The whatever footie that's going on (with actual fans) thread

Comments

• pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 27,037
    tim wand wrote:
    Not saying I have any sympathy for that rationale. but its a factor, Monaco became an attractive club because of zero tax. When Arsharvin transferred from Zenit to Arsenal he was on £70k a week but following tax he was on £10k less than what Zenit were paying him. I m sure nowadays though Glasgow Rangers aren't the only club hiring a team of Stevos to make sure this isn't a problem.
    Given what has happened in Glasgow, they should be looking for a team of better quality.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • pblakeney
    Pinno wrote:
    This season will be Arsenal's last chance to win a league for a long long time...
    Ah well......
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,780
    Arsenal are back into their traditional league spot - although I'm sure they don't mind being below Spurs :wink:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    I hear there is a new way to teach children to count.

One
    Two
    Three
    Arsenal
    Five..
  • tim_wand
    tim_wand Posts: 2,552
    Any of the Chelski gobshites want to bet with me that Arsenal Don't finish higher than 4th. Come on lads get your Money where your mouth is. Might give you some reason to have an interest in the top half of the table this season!!!!!!!!
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,131
    Moyes for Chelsea.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • mr_goo
    mr_goo Posts: 3,770
    Another valuable point for Chelsea at Vicarage Rd in their battle against relegation.
    Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.
  • cornerblock
    Mr Goo wrote:
    Another valuable point for Chelsea at Vicarage Rd in their battle against relegation.

Indeed. And another game nearer the end of the season, hurrah.
  • pinno
    I have no idea how Chelsea are going to find a tw@t of the same calibre as JT to replace him.
  • Stevo_666
    tim wand wrote:
    Any of the Chelski gobshites want to bet with me that Arsenal Don't finish higher than 4th. Come on lads get your Money where your mouth is. Might give you some reason to have an interest in the top half of the table this season!!!!!!!!
    Go on then Tim, I'll put a tenner on The Ar$e not finishing in the top 3 this season :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tim_wand
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    tim wand wrote:
    Go on then Tim, I'll put a tenner on The Ar$e not finishing in the top 3 this season :)

Real cash Stevo? I don't want anything Tax deducted or paid in Luncheon vouchers :!:
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    Pinno wrote:
    I have no idea how Chelsea are going to find a tw@t of the same calibre as JT to replace him.
    Well they already have Costa!
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • Stevo_666
    tim wand wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    tim wand wrote:

Real cash Stevo? I don't want anything Tax deducted or paid in Luncheon vouchers :!:
    Real cash Tim. Although as Arsenal seem to be a bit of a charity case I might be able to get it classed as gift aid :P
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    Captain, leader, legend. As the banner at Stamford Bridge says. Arsenal might have won a bit more with JT in the squad.
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Spent, captain, leader, legend. As the banner at Stamford Bridge says. Arsenal might have won a bit more with JT in the squad.

FTFY

I don't think Pullagreeny wants him in the squad next year.
  • tim_wand
    It will probably come as no surprise to some on here. I am not a great fan of Jon Terry as a human being, In fact it feels wrong putting the same words as Human Being in a sentence with his name.

I ve had personal experience of the man and he is truly an Odious Cretin of the first order.

I will however say he is one fine feckin defender, and I am sure if he and not Mertersacker was in the Arsenal back four with his old friend Petr, we would have gained the mythical 12 points and more JT attributed to us this season on Cechs arrival.

The only thing I can say is I truly hope this is his last season at Chelski, to go out on such a monumentally bad season would be hilarious. But knowing the luck of JT I can see him (injured/ banned ) collecting a FA cup or Champions league trophy in his suit , behaving like he's just scored a winning Hat trick in the final ( whilst he parades Ryan Giggs style around the stadium with his ( not someone elses ) Loving Wife and Kids he knows about or didn't get aborted.

Obviously Tickets for this event will be available on the black market through Jon Terrys extended network of Touts ( sorry crack dealing father) at vastly over rated prices.

May I also add at this time how Gutted I was that Stevie Gee didn't get the Send off Final from Victims F.C he truly deserved! after the Mighty Villa shat on his dream, Shame!!!!!!!
  • kingstonian
    kingstonian Posts: 2,847
    tim wand wrote:
    It will probably come as no surprise to some on here. I am not a great fan of Jon Terry as a human being, In fact it feels wrong putting the same words as Human Being in a sentence with his name.

I ve had personal experience of the man and he is truly an Odious Cretin of the first order.

I will however say he is one fine feckin defender, and I am sure if he and not Mertersacker was in the Arsenal back four with his old friend Petr, we would have gained the mythical 12 points and more JT attributed to us this season on Cechs arrival.

The only thing I can say is I truly hope this is his last season at Chelski, to go out on such a monumentally bad season would be hilarious. But knowing the luck of JT I can see him (injured/ banned ) collecting a FA cup or Champions league trophy in his suit , behaving like he's just scored a winning Hat trick in the final ( whilst he parades Ryan Giggs style around the stadium with his ( not someone elses ) Loving Wife and Kids he knows about or didn't get aborted.

Obviously Tickets for this event will be available on the black market through Jon Terrys extended network of Touts ( sorry crack dealing father) at vastly over rated prices.

May I also add at this time how Gutted I was that Stevie Gee didn't get the Send off Final from Victims F.C he truly deserved! after the Mighty Villa shat on his dream, Shame!!!!!!!

Don't be silly, we all know he'd be in full kit at Wembley even if injured or banned
  • cornerblock
    Suit, kit and a few other things. Best English centre half since Bobby Moore.

1434010235515.png
  • pblakeney
    Wrong Terry.
    The best Terry centre half was Terry Butcher.
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • Stevo_666
    However he leaves Chelsea we'll always be able to sing 'He's won more than you...'
  • pblakeney
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    However he leaves Chelsea we'll always be able to sing 'He's shagged more than you...'
    FTFY
    Unfortunately, I would have to concede.
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • cornerblock
    PBlakeney wrote:
    Wrong Terry.
    The best Terry centre half was Terry Butcher.

We'll have to disagree, but you're wrong. Great battling defender was Butcher but nowhere near the ability on the ball that Terry has. Not saying your view is tainted by the media's portrayal of John Terry but there are those who are loathe to admit just what a superb player he is. He can pass, reads the game as well as any, brave, as was Butcher by the way, a true leader and a proper captain. Only thing he's lacked is pace but proving how good a reader of the game he is it's never been a hindrance to his game. He's won it all, 700 games at the top level! Yep no contest between JT and Terry Butcher I'm afraid. You could have made a closer argument for others, Colin Todd, Des Walker, Tony Adams, Ledley King, Rio Ferdinand. However you'd have still been wrong, he's surpassed all of them.
  • Stevo_666
    PBlakeney wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    However he leaves Chelsea we'll always be able to sing 'He's shagged more than you...'
    FTFY
    Both true, but you wouldn't turn down either opportunity would you.
  • pblakeney
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    PBlakeney wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    FTFY
    Both true, but you wouldn't turn down either opportunity would you.
    It is quite possible that by being discriminate, and moral, I have reduced my amount of lady friends.
    The opportunity to win? Taken every time but not when others have achieved the win.
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • pblakeney
    This forum could be busy today!
    :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • Stevo_666
    Pep's going to get himself into trouble with the PC brigade before he's even arrived...
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35500208
    Whichever way you look at it, I reckon he's going to 'pep up' the PL.
  • The only time John Terry has ever concerned me is as an England fan and the only thing I'll remember him for is this.
    https://youtu.be/IG9pkZaQ8NU?t=28

I'm not sure where failing to spot a long punt down the middle from the keeper falls into his alleged amazing ability to read a game, maybe not having Rio to hold his hand confused him? One of the most embarassing goals England conceded in recent years.
  • Stevo_666
    The only time John Terry has ever concerned me is as an England fan and the only thing I'll remember him for is this.
    https://youtu.be/IG9pkZaQ8NU?t=28" target="_blank

I'm not sure where failing to spot a long punt down the middle from the keeper falls into his alleged amazing ability to read a game, maybe not having Rio to hold his hand confused him? One of the most embarassing goals England conceded in recent years.
    I guess he doesn't stand comparison with top Norwich defenders then?
  • pinno
    No doubt JT is/was a great defender but does not mean to say he isn't a cnut.
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    No doubt JT is/was a great defender but does not mean to say he isn't a cnut.
    So you would rather teams sign awfully nice chaps who aren't very good at footy?