The whatever footie that's going on (with actual fans) thread

Comments

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,790
    tim wand wrote:
    Its getting beyond bloody funny now!

Kronke just sees Arsenal as a small part of his Business Portfolio and has no intention of chasing or investing in success as that would involve an element of risk, and that's not what you want in Business when you have the investment model of a Man like Kronke. He also knows in Wenger he has the ultimate custodian for his Business who will not rock the boat and create waves, by demanding new signings.

Usmanov says he's happy to be a non executive stake holder with over 30% in the club, but what we really need is someone who is willing to Push Kronke out.

I actually want us to finish outside ECL placings this year and win feck all, so Wenger has no choice but to resign, However I think the board would just find an equally compliant manager and we'd achieve feck all on a regular basis.
    Could well be that you need a change of owner before things will really change. Probably a single owner who can get things done without having to deal with other shareholders. Like Abramovich, say :)

P.S. have a good time in Norfolk. Went to the Orange Tree in Thornham for a last night slap up. Very good but the wallet is smarting! It even had a menu for dogs FFS.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 4,023
    I'm not an Arsenal fan in anyway yet still found Wenger's post-match comments last weekend both cringeworthy and embarrassing at the same time. What was it? Our players are 'not physically ready at this time.' You mean at the start of the season Arsene, where you've had since the end of May to sort it out? Also this is coming from one of the most outspoken advocates of a winter break, I get the impression he'd like the season to run for two months either side of Dec-Jan every year lest his weaklings are unable to cope.

What makes it worse is that this is the manager of the Invincibles talking, a team that went unbeaten and who were truly imperious in terms of physicality and totally ruthlessness. This was the same season when they chased Van Nistelrooy off his own pitch in the https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Old_Trafford
    To think he has now produced a team as spineless as the one that walks out now is frankly baffling, not an ounce of fight amongst them as he continues to plead excuses for them week after week. As tim says, it can only be a business thing.
  • Stevo_666
    14095818_1102583646445196_7407340525202894556_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoibCJ9&oh=db97687e9ebbec9b595bfa48c631e274&oe=585DE0A4

:)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    Diego does it again...
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,135
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Diego does it again...

Sometimes very good, sometimes very bad but always ugly.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Diego does it again...

'Win ugly' is the phrase.
  • Stevo_666
    Two birds with one stone :P

14107915_1103207583049469_6689028000692988045_o.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoibCJ9
  • city_boy
    city_boy Posts: 1,616
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Diego does it again...

'Cheating b@stard' is the phrase.

FTFY :wink:
    Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarves are not happy.
  • Stevo_666
    City Boy wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Diego does it again...

I thought as it's a new season you'd pick up a new chip on your shoulder about Chelsea rather than sticking to the old one :D
  • city_boy
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    City Boy wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Diego does it again...

I thought as it's a new season you'd pick up a new chip on your shoulder about Chelsea rather than sticking to the old one :D

I thought as it's a new season Chelski might try to win a game without cheating, but with Cunte in charge it would appear not! :lol:

Anyway, you can talk! Seems like you've still retained your unhealthy obsession with City's attendance figures :wink:
  • Stevo_666
    City Boy wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    City Boy wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Diego does it again...

I thought as it's a new season Chelski might try to win a game without cheating, but with Cunte in charge it would appear not! :lol:

Anyway, you can talk! Seems like you've still retained your unhealthy obsession with City's attendance figures :wink:
    You'd think that decent ticket prices might tempt people who claim to be real fans to actually go and see the odd game :wink:
  • pinno
    Yay. handbag time again. Where's Cornerblock?
  • city_boy
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    You'd think that decent ticket prices might tempt people who claim to be real fans to actually go and see the odd game :wink:

By "real fan", do you mean someone who has only supported their home town club since childhood or the glory hunter that jumps onto the bandwagon of a more successful club much later in life!? :D
  • Stevo_666
    City Boy wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

By "real fan", do you mean someone who has only supported their home town club since childhood or the glory hunter that jumps onto the bandwagon of a more successful club much later in life!? :D
    Miaow. Good to have you back :D
  • Bottom 3 as is
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • city_boy
    Good to see Cheatski thriving in their natural habitat...the minnows round of the League Cup :D

Fair play to them though. They managed to pull off their giant killing act by scraping through by the odd goal against the mighty Bristol Rovers.
    Awesome...well done!

:wink: :twisted:
  • Stevo_666
    :D

14079739_1106205879416306_5366655286260047095_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoibCJ9&oh=9801729c01ab19f94bb0431faa653f7b&oe=58574FE0
  • Stevo_666
    8) :)

14047377_1105140689522825_6246739180102857651_o.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoibCJ9
  • pinno
    This is a bit of change of fortunes for you Tim W!?
  • tim_wand
    tim_wand Posts: 2,552
    I fell out with the Doctor Last week over my slipped disc, so reckon I m having a bit of Chelski season this year, she must of cursed me.
  • pinno
    tim wand wrote:
    I fell out with the Doctor Last week over my slipped disc, so reckon I m having a bit of Chelski season this year, she must have cursed me.

That's you and Wheelspinner with disc problems. I hope it's not catching. Wear and tear? Age? Rough tackles? Even rougher women?
  • Stevo_666
    tim wand wrote:
    I fell out with the Doctor Last week over my slipped disc, so reckon I m having a bit of an Arsenal season this year, she must have cursed me.
    FTFY. Is it your fourth vertebra by any chance? :wink:
  • tim_wand
    tim_wand Posts: 2,552
    L5/6 Just above the Cocyxx. Stevo's probably right, Might be our stats and position by Christmas.

As long as I don't do anything stupid like resign and then go off to manage Manure ill put up with whats quite literally a pain in the Arse.

Conversely Pinno its reoccurrence did coincide with my purchase of one of those MTB thingy me jigs.
  • pinno
    tim wand wrote:
    Conversely Pinno its reoccurrence did coincide with my purchase of one of those MTB thingy me jigs.

What can I say.

You could manage Manure and stick 'em back down the bottom where they need to go.

It's going to be tight between the top 3. City were a little Barcelonesque for some of the first half. Mouthwatering Man vs City game on the return.

RM vs Barca sort of.

Key Fixtures:

Man U vs City 25th Feb: Maybe too far out to have a significant effect.

Man U vs Chelsea 15th March

Chelsea vs Man U 1st April
    City vs Tott 1st April

City vs Chelsea 15th April

Man U have 3 home fixtures on the trot at the end of November including a Feyenoord fixture. I think this is when they will hit a good run of form (unfortunately). Unless Mourinho goes into meltdown No. 2 but I doubt it.
  • Stevo_666
    Manure vs Sh1tty is on 10th September?

Good to see one or both of them drop points that weekend, esp. if we can get past Swansea :)
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 4,023
    Hart possibly off to Torino. Not a name you'd have expected to top the list.
  • Stevo_666
    What do we think folks?

14192177_1110970208939873_6649696797833245658_n.jpg?oh=c4684222cf7890fe77bb3c7e2fdc3dfa&oe=588455DC
  • pinno
    Not as Venemous as Costa and Failani, so a yellow would suffice.
  • city_boy
    He'll get a ban. Deservedly so.

Costa, on the other hand, could commit murder on the pitch and get away with it.
  • Stevo_666
    City Boy wrote:
    He'll get a ban. Deservedly so.
    Might swing the balance in the Mancy derby. Now that would be a double blow if a Man U side managed by Jose beat City :wink: