like Man U, have look at this:
    https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1336390813040352&id=531603920185716&__tn__=%2As

:lol:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    14517635_1167422566627970_7066636644603605465_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoibCJ9&oh=5a79f2677bcfa8c7362d5d6475a031b3&oe=588A3ABA
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,135
    It's the only trophy you might get this season, so be grateful.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    It won't be that trophy...
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

How come the sudden blind optimism?
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

Huh? We just got dumped out of the EFL
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

Huh? We just got dumped out of the EFL

:oops: I was getting snippets of the news whilst reading that thread. That will teach me.

The heads mashed after a night ride. Which was good.
  • Stevo_666
    It is quite time consuming isn't it. Anyhow, not long till the weekend...
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:

...and then what? Oh, you mean Footy. I thought you were DH 'ing.
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

...and then what? Oh, you mean Footy. I thought you were DH 'ing.
    That's not 'till Monday 8)
  • Stevo_666
    UTFB.

Sorry Goo, we needed the points more than you did.
  • mr_goo
    mr_goo Posts: 3,770
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    UTFB.

Bet you can't even walk properly at the moment with the hard on you must have over that win.
    Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.
  • Stevo_666
    Mr Goo wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    UTFB.

Bet you can't even walk properly at the moment with the hard on you must have over that win.
    Something tells me you're not completely happy.
  • pinno
    Me very happy - back to the top of the FF league.
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    So am I, but not for fantasy footy reasons :)

Thought the Scummers away might be a tough test but quite comfortable in the end, seems like Conte and the team are getting into their stride now. And a fourth consecutive clean sheet - José would be proud...

And where is Lostboysaint these days?
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    So am I, but not for fantasy footy reasons :)

Thought the Scummers away might be a tough test but quite comfortable in the end, seems like Conte and the team are getting into their stride now. And a fourth consecutive clean sheet - José would be proud...

And where is Lostboysaint these days?

Err... Lost?
  • Pinno wrote:

Humph :|
  • pinno
    AberdeenAl wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

Humph :|

Oh, you're Bayern Bru I presume? I am on week 2 of 'all out attack'. Last week, all 5 of my midfielders were at home, so I took the gamble of all out attack and it was a damp squib. After next weekend, I have only Bench boost to play so I think you will catch me sooner rather than later. I'm enjoying it while I can - it's unusual for me to be on top of anything.
    Should be a good scrap. Good luck.
  • go man u
  • Stevo_666
    go man u
    To the middle of the table?

BbPSC_aCYAARKPd.jpg
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,930
    go man u

Yes, just Go!

In fact, fcuk off Man U!
  • mr_goo
    I've only just read about this lovely foul by Valdes on Josh King. Nice knee in the face. Which by all accounts should have resulted in two things. 1. A penalty. 2. Red Card. But such is the rough rub of the green where referee decisions are concerned for the little clubs. And absolutely no mention of it on MotD. If that had happened to any player of the bigger clubs there would have been outrage.

stream_img.jpg
    Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.
  • Stevo_666
    Mr Goo wrote:
    I've only just read about this lovely foul by Valdes on Josh King. Nice knee in the face. Which by all accounts should have resulted in two things. 1. A penalty. 2. Red Card. But such is the rough rub of the green where referee decisions are concerned for the little clubs. And absolutely no mention of it on MotD. If that had happened to any player of the bigger clubs there would have been outrage.

stream_img.jpg
    Get those excuses in :wink:

If the ref saw it maybe there was a reason why he didn't give anything. If the ref didn't see it then the FA is free to take retrospective action and if they haven't there's probably a reason for that as well.

Looks to me like Valdes makes a genuine attempt to get the ball and his knee just skims past your blokes nose, but difficult to see from that angle.
  • mr_goo
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Mr Goo wrote:

stream_img.jpg

If the ref saw it maybe there was a reason why he didn't give anything. If the ref didn't see it then the FA is free to take retrospective action and if they haven't there's probably a reason for that as well.

Looks to me like Valdes makes a genuine attempt to get the ball and his knee just skims past your blokes nose, but difficult to see from that angle.

Knee makes contact with King and knocks him to the ground. I believe he suffered mild concussion.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,930
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Mr Goo wrote:

stream_img.jpg

Surprised you didn't claim the keeper was butted.
  • Stevo_666
    Just a coming together. Typical Southern softies moaning about a bit of contact.

Anyhow, a wins a win.
  • Stevo 666 wrote:
    go man u

:mrgreen::mrgreen:
    jm shld go. clueless. fernabahce??? :P
    but hey ho, they have depth. wait till later in the season when they kick everyone elses ass
  • tim_wand
    tim_wand Posts: 2,552
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    go man u

:mrgreen::mrgreen:
    jm shld go. clueless. fernabahce??? :P
    but hey ho, they have depth. wait till later in the season when they kick everyone elses ass

I m liking the new boy. Someone has to brighten things up on the Manure front after that last Conspiracy theorist dreamer got banned.
  • pinno
    JM has lost the plot. He's burnt out and bereft of any ideas. You can have him.

We should start a petition 'Save Morinho'.