The whatever footie that's going on (with actual fans) thread

Comments

• verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 4,023
    The Norwich game was just nuts, totally crazy. Great entertainment for a neutral but I could probably stroll down to my local park tomorrow morning and see a game with better defending. I'm not sure who the Norwich player was who headed back across his own area for the 5th Liverpool goal but my god it was bad. Plus whoever awarded Mignolet a new contract wants a kick in the pants.
  • city_boy
    city_boy Posts: 1,616
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    City Boy wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Where's all the footy chat gone? Maybe waiting for tomorrow...

Ahh tomorrow!
    I may find myself in the uncomfortable and morally challenging position of being satisfied with Chelski victory :shock:
    I guess you'll be right behind The Blues tomorrow :wink:

You'd think so, wouldn't you?
    TBH, I don't think it will make much difference. I said before the season started we'd be lucky to finish top 4 with Pellegrini in charge, and I haven't changed my mind. I hope he proves me wrong but I think we'll win the square root of feck all this season :evil:
    Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarves are not happy.
  • tim_wand
    tim_wand Posts: 2,552
    Big Game today. Hope its refereed properly and football comes out the winner.

Never thought playing a team in 14th would be the proving point of our Title intentions, but this game probably represents more of a Psychological hurdle than any so far this season.

Hopefully Cech will add to his Clean Sheet Record and Ozil will continue to show why Wenger paid £42 million for him.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,780
    Our title hopes are over this season but we can still f*** up other peoples :twisted:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tim_wand
    No problem with that Game. Would be nice however to play you with a full 11, but at least this time it was down to our ( Mertersackers) own stupidity rather than any Gamesmanship from Costa.

Fabregas got mugged by Konscielny and should have had a penno. Why Wenger kept Walcott on for so long at the cost of GIroud I ll never know, Down to ten men we were always going to rely on a set piece to get back on terms.

Pure sentimentaliy , Walcotts done nothing since the Citee game and doesn't look likely to , were as If Giroud had have been in the Positions Flamini found, it could have been a different result.

Going to be an interesting run in, cant really draw any conclusions about our lot today other than what we have known for a long time (Mertersacker is shite ) But no as shite as Remy!!!!!!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Our title hopes are over this season but we can still f*** up other peoples :twisted:
    Jobs a good 'un :mrgreen:

1 - 0 to the Chelsea - Mourinho is gone but his spirit lives on :wink:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    tim wand wrote:
    No problem with that Game. Would be nice however to play you with a full 11, but at least this time it was down to our ( Mertersackers) own stupidity rather than any Gamesmanship from Costa.

Fabregas got mugged by Konscielny and should have had a penno. Why Wenger kept Walcott on for so long at the cost of GIroud I ll never know, Down to ten men we were always going to rely on a set piece to get back on terms.

Pure sentimentaliy , Walcotts done nothing since the Citee game and doesn't look likely to , were as If Giroud had have been in the Positions Flamini found, it could have been a different result.

Going to be an interesting run in, cant really draw any conclusions about our lot today other than what we have known for a long time (Mertersacker is shite ) But no as shite as Remy!!!!!!
    And Wengers decision to take Giroud off - what was he smoking? One shot on target all game says it all really.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 27,037
    Great results for the blues.
    'Mon the Foxes!
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • Stevo_666
    PBlakeney wrote:
    Great results for the blues.
    'Mon the Foxes!
    Oddly enough that's who I'm rooting for to win the title this year :D
  • verylonglegs
    I can't remember if it was this thread or the Champions League where I said Walcott is utterly out of place at a club like Arsenal, his football brain is non-existant. He's a thief stealing a living from the game, even on half his reported wage of 140k it would show how ridiculous the amount of money wasted in the top league is.
  • pblakeney
    I can't remember if it was this thread or the Champions League where I said Walcott is utterly out of place at a club like Arsenal, his football brain is non-existant. He's a thief stealing a living from the game, even on half his reported wage of 140k it would show how ridiculous the amount of money wasted in the top league is.
    And yet he will still be in the squad for the Euros.
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • verylonglegs
    PBlakeney wrote:
    And yet he will still be in the squad for the Euros.

No doubt although he's not my biggest concern regarding that. If Rooney is starting the first England game ahead of Kane and Vardy then I'll be giving the England games a miss.
  • lostboysaint
    lostboysaint Posts: 4,250
    Might as well start planning what else to do then!
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,131
    Have City got too many rods in the fire?

I hope so.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pblakeney
    Pinno wrote:
    Have City got too many rods in the fire?

I hope so.
    They certainly have more than everyone else.
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • city_boy
    city_boy Posts: 1,616
    Welcome to Manchester Pep :D
    Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarves are not happy.
  • I can't remember if it was this thread or the Champions League where I said Walcott is utterly out of place at a club like Arsenal, his football brain is non-existant. He's a thief stealing a living from the game, even on half his reported wage of 140k it would show how ridiculous the amount of money wasted in the top league is.
    Agree on that.

He has always been a myth.

That miss on Saturday late on against Burnley was utterly criminal for a professional player.
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    City Boy wrote:

if they let him spend what he wants and bring in who he wants I think he'll do well, otherwise i'm not so sure.

but there is nothing to say they won't let him spend what he wants and bring in who he wants!
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • Stevo_666
    City Boy wrote:
    Should make things interesting next season. I guess he wanted a challenge after working with successful, CL winning clubs like Barca and Bayern :wink:
  • pblakeney
    City Boy wrote:
    I dare say that he had to choose between clubs that will be in the Champions League next year.
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • tim_wand
    Citees acquisition of Pep will be a real game changer. They have proven as have others that spending big can win you the premiership, but you need the right manager and the right tactics to win the ECL , and that is surely where their ambitions lie.

Citee will now be the club of choice in Europe, everyone wants to play for Pep and with the budget and resources he will have at his disposal, I can see Citee winning the EPL inside the Next 3 seasons and putting themselves up there with Barca, Real and Bayern.

Utd must now surely move to secure Mourinho. It going to make the Prem and English clubs in Europe fantastic in coming seasons.

The Money coming into the EPL must be a massive factor, Next season I can see, Pep at Citee, Mourinho at Manure and possibly Simeone at Chelski. As we go into our 21st Season with Wenger ( unless of course he goes out on a high after winning this years title). In which case well end up with ??????

I d like to see a punt on a Young Manager such as Eddie Howe, but couldn't see the conservative Arsenal Board taking such a risk, but if they guaranteed him half the 20 years Wengers had then why Not?
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,131
    This season will be Arsenal's last chance to win a league for a long long time...
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Pinno wrote:
    This season will be Arsenal's last chance to win a league for a long long time...

No pressure there then!!!
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Mourinho must be laughing his socks off - he can now double his previous price to Manure and he knows that they have to pay it ....
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    I think Pep is being overrated for the EPL, I suspect he will struggle (still do very well but with those resources...)
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • tim_wand
    The counter point with Pep is that he has mainly inherited Great teams which are already dominating their domestic leagues and other than Barca , he has not really pushed them on to achieve anything more than they have already done.

I don't think this is fair, I believe he is very adept at looking at each League, Each competitor within that league and setting his team and tactics to Win games.

I ve heard interviews, and admittedly others refer to interviews, were despite the plaudits his Barcelona team received he refers to the style of football being played as relatively un important and just a by product of his methodology of Winning games at all costs.

This sounds pretty similar to Morinhio , who isn't necessarily concerned with the Beautiful game, but the Game/Plan or style which will achieve the Win. However there seems to be a broad acception that were Pep is concerned this is achieved with more panache ( or more attacking football.)

I think what cannot be discounted is the draw of the man. I cant see any top player who would not now want to come to City and Play under Guardiola.

The only negatives I can see are the High taxation of players wages in the Uk , ( I am sure Citee will offer contracts that off set this ) and having to live in Manchester.

Theres no doubt that the recent TV deal done in the Premiership has made the Prem the most attractive/Lucrative league to play and manage in. I m sure it wont take the likes of La Liga/ Serie A and the Bundesliga big boys to start bleating about Financial Fair Play again if the Galaticos start leaving Real and Barca et al en masse.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,216
    tim wand wrote:
    The only negatives I can see are the High taxation of players wages in the Uk.

Que? Oh you mean an expectation they should actually pay some tax?

I would happily pay their tax bills to receive their net, the poor lambs.
  • pblakeney
    tim wand wrote:
    ..The only negatives I can see are the High taxation of players wages in the Uk , ( I am sure Citee will offer contracts that off set this ) ..

Maybe they should ask Glasgow Rangers for advice in this matter.
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • Pinno wrote:
    Definitely, and if they had been bold in this transfer window they might have had a chance to win it.
  • tim_wand
    orraloon wrote:
    tim wand wrote:
    The only negatives I can see are the High taxation of players wages in the Uk.

Que? Oh you mean an expectation they should actually pay some tax?

I would happily pay their tax bills to receive their net, the poor lambs.

Not saying I have any sympathy for that rationale. but its a factor, Monaco became an attractive club because of zero tax. When Arsharvin transferred from Zenit to Arsenal he was on £70k a week but following tax he was on £10k less than what Zenit were paying him. I m sure nowadays though Glasgow Rangers aren't the only club hiring a team of Stevos to make sure this isn't a problem.