The whatever footie that's going on (with actual fans) thread

Comments

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,795
    I remember Citys perfect 5/5 win start last season then look what happened :wink:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • city_boy
    city_boy Posts: 1,616
    I remember Chelsea's title defence last season and look what happened :twisted:
    Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarves are not happy.
  • City Boy wrote:

It wasn't a defence, more an abject surrender.
  • Stevo_666
    City Boy wrote:

A bit like Norwich's attempt to stay in the Premier League?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo 666 wrote:
    City Boy wrote:

A bit like Norwich's attempt to stay in the Premier League?

Almost the same, Norwich were definitely guilty of cowardice until it was too late, like they never believed they belonged there apart from one or two players.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,135
    Bar Leicester and West Ham, I think any of the teams from 9th down could get relegated. They are going to take points off each other to the death.
    Championship looks interesting. I know it's early days but Villa are in hell:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?client= ... ship+table
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    As an aside, I watched Cheltenham play Huddersfield for the 3rd division play offs semi-final in 2002, Beat them on penalties. Cotterill was manager who oddly enough went on to Stoke and despite doing well, resigned and went to Sunderland under Howard Wilkinson as assistant manager and we all know what happened there.
    Fair play to Huddersfield.
  • Stevo_666
    :)

14322602_1121430964560464_4286911135974161680_n.jpg?oh=1e683ff912f9e248756b97428f27f113&oe=583D5695
  • city_boy
    Fair play to the Scousers. They normally struggle against the likes of Burnley and Chelsea :lol::lol:

At least the Chelski fans turned up...shame the players didn't! :D
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 27,040
    BBC website controller must be a Chelsea fan.
    That result would normally be front page stuff.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • pinno
    Oooh, City could take a 6 point lead on Chelski by the end of the weekend.
    Cherries fans will be turning to religion.
  • Klopp definitely seems to have something, I watched a fair few Liverpool performances in the second half of last season and you could tell they were a team on the up. The gap between them and Man Utd in the Europa ties stood out the most and even then it made me wonder if Man Utd missed a trick in recruiting him. As a neutral Liverpool are certainly the team to watch at the moment.
  • pinno
    Klopp is one of the most likeable managers in the PL. He also is WYSIWYG and wears his heart on his sleeve, he doesn't take himself too seriously. As a player, I bet they enjoy playing under him.
    He's refreshing in that respect.
  • Stevo_666
    Meanwhile in Manchester :D

14362675_1126506734052887_2557224547644718200_o.jpg
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 27,040
    Starting to look more than a touch desperate.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • city_boy
    Looks like Maureen's picked up where he left off at Cheatski

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • Stevo_666
    City Boy wrote:
    Looks like Maureen's picked up where he left off at Cheatski

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    And this time I don't mind :)
  • Stevo_666
    :)

14319212_1128113410558886_5066954540142596067_n.jpg?oh=7f150127a43c3a279e0bf4598eb1c205&oe=58382EE7
  • Stevo_666
    :D

14362656_1129142140456013_969169301347397216_o.jpg
  • Never thought I'd be saying such words and defending the man but to be fair to Jose there is still a lot of average players in that squad. Thursday's performance was critisised for being similiar to the games under LVG but it was still largely an LVG team selected so it's hardly surprising. Oh, and to risk sounding like a broken record, Rooney is clearly not up to the top level by a long way, another poor turn out from him today and he looks so so slow.
  • city_boy
    Sorry but I have to disagree VLL.
    This is an 'average' squad that cost half a billion to put together including a brand new spine of Maureen's own players - a £30m defender, a world class striker(??) and £110m ( :shock: :oops: ) midfielder!
    He chooses to keep picking Rooney and his general team selections and tactics in the last 3 games have been naive to say the least. His way of playing is very one dimensional and outdated, although he does seem to have developed a plan B - hoof it up to Big Nose and Bogbrush :D
    The Busted Flush has turned them into the new Wimbledon!
    This is all on Maureen IMO. No excuses.
  • You are right about the tactics, as I said trying to accommodate Rooney is a joke, but only 3 players on that pitch today were bought by him and for a lot of the others he's being asked to polish a turd. Ashley Young and Felliani...jesus wept. Trouble is he was never going to be able to shift all of them out in one transfer window, who the fark would buy some of them?
  • pinno
    City Boy wrote:
    Big Nose and Bogbrush :D .

:D:D

Give £110m to Eddie Howe to spend.

I think 5 x 22m would have been better, if you see what I mean. It's a dull bunch of players bar one or two that punch holes.
    Fellatio is carp - Well done Agent Moyes.

MU is one expensive f*ck up. Hee hee hee. Do you think there's a conspiracy going on? I am beginning to wonder. Maybe Moyes handed his interview notes on to LVG who handed them on to the not so special one.
  • city_boy
    The Russian Tramp is not happy...

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/footba ... urs-gossip

Maybe someone should remind him that their attendance is better as a percentage of capacity than Man City's...that should cheer him up no end :lol::lol:
  • pinno
    edited September 2016
    What is Abumovic expecting, ffs?

This is slightly reminiscent of La Liga. Where Pep proves to be Mourinho's nemesis. This time around, Pep is putting pressure on both Man U and Chelski. It would be fantastic to see a fallout at Chelski and even more to see a fall out at Manure.

In the 4 years Pep was at Barca, RM had Schuster. Ramos, Pellegrini and Mourinho as managers.

Ultimately, Abramovic has been the architect of a continual turn over of managers in a style similar to RM. He is just a petulant boy with a toy. Chelski fans can keep him and the continual uncertainty. Some of these clubs want the moon on a stick.

Mourinho is no longer the special one - the spell has been well and truly broken. He peaked ages ago. Time he took a 2 year sabbatical and thought things through. Conte hasn't got a hope if at this stage of the season the boss calls a team meeting.

The most expensive soap opera in the world? The off pitch shenanigans are as good as the on pitch one's, it's magic.
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Meanwhile in Manchester :D

14362675_1126506734052887_2557224547644718200_o.jpg

stop deflecting

bit late, but I've been busy
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Stevo_666
    City Boy wrote:
    Maybe someone should remind him that their attendance is better as a percentage of capacity than Man City's...that should cheer him up no end :lol::lol:
    Let's be honest, that's a very low bar :wink:
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    I think its called having high expectations. Tricky one for Arsenal fans and owners to understand :)
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    I think its called having high expectations. Tricky one for Arsenal fans and owners to understand :)

Yes, but there's realistic expectations too. It's early doors. The players looked totally dejected when they left the pitch. Liverpool under Klopp have had this habit of blowing hot and cold and Liverpool caught Chelski out on a good day.
    Conte did mention being frustrated at not achieving the transfers that he wanted... Maybe it boils down to the tight fisted Russian then.
  • Stevo_666
    Not sure tight fisted is an accusation you could throw at Abramovich. Although his high expectations have been pretty consistent. It's not like he's just come out with it this season - Conte would have known before he took the job.