The whatever footie that's going on (with actual fans) thread

Comments

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,131
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    No doubt JT is/was a great defender but does not mean to say he isn't a cnut.
    So you would rather teams sign awfully nice chaps who aren't very good at footy?

You need moral replacement therapy.

Unfortunately, seen as we live in an era of increasing celebrity focus and attention, people in the spotlight, (the one's who have replaced God and the virtues he supposedly espoused), young people need role models.

I say 'unfortunately' because I don not believe that they should be, they are human after all. It's an indictment of the sad world a lot of us live in.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • kingstonian
    kingstonian Posts: 2,847
    Pinno wrote:

He isn't a cnut.

He is a massive cnut.

Please get it right next time.
  • pinno
    Pinno wrote:

He isn't a cnut.

He is a massive cnut.

Please get it right next time.

I personally think that he gives cnuts a bad name.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,780
    There's a whiff of 'crap team supporter sour grapes' here I reckon :wink:

Of course, Arsenal has always been populated by footballing angels :roll:
    http://www.topspurs.com/thfc-arsepaste.htm
    http://archive.mehstg.com/arse_guilty.htm

Kingstonian, which massively successful team do you support?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,516
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    So you would rather teams sign awfully nice chaps who aren't very good at footy?

You need moral replacement therapy.

Unfortunately, seen as we live in an era of increasing celebrity focus and attention, people in the spotlight, (the one's who have replaced God and the virtues he supposedly espoused), young people need role models.

Your missing the point. Stevo is a bean counter who shuffles beans around to make beans disappear and appear again without feeding the mouths of hungry children so more beans are left for the fat ones at the trough.

He could have used his intelligence to better mankind, alas he chose to serve money and rim Roman and JT. :wink:
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • Stevo_666
    Slowmart wrote:
    Your missing the point. Stevo is a bean counter who shuffles beans around to make beans disappear and appear again without feeding the mouths of hungry children so more beans are left for the fat ones at the trough.
    As a small business owner I guess that's your own unique way of saying thanks? :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    The only time John Terry has ever concerned me is as an England fan and the only thing I'll remember him for is this.
    https://youtu.be/IG9pkZaQ8NU?t=28" target="_blank" target="_blank

I'm not sure where failing to spot a long punt down the middle from the keeper falls into his alleged amazing ability to read a game, maybe not having Rio to hold his hand confused him? One of the most embarassing goals England conceded in recent years.

Ooh defender makes mistake. Like that's never happened. Only a gobshite would deny how good a defender John Terry is.
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Slowmart wrote:
    As a small business owner I guess that's your own unique way of saying thanks? :)

Small companies like Slowmart's have to pay a set corporation tax that is non negotiable... Whereas, multi nationals...

Why would he thank you?
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Slowmart wrote:
    Small companies like Slowmart's have to pay a set corporation tax that is non negotiable...
    No they don't.
  • The only time John Terry has ever concerned me is as an England fan and the only thing I'll remember him for is this.
    https://youtu.be/IG9pkZaQ8NU?t=28" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank

I'm not sure where failing to spot a long punt down the middle from the keeper falls into his alleged amazing ability to read a game, maybe not having Rio to hold his hand confused him? One of the most embarassing goals England conceded in recent years.

Ooh defender makes mistake. Like that's never happened. Only a gobshite would deny how good a defender John Terry is.

Bit touchy there, maybe you need a friday night drink? I never said in my post how good I thought he was, that's just you being precious, it's merely how I'll remember him. I don't doubt Chelsea fans can each cite their own favourite moment whenever they hear his name, it just so happens without the same allegiance mine is a little different. It's the same with many other famous names, at the mention of Bergkamp I immediately think of his goal against Argentina in 98 where as Arsenal, Ajax or Inter fans might say something else. Likewise Alan Shearer, that 3rd goal against the Dutch in 96 springs to mind first every time but I bet many of his club fans say something else. Sol Campbell? Spurs fans will spit blood hearing his name but I just remember his 'goal' against Argentina that never was. Not everyone enjoys football from the same angle you know.
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Slowmart wrote:
    Small companies like Slowmart's have to pay a set corporation tax that is non negotiable...
    No they don't.

Unless he is prepared go to the IoM and then Amsterdam. That should do it.
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Slowmart wrote:
    No they don't.

Plenty of way for UK only businesses to mitigate their tax without any overseas connection. Ditto people - how do you think I got my tax refund?
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 27,037
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Slowmart wrote:
    No they don't.

Plenty of way for UK only businesses to mitigate their tax without any overseas connection. Ditto people - how do you think I got my tax refund?
    Cos you paid too much in the first place.
    Maybe you should get an accountant.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • pinno
    PBlakeney wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Slowmart wrote:
    No they don't.

:D
  • Stevo_666
    PBlakeney wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Slowmart wrote:
    No they don't.

Wrong. Guess again.
  • Stevo_666
  • cornerblock
    The only time John Terry has ever concerned me is as an England fan and the only thing I'll remember him for is this.
    https://youtu.be/IG9pkZaQ8NU?t=28" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank

Bit touchy there, maybe you need a friday night drink? I never said in my post how good I thought he was, that's just you being precious, it's merely how I'll remember him. I don't doubt Chelsea fans can each cite their own favourite moment whenever they hear his name, it just so happens without the same allegiance mine is a little different. It's the same with many other famous names, at the mention of Bergkamp I immediately think of his goal against Argentina in 98 where as Arsenal, Ajax or Inter fans might say something else. Likewise Alan Shearer, that 3rd goal against the Dutch in 96 springs to mind first every time but I bet many of his club fans say something else. Sol Campbell? Spurs fans will spit blood hearing his name but I just remember his 'goal' against Argentina that never was. Not everyone enjoys football from the same angle you know.

Drink or no drink, and I've had one thanks, I stand by my previous statement.
  • Stevo 666 wrote:
    https://youtu.be/IG9pkZaQ8NU?t=28" target="_blank" target="_blank

I guess he doesn't stand comparison with top Norwich defenders then?

I don't think Norwich have had a really decent centre half since Steve Bruce. They could do with finding one right now.
  • Stevo_666
    Come on you Foxes :)
  • tim_wand
    tim_wand Posts: 2,552
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Come on you Foxes :)

Be nice for Ranieri to manage a club that wins the Prem. Father in Law is a season ticket holder and Claudio comes to our local butchers for his Sausages so they are my least un Favourite to win it. Be funny to see the Premiership " Mainly Foxes thread". Might even bring Leicester Lad back out of hiding.

In the words of Deliah , Come on were are you Leicester fans????????????
  • Stevo_666
    Tee hee. Plucky little City did their best but clearly not enough against the mighty Leicester.

I wonder who's next? :wink:
  • Leicester 6 points clear and 7-4 favourites to win the league. Nuts.
    Cannondale caad7 ultegra
    S-works Tarmac sl5 etap
    Colnago c64 etap wifli
    Brother Swift
  • Stevo_666
    TurboTommy wrote:
    Leicester 6 points clear and 7-4 favourites to win the league. Nuts.
    But always good to see some underdog teams like Leicester and Spurs coming through. Wouldn't want The Ar$e or Sh1tty winning it the season when we drop a bollock :)
  • city_boy
    city_boy Posts: 1,616
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    TurboTommy wrote:
    Leicester 6 points clear and 7-4 favourites to win the league. Nuts.
    But always good to see some underdog teams like Leicester and Spurs coming through. Wouldn't want The Ar$e or Sh1tty winning it the season when we drop a bollock :)

City won't win anything this year. They'll do well to finish in the top 4.
    Pellegrini's record against top six opposition is appalling. If he's not careful he's going to rule himself out of the Chelsea job!

Leicester were excellent today (as they have been all season). Best of luck to them, I hope they stay the course now and win it.
    Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarves are not happy.
  • cornerblock
    It would be absolutely brilliant if Leicester do go all the way. Probably be the biggest achievement in English top flight football since Forest won the old Division 1 after winning promotion the year before and then going on to win the European Cup, not once but twice! I don't take the p*ss out of my Leicester supporting mate who gave up his season ticket last season much!

Leicester really are a breath of fresh air, so exciting to watch. Direct, pacy but can play it about if they need to without ever over doing the tippy tappy nonsense some supposedly more technically gifted players are guilty of. Their energy and commitment is an example to our lot that's for sure!

How ironic if they clinch the title on the final day at the Bridge! :lol: Nothing would give me more pleasure than to see JT hand the trophy over to Claudio. :wink: We would be unable hear the wailing and sobbing from North London for the cheers and laughter, what a day it could be. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure our lads would do their utmost to stop Leicester winning it at ours if they do need the points to be crowned Champions, anything to help either of that lot North of the river! *cough*
  • kingstonian
    Stevo 666 wrote:

I readily admit to being in the Spurs fraternity
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Good luck, you've got half a chance of winning something this season :wink:
  • kingstonian
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Good luck, you've got half a chance of winning something this season :wink:

Have to say it is rather novel for us to still be in 3 comps at this time in the season.

Whatever happens between now and the end of May, the squad has really come together and is a pleasure to watch. Today's game is a good example of how we have started to figure out how to grind out wins - in previous seasons that would have been 0-0. And Poch is now making the right tactical subs at the right time in the game, which he wasn't often doing last season.
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,516
    It would be fantastic for football if Leicester won the Premiership and I don't know if it's true but Leicester were 2000 to 1 to win the premiership?

I love the idea of some lifelong Leicester fan putting a tenner on st the start if the season.
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • tim_wand
    tim_wand Posts: 2,552
    At the start of the season they were 2000 - 1 , Last December they were 5 points adrift at the bottom of the Prem, This January they are 6 points clear. I m just waiting for Adrian Durham to apologise for taking the piss out of Ranieri's appointment. Don't suppose he ll do that Until they Beat us next week and he can continue to rip the arse out of Wenger.