The whatever footie that's going on (with actual fans) thread

Comments

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,789
    tim wand wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    tim wand wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Next season will definitely be interesting with new high profile managers starting at two of the big clubs and Pep at City :P

First thing Conte should have done at Chelski is get rid of Cunty may have a shot at managing the club then! rather than having to manage JTs ego
    But he has won more than you lot :wink:

What you on about. I won the league this year

http://fantasy.premierleague.com/my-lea ... standings/
    Good point. Wahey, I beat Pinno. Without changing my team all season :lol:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 4,023
    Not really. Robert Chase made me realise what I'd always suspected..that being a fan of club is just plain weird. He owned Norwich back in the early nineties and he did what he pleased. I came to the conculsion that it was a raw deal, support a club owned and staffed by people who most likely couldn't care less either way as they could always move on..no thanks. May as well be into religion. Football can be great in the same way a lot of sport can, it's pure unscripted drama but I'm only talking about the time out on the grass. I mean that as a spectator and as a rank amateur player myself, it throws up some great moments, the rest is tedious. Managers pre/post-match press conferences? You'd have to pay me to sit through them.

Norwich deserved to get relegated this season btw, they completely stank. Their inability to defend and sort out a striker has been laughable. Only wish I'd stuck a decent bet on them to go down.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,135
    I see Brendan Rogers is off to little league...
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    With CL footy...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    With CL footy...

It was the only way.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 27,037
    Is it just me that sees the irony of Manyoo fans cheering at the loss of LVG for not playing the "right kind of football" and the appointment of Borehino?
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • Stevo_666
    Depends if they are going for style or success. See stats under point 7 in the link:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36354014

Style will matter less if the required results come, but we've had this argument before with Mourinho.
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Fan's get other a lot if they are winning when it matters
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • pblakeney
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Depends if they are going for style or success. See stats under point 7 in the link:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36354014

Style will matter less if the required results come, but we've had this argument before with Mourinho.
    No doubt that the club put success before style, but ask the fans....
    No doubt equally that those moaning about style will shut up with success.
    Hypocrites.
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • pinno
    As if they played with 'style' under Fuggle !! FFS, it was never pretty stylish football and it was always hell for leather scraping a result out in the last dying moments of injury time because they were petrified if getting bummed by Fuggle in the showers if they lost.

But I suppose, 'battering ram' is a style of sorts.
  • pblakeney
    Sorry. My mistake for using the word "style". I should have said the Manyoo "way".
    By that the fans mean using wingers and bombing forward.
    Ask any of their fans if you want them to go on about it, and on, and on, and on......
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 4,023
    PBlakeney wrote:
    Sorry. My mistake for using the word "style". I should have said the Manyoo "way".
    Ask any of their fans if you want them to go on about it, and on, and on, and on......

Man Utd fans? You still meet any? For years it seemed every other person who you'd meet and had an interest in football wouldn't and couldn't wait to declare themselves a Man Utd fan. Suddenly that seems to have changed, about a couple of years ago funnily enough...wonder what happened? :| This thread is evidence itself, supposedly the best supported club on the planet and none of them have found their way on here.
  • pblakeney
    Man Utd fans? You still meet any?
    Still do.
    Not so many now you mention it.......
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • Stevo_666
    Man Utd fans? You still meet any?
    I live in London so I meet loads of them.

When Chelsea play at Old Trafford, the Chelski fans sing 'We'll race you back to London' :)
  • pinno
    PBlakeney wrote:

Man Utd fans? You still meet any? For years it seemed every other person who you'd meet and had an interest in football wouldn't and couldn't wait to declare themselves a Man Utd fan. Suddenly that seems to have changed, about a couple of years ago funnily enough...wonder what happened? :| This thread is evidence itself, supposedly the best supported club on the planet and none of them have found their way on here.

You forgot Redvision. Totally delusional nutter.
  • Stevo_666
    13255923_1043241092379452_582100858228523265_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoibCJ9&oh=1f89f8f4f63fff0cd2f3015543d63c3a&oe=57D9AFCE

:)
  • mr_goo
    mr_goo Posts: 3,770
    Juan Mata must be packing all his belongings up in tea chests this week. His Web browsing history probably reads searches on Galatasary or Besiktas.
    Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.
  • pinno
    Mr Goo wrote:
    Juan Mata must be packing all his belongings up in tea chests this week. His Web browsing history probably reads searches on Crawley Town, Grimsby FC or Scunthorpe United.

FTFY.
  • Stevo_666
    No surprises in the papers this morning. Vardy to Arsenal allegedly, Ibrahimovic move to Manure to be announced tomorrow and Koeman to Everton.
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    ...Vardy to Arsenal allegedly...

oooh :shock:

Do you not think Ibrahimovic is over the hill? Sorry, but I would love things to go t!ts up for Mourinho at MU - not because of JM but because of the club. I think the club has got an entrenched arrogance, believe themselves as superior and need 10 years in the also ran category for a shake up and on a personal level, just to really pi$$ the MU fans off.
  • pblakeney
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Do you not think Ibrahimovic is over the hill? Sorry, but I would love things to go t!ts up for Mourinho at MU - not because of JM but because of the club. I think the club has got an entrenched arrogance, believe themselves as superior and need 10 years in the also ran category for a shake up and on a personal level, just to really pi$$ the MU fans off.
    Not wishing to pee in anyone's porridge but I consider Vardy's form to be that of a player in a team of decent to good players, playing as a team. I wouldn't be surprised if it is not replicated in a squad of other players if they don't gell so well.
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Do you not think Ibrahimovic is over the hill?
    He is old (34) but not based on the way he was playing against Wales yesterday, or for that matter recently. He's also an arrogant git so should fit in well at Manure.
  • pinno
    PBlakeney wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Not wishing to pee in anyone's porridge but I consider Vardy's form to be that of a player in a team of decent to good players, playing as a team. I wouldn't be surprised if it is not replicated in a squad of other players if they don't gell so well.

We shall get a better idea over the course of the Euro's if what you say is true and that Wenger is possibly doing a Brendan Rogers. Hopefully, Wenger will put Welbeck and Vardy up front, Sanchez behind the top 2 and sell Giroud. 4-3-1-2?

Where's Wandy Tim when you need him?
  • pblakeney
    Pinno wrote:
    We shall get a better idea over the course of the Euro's if what you say is true and that Wenger is possibly doing a Brendan Rogers....
    Just what I was thinking.
    His value could shift dramatically within the next month.
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • tim_wand
    tim_wand Posts: 2,552
    Pinno wrote:
    PBlakeney wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

We shall get a better idea over the course of the Euro's if what you say is true and that Wenger is possibly doing a Brendan Rogers. Hopefully, Wenger will put Welbeck and Vardy up front, Sanchez behind the top 2 and sell Giroud. 4-3-1-2?

Where's Wandy Tim when you need him?

Just back from Sardinia, Very Very Nice! I put talksport on the radio coming back from Stansted , much to Mrs W's chargrin, but when she checked in on the Mother in Law on landing, Father in Law a Life long Foxes fan who lives about 400 yard from Vardy tripped over himself to tell me this news.

Its got hints of the Pursuit of Suarez a couple of seasons back to me and could spectacularly back fire and Make Wenger look a foul. Still watch this Space.
  • pinno
    It's only rumour so far but the fact that Giroud has been so direct about it, who knows:

http://www.skysports.com/transfer/news/11670/10304468/jamie-vardy-wants-to-join-arsenal-says-olivier-giroud
  • pblakeney
    I'd rather take a £20k/week hit than play for Arsenal.
    Loyalty, stupidity, a slap in the face for Arsenal? Or all three?
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • pinno
    Dunno but i'm gutted.
  • mr_goo
    mr_goo Posts: 3,770
    The Cherries new away kit is disturbing. Looks like Chelsea home kit.

http://mobile.afcb.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/afc-bournemouth-away-kit-201617-premier-league-3152436.aspx
    Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.
  • Stevo_666
    :)

13483239_1064119483624946_8779187005425832972_o.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoibCJ9