• Cygnus
    Cygnus Posts: 1,879
    David Moyes has been sacked, shame, he was doing so well :lol:
  • pesky_jones
    pesky_jones Posts: 2,890
    moyes_zps1c128cf1.jpg
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    I for one am truly gutted to see Mr Moyes go -a football and comedy genius - since when has one person bought so much delight to so many.

May his successor carry on his great work.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,573
    We can have fun for the remaining few games of this season watching Ryan Giggs get his first proper football management experience :D
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    What I want is for Giggs to come in, benefit from the new manager syndrome, win all his remaining matches, get offered the job and £100 million to spend over the summer and then next season get shown up to be tactically clueless.
  • nathancom
    nathancom Posts: 1,567
    johnfinch wrote:
    What I want is for Giggs to come in, benefit from the new manager syndrome, win all his remaining matches, get offered the job and £100 million to spend over the summer and then next season get shown up to be tactically clueless.
    What I fear will happen is they employ Van Gaal. Have you seen that guy's palmares?
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    nathancom wrote:
    johnfinch wrote:
    What I fear will happen is they employ Van Gaal. Have you seen that guy's palmares?

Yes, I've seen them. An excellent manager he undoubtedly is, but could he completely re-build a team to compete with the likes of Liverpool, City, Chelsea, bearing in mind the likely financial constraints that he wouldn't have faced a?
  • van gaals a c unt. ask a dutch person, and his club success is years ago. However he will do a sound interim job for a couple of years at united given backing (even though his method is to get the best out of what already exists...which isnt much at united) and they will go big in the summer on signings, and then leave a good base for whoever comes in.

i feel for moyes hes not a crap manager, ol rednose screwed him over with what he left, and no one on the planet has his motivational skills, add tot hat an inept whatever he's supposed to be in woodward, who couldnt seal a transfer if his life depended on it and moyes was screwed from the get go. now dont get me wrong, hes done badly, but his 'stars' havent played for him and he hasnt been helped by the signings given to him.

whoever goes there will do well cos they will spend.

if van gaal goes to the scum it wont make any difference, you cant polish a carthorse like soldado, motivate long term a greedy money grabbing bstard in adebayor or find a decent centre half in dawson, vlad, kaboul. the arrogant error prone vert will be off in the summer too.

as for victim FC winning the league, its even worse than maureen winning it. oh for city to come back and do it (where's the justice for those murdered at Heysel???).

The only consolation of the victims winning and stevie me lifting the pl trophy is that it will dispell any vestiges of wengers excuse of not being able to compete with the 'financially doped' clubs and surely finally wake up those that still back him to show the guy is 10 years out of date and still living in the mid 2000's.

wenger out - 4th place trophy and obsolete fa cup or not.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    All those who think it fitting that Liverpool win the league because of the anniversary of Hillsborough will surely want them to withdraw from next years CL as a mark of respect for the murdered Juventus fans 30 years ago.
    Won't they? :roll:
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,374
    I bet you Benito666 is standing at the gates of Stamford Bridge saying to himself "Oh, f*ck, it was an away game"...
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • nathancom
    Ballysmate wrote:
    All those who think it fitting that Liverpool win the league because of the anniversary of Hillsborough will surely want them to withdraw from next years CL as a mark of respect for the murdered Juventus fans 30 years ago.
    Yes because clearly Liverpool football club and the 96 were directly responsible for those deaths. It was justice that Steven Gerrard's 10 year old nephew died for his crimes from when he pushed the wall over in Heysel as a 6 year old.

Anyway, as we read this week it was all to do with lead in petrol that made them do it.

Honestly though, Hillsborough was a tragedy for the families and the cover up by the police was scummy and is really why we are still talking about it today.
  • the playing mantis
    the playing mantis Posts: 2,129
    edited April 2014
    nathancom wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Yes because clearly Liverpool football club and the 96 were directly responsible for those deaths. It was justice that Steven Gerrard's 10 year old nephew died for his crimes from when he pushed the wall over in Heysel as a 6 year old.

Anyway, as we read this week it was all to do with lead in petrol that made them do it.

Honestly though, Hillsborough was a tragedy for the families and the cover up by the police was scummy and is really why we are still talking about it today.

yes it was a tragedy, as was heysel. as was the bradford fire. but we hear nothing off those tragedies.

maybe the fact that liverpool supporters accept zero responsibility for what happened ***, leaves a slightly sour taste in the mouth.

at the last league game of the season there definitely will NOT be Liverpool fans turning up late, pissed, ticketless aggressive and stealing kids tickets out of their hands. And that definitely didn't happen in Istanbul. Anybody who says otherwise is either a member of the South Yorkshire Constabulary or Margaret Thatcher.

edit *** this was referring to the Hillsborough tragedy, but is equally applicable to heysel, which was apparently chelsea fans in disguise...
  • now im off to buy a few thousand copies of the sun
  • pinno
    Oh bollox. Come on fellas this is bottom bracket and it's a yellow card for you nathancom and bally.

Put down the handbags.
  • ballysmate
    nathancom wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:

I agree with what you say, there is no link between the 96 and the people killed at Heysel. Likewise there is no link between the 96 and this years title race, I just find it nauseating when people do try to link them.
  • nathancom
    Oh bollox. Come on fellas this is bottom bracket and it's a yellow card for you nathancom and bally.

Put down the handbags.
    Come on ref!

It's not serious handbags when you are top of the league!

I can definitely see the Heysel vs Hillsborough argument but then that is Juve's tragedy to honour and Liverpool FC have tried to pay their respects for that event.
  • pinno
    now im off to buy a few thousand copies of the sun

Watch it

600full-pierluigi-collina.jpg
  • tim_wand
    tim_wand Posts: 2,552
    Shankly said 'Some people believe football is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that.'

Well I'm sorry that's just bollox!!! The truth of the matter is 96 people went out to watch a football match and did not come home, I don't care what colour scarves they wore or which team they shouted for, that's simply not right and to try and perpetuate the argument of football rivalry off the back of it is simply not right either.

The best team will win the premiership, and if that team happens to be Liverpool then its because they have been the best team this season and fair play to them for that.
  • ballysmate
    nathancom wrote:

Put down the handbags.
    Come on ref!

It's not serious handbags when you are top of the league!

I can definitely see the Heysel vs Hillsborough argument but then that is Juve's tragedy to honour and Liverpool FC have tried to pay their respects for that event.

Yes, Juve tragedy, but a big chunk of responsibility belongs to Liverpool fans.
  • tim_wand
    Ownership of Tragedies? its an interesting concept! I tell you what you can have it all, As I for one would wish no such visitations on anyone.
  • Stevo_666
    I bet you Benito666 is standing at the gates of Stamford Bridge saying to himself "Oh, f*ck, it was an away game"...
    I was watching it on the box you silly boy. Job done, we're still in it, unlike lesser English teams :wink:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tim_wand
    You cant be happy with that Stevo? You carried no goal threat what so ever?

You might fancy your chances against any one at the bridge, but now the 77 has gone?

Theres a lot of suggestions of Kismet this season, Liverpool and all that, Do you think Jose in Lisbon against Real?
  • ballysmate
    tim wand wrote:
    You cant be happy with that Stevo? You carried no goal threat what so ever?

You might fancy your chances against any one at the bridge, but now the 77 has gone?

Theres a lot of suggestions of Kismet this season, Liverpool and all that, Do you think Jose in Lisbon against Real?

AAAhhhhh!!!!
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    I was watching it on the box you silly boy. Job done, we're still in it, unlike lesser English teams :wink:

Don't call me 'boy' and don't call me silly:

sopranos145.jpg
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Don't call me 'boy' and don't call me silly:

sopranos145.jpg
    OK you stupid girl.
  • pinno
    Waaah, waaah waaah...somebody on the internet called me a stupid girl...waaah, waaah waaah

big-tears.gif
  • Stevo_666
    Waaah, waaah waaah...somebody on the internet called me a stupid girl...waaah, waaah waaah

big-tears.gif
    12 hours for that comeback :lol:
  • pinno
    It came to me at 3am - (rather like a crossword clue), whilst I was having a pi$$.
  • Richard_D
    Richard_D Posts: 320
    Statistically any of the top three could still win but with 3/4 matches to go you would have to favour Liverpool for the other 2 to win they have to perform and Liverpool mess up. Not out of the question but...
    I have no issue if the memory of Hillsborough inspires the team just as previous history inspires many teams. If they win they will deserve it based on the way they finished the season 11 straight wins as of today. If their personal inspiration dates back 25 years that is up to them.
    With respect to comparing Heysel and Hillsborough. You are not comparing like for like. One as a riot were between 2 sets of 'fans' were who started it and why it escalated is open for debate, the other is a crowd management cockup were up until now the fans were blamed in part because of Heysel and in part because the evidence at the original enquiry has now been shown to be incomplete and inaccurate.
    The first club and supporters to send condolences after Hillsborough was Juventus so they had obviously moved on.
    A few years ago when Juventus and LFC played for the first time in competition since Heysel periods of respect were made and honoured on both legs of the tie.
    If teams and countries were banned forever based on previous fatalities as a result of riots then there would be very few teams competing. No Germany no Galatasary, etc.
  • ballysmate
    Richard_D wrote:
    Statistically any of the top three could still win but with 3/4 matches to go you would have to favour Liverpool for the other 2 to win they have to perform and Liverpool mess up. Not out of the question but...
    I have no issue if the memory of Hillsborough inspires the team just as previous history inspires many teams. If they win they will deserve it based on the way they finished the season 11 straight wins as of today. If their personal inspiration dates back 25 years that is up to them.
    With respect to comparing Heysel and Hillsborough. You are not comparing like for like. One as a riot were between 2 sets of 'fans' were who started it and why it escalated is open for debate, the other is a crowd management cockup were up until now the fans were blamed in part because of Heysel and in part because the evidence at the original enquiry has now been shown to be incomplete and inaccurate.
    The first club and supporters to send condolences after Hillsborough was Juventus so they had obviously moved on.
    A few years ago when Juventus and LFC played for the first time in competition since Heysel periods of respect were made and honoured on both legs of the tie.
    If teams and countries were banned forever based on previous fatalities as a result of riots then there would be very few teams competing. No Germany no Galatasary, etc.

I initially posted tongue firmly in cheek about withdrawing from CL
    I don't give a flying fornication who wins the Premier League (Apart from ABU obviously). As stated, the winner will be the club who deserves it, for footballing reasons, regardless of history.
    If history were to have any bearing, then Liverpool should withdraw from the CL as their fans WERE responsible for what happened. They charged the Juve fans 3 times and people were crushed trying to escape.
    As I said, history has no bearing, the past is gone, so I don't expect any withdrawal.
    In the same way, I can't see any merit in the sentiment that Liverpool deserve to win for 'Hillsborough'
    After all, do Juve deserve to win for 'Heysel'?

http://www.theanfieldwrap.com/2013/05/w ... or-heysel/