The whatever footie that's going on (with actual fans) thread

Comments

• Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    City to edge the title,
    Chelsea
    United
    L'pool/arsenal.

Not sure what Pool will do but here is hoping. if we can't score past arsenals make shift defence today then I'll probably switch off for the seasom

City were unfinished yesterday but they have the core to win the games and a manager with the mental strength to go all the way.

Chelsea unknown to me, but get Hazard playing again and they will be ace.

United, they still flailing elbows but Zlat will score under pressure, Rooney will cry and Jose will be grumpy.

Arsenal, they haven't kept up and people will say they will fall away/lose, however they still have a team who can and have beaten most of the PL, they don't play Jose or Chelsea every week do they.
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,135
    Flâneur wrote:
    ...they don't play Jose or Chelsea every week do they.

No, we have to play the Swansea's and Southampton's.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,790
    MOTD may be worth a watch tonight...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    Good start against the Cockney Rejects :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Avoiding the detail I see
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Stevo_666
    Flâneur wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Avoiding the detail I see
    What detail - a wins a win. And I didn't get to see it as we haven't got SKY here...
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 4,023
    So Hart's time at Man City looks to be done. Everton for him next?
  • Stevo_666
    So Hart's time at Man City looks to be done. Everton for him next?
    Maybe, but who gives a t0ss?
  • verylonglegs
    With a new manager and qualifying campaign about to start I was wondering if it also means the demise of his international career. Especially given his performance in the Euros.
  • Stevo_666
    With a new manager and qualifying campaign about to start I was wondering if it also means the demise of his international career. Especially given his performance in the Euros.
    Quite possibly - not looking good for Mr. Shampoo.
  • Stevo_666
    14022241_1099937623376465_3263211403239253039_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoibCJ9&oh=228204e177610d8b322dbb1ab6d8062d&oe=5812EA22

:)
  • Stevo_666
    13934788_1100331530003741_4489518973296529871_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoibCJ9&oh=86acfc5cb19bd399ac0e43da0231c2ce&oe=5843E6F2

:D
  • pinno
    It looks like Pep knows what he's doing.
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    2-1 against Sunderland including an own goal by the other side isn't entirely conclusive.
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    2-1 against Sunderland including an own goal by the other side isn't entirely conclusive.

I did not say it was conclusive. He's getting rid of JH and not before time. I think Butland is better.
  • mr_goo
    mr_goo Posts: 3,770
    The Cherries could do with a decent shot stopper, but what we have is infinitely better than Joe Hart. And they don't have dandruff.
    Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.
  • tim_wand
    tim_wand Posts: 2,552
    Personally , I think this is ridiculous. Joe Hart is and has been a top class keeper for a long while.

Yes there were two glaring errors in the Euros, However the amount and kind of movement the likes of Gareth Bale and CR7 can get into these tournament balls, I would hold back on criticism until I was stood behind one of their free kicks myself. As for the Iceland debacle . Yer that was bad !

Goal keeping is a thankless task ( Besides the many millions of pounds he's paid to do it ) and if you look back on Harts career he's saved city more than he's cost them. He's not exactly a Grobelar or a Calamity James.

Citee in the long absence of Kompany , have hardly had the most stable defence last season and those they bought in such as Mangela and Otamendi haven't exactly set the world on fire.

Perhaps he's looked good behind the likes of Kompany, Kolarev and Zabletta , but as a keeper you have to have faith and a good communicative relationship with your back four.

Pep should make him stay and fight for his place, letting him go to another club in the prem for less than half the price that Bravo is going to cost or Stones cost, will come back to bite them badly. IMO
  • verylonglegs
    The consensus in the press is that Guardiola wants a 'keeper who can play football with his feet as much as he is good with his hands, a Neuer type I guess. It sounds like he already decided against Hart before he even got to City and before the Euros.
  • Stevo_666
    The consensus in the press is that Guardiola wants a 'keeper who can play football with his feet as much as he is good with his hands, a Neuer type I guess. It sounds like he already decided against Hart before he even got to City and before the Euros.
    That might be a problem for Hart as he's not very good with his hands either.
  • tim_wand
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Sweeper Keeper, W.T.F , I ve played centre back for nearly 30 years and if my keeper starts to pee about with the ball at his feet in the box, I go and put 12 studs through him and tell him to stop farking about.

I genuinely had a Nigerian Prince play in goal for me once ( University of East London ) He used to get as high up as the half way line with the ball at his feet sometimes before I had to clatter him.
  • pinno
    tim wand wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    The...Euros.
    That...either.

I genuinely had a Nigerian Prince play in goal for me once...

Was that before or after he asked you for 20 grand?
  • verylonglegs
    tim wand wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Sweeper Keeper, W.T.F , I ve played centre back for nearly 30 years and if my keeper starts to pee about with the ball at his feet in the box, I go and put 12 studs through him and tell him to stop farking about.

I genuinely had a Nigerian Prince play in goal for me once ( University of East London ) He used to get as high up as the half way line with the ball at his feet sometimes before I had to clatter him.

As someone who spent the majority of my games playing centre-half I agree up to a point, I didn't like it when they got too clever, it was beneficial though when you had a keeper who could drill a pass properly 30-40yds and release a midfielder in to space.
  • mr_goo
    mr_goo Posts: 3,770
    Just having a chuckle to myself after reading that Palace have just lashed out £32m for Benteke. What odds on Pardew looking for a new club by Christmas?
    Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.
  • verylonglegs
    I was amazed Liverpool were apparently playing hard to get on that move, they should thank their lucky stars they were getting anything like their money back on him.
  • tim_wand
    Pinno wrote:
    tim wand wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    The...Euros.
    That...either.

It was a diverse cohort Pinno. His student i.d stated HRH Prince Emeeka ( Cant remember the surname ) and I had to register him with SESSA ( South East Scholastic Sports Association ) as such. I also had a winger called Gian Luca Vialla, I can remember a ref giving him a second yellow after asking him his name for a first booking.

As all the games were played on a Wednesday afternoon . all the refs were retired old dodgers, Turns out one we had regularly was in the same Regiment in the Army as me some years before ( I went to Uni as a mature student after the Army), I could quite literally get away with murder, He sent off a player I elbowed straight across the nose, Saying to him I told you your mouth would get you into trouble son. Reuben god bless him 78 and reffing.
  • Stevo_666
    tim wand wrote:
    As all the games were played on a Wednesday afternoon . all the refs were retired old dodgers, Turns out one we had regularly was in the same Regiment in the Army as me some years before ( I went to Uni as a mature student after the Army), I could quite literally get away with murder, He sent off a player I elbowed straight across the nose, Saying to him I told you your mouth would get you into trouble son. Reuben god bless him 78 and reffing.
    Did he used to referee Man U matches?
  • Stevo_666
    Mr Goo wrote:
    Just having a chuckle to myself after reading that Palace have just lashed out £32m for Benteke. What odds on Pardew looking for a new club by Christmas?
    14047181_1101050013265226_1251199180715719030_o.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoibCJ9
  • pinno
    tim wand wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    tim wand wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    The...Euros.
    That...either.

...I also had a winger called Gian Luca Vialla, I can remember a ref giving him a second yellow after asking him his name for a first booking.

That tickled me.
  • Stevo_666
    :)

14095949_1101588563211371_3606738214105075369_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoibCJ9&oh=94bfea042076e1b977128b20f2939c27&oe=585BD6E6
  • tim_wand
    Its getting beyond bloody funny now!

Kronke just sees Arsenal as a small part of his Business Portfolio and has no intention of chasing or investing in success as that would involve an element of risk, and that's not what you want in Business when you have the investment model of a Man like Kronke. He also knows in Wenger he has the ultimate custodian for his Business who will not rock the boat and create waves, by demanding new signings.

Usmanov says he's happy to be a non executive stake holder with over 30% in the club, but what we really need is someone who is willing to Push Kronke out.

I actually want us to finish outside ECL placings this year and win feck all, so Wenger has no choice but to resign, However I think the board would just find an equally compliant manager and we'd achieve feck all on a regular basis.