The whatever footie that's going on (with actual fans) thread

Comments

• tim_wand
    tim_wand Posts: 2,552
    If only you had someone like Harry Kane come through your academy, oh wait.... :lol:

Who knows TT wouldn't be the first time we ve taken a Spurs exile and won the title! Just a shame we cant do it at that shite hole of yours again. They said Sol would never win the title at Shite Arse lane , how wrong they were.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,780
    I think I preferred this thread when all the gooners on here were slagging "Mr wenger" off on a weekly basis...

Arsenal are top despite Wenger's short comings.
    Arsenal just now are a bit like an elephant sitting at the top of a tree. Nobody know how they got there but everyone knows they will fall off :wink:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tim_wand
    Whereas chelski are just like a chimp playing with it's own excrement, throwing it around everywhere and blaming every one else for the stink, amusing to watch for a while but in the end still just shite.
    I
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,131
    Whereas chelski are just like a chimp playing with it's own excrement, throwing it around everywhere and blaming every one else for the stink, amusing to watch for a while but in the end still just shite.
    I

:D
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    I suppose our one off bad season means that Arsenal will move up one place from their natural position and finish third :P Possibly behind The Spuds :D
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    We were 3rd last season.

• Just a shame we cant do it at that shite hole of yours again

Now now Tim. The way you're talking you'd think it was us that had built our stadium on an old rubbish dump in ashburton grove :D
    Cannondale caad7 ultegra
    S-works Tarmac sl5 etap
    Colnago c64 etap wifli
    Brother Swift
  • Stevo_666
    We were 3rd last season.
    At least you'll be consistent.
  • kingstonian
    kingstonian Posts: 2,847
    Leicester dropping points again today, now 3 games on the trot without a goal.

And another loss for Klopp, the most worrying thing for him must be the lack of desire his team shows.

Shall we have a sweepstake on when villa will be relegated? I'd be surprised if they got into April with a chance of staying up.
  • tim_wand

And another loss for Klopp, the most worrying thing for him must be the lack of desire his team shows.

Shall we have a sweepstake on when villa will be relegated? I'd be surprised if they got into April with a chance of staying up.

April, More like Early March!!! Garde said something like he needed 20 points from the next 10 games, that's almost title winning form.

Leicester won 7 from 9 of their games last season to survive, and carried that form into this season ( admittedly without Pearson). I cant see why Villa went for Garde, absolutely no experience of Management in this position.

Surely a Pearson or Allardyce , just to keep them up in this season when the Money Train is even greater would have made more sense.

Maybe they ll get shot of Garde ( a graduate of the Wenger School of Failure ) and get some one more experienced at managing at the end of the Table, Such as Jose :D
  • Stevo_666

April, More like Early March!!! Garde said something like he needed 20 points from the next 10 games, that's almost title winning form.

Leicester won 7 from 9 of their games last season to survive, and carried that form into this season ( admittedly without Pearson). I cant see why Villa went for Garde, absolutely no experience of Management in this position.

Surely a Pearson or Allardyce , just to keep them up in this season when the Money Train is even greater would have made more sense.

Maybe they ll get shot of Garde ( a graduate of the Wenger School of Failure ) and get some one more experienced at managing at the end of the Table, Such as Jose :D
    Jose only takes on clubs that are successful already. That's why he'd never fit in at Arsenal :wink:
  • pinno
    Arsenal:
    13 First/Premier league titles
    12 FA Cups
    2 League cups
    14 FA Community shields
    1 European Cup winners Cup

Chelsea:
    5 First/Premier league titles
    7 FA Cups
    5 League cups
    2 Second division titles
    1 Champions League
    1 Europa Cup
    1 Cup Winners Cup

Lets use a points system:
    5 Points for First/Premier league titles
    2 For FA Cup
    6 European Cup Winners
    10 Champions League (that's generous and equivalent to more than 3 league titles. I would have to count a CL win @ 56 points for Chelsea to be on an Arsenal scale).
    1 League Cup/Community Shield
    0.5 points second division title (that's also generous considering we have never needed to be promoted. To make a fair comparison, points should be deducted for relegation)
    4 Europa Cup

Arsenal:110
    Chelsea:64

That's not counting successive/number of top 4 positions/European cup winners qualifying position or average position in any division at the end of the season.
    Of course the pedants will only look at the period since they have been supporting the club but to say that Arsenal is not a successful club and Chelsea is, is pure BOLLOX.
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 4,023
    I wouldn't be surprised if Villa follow the same path of a few other ex premier league clubs and dip into league one. That squad hasn't got the guts for it now, let alone championship football.

Klopp needs a summer before anyone can judge him at Liverpool, they'll probably be a revolving door fitted at Liverpools training ground as he shapes the squad to suit his own ideas.
  • kingstonian
    kingstonian Posts: 2,847
    I wouldn't be surprised if Villa follow the same path of a few other ex premier league clubs and dip into league one. That squad hasn't got the guts for it now, let alone championship football.

Klopp needs a summer before anyone can judge him at Liverpool, they'll probably be a revolving door fitted at Liverpools training ground as he shapes the squad to suit his own ideas.

They already have a revolving door - it was used extensively when they were shedding the junk their saviour Dalglish bought.
  • Stevo_666
    Arsenal:
    12 FA Cups
    2 League cups
    14 FA Community shields
    1 European Cup winners Cup

Chelsea:
    7 FA Cups
    5 League cups
    2 Second division titles
    1 Champions League
    1 Europa Cup
    1 Cup Winners Cup

2 For FA Cup
    6 European Cup Winners
    10 Champions League (that's generous and equivalent to more than 3 league titles. I would have to count a CL win @ 56 points for Chelsea to be on an Arsenal scale).
    0.5 points second division title (that's also generous considering we have never needed to be promoted. To make a fair comparison, points should be deducted for relegation)
    4 Europa Cup

That's not counting successive/number of top 4 positions/European cup winners qualifying position or average position in any division at the end of the season.
    Of course the pedants will only look at the period since they have been supporting the club but to say that Arsenal is not a successful club and Chelsea is, is pure BOLLOX.
    You sound like a Liverpool fan, obsessing about stuff that is way in the past :wink:

And the CL is worth 100 to Arsenal because you really, really want it :P
  • Stevo_666
    Meanwhile, the Premier League Champions get back to normal :)
  • city_boy
    city_boy Posts: 1,616
    You sound like a Chelsea fan, obsessing about stuff that is way in the past :wink:

FTFY :wink:
    Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarves are not happy.
  • Stevo_666
    You sound like a Chelsea fan, obsessing about stuff that is way in the past :wink:

FTFY :wink:
    Unfortunately for City you can't do that :D
  • city_boy
    city_boy Posts: 1,616
    Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarves are not happy.
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    Arsenal:
    12 FA Cups
    2 League cups
    14 FA Community shields
    1 European Cup winners Cup ( "The forerunner to the CL") :lol:

Chelsea:
    7 FA Cups
    5 League cups
    2 Second division titles
    1 Champions League
    1 Europa Cup
    1 Cup Winners Cup

2 For FA Cup
    6 European Cup Winners
    4 Europa Cup

FTFY.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 27,037
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • Stevo_666
  • Stevo_666
    Arsenal:
    12 FA Cups
    2 League cups
    14 FA Community shields
    1 European Cup winners Cup ( "The forerunner to the CL") :lol:

Chelsea:
    7 FA Cups
    5 League cups
    2 Second division titles
    1 Champions League
    1 Europa Cup
    1 Cup Winners Cup

2 For FA Cup
    6 European Cup Winners
    4 Europa Cup

FTFY.
    How can we forget the European Cup Winners Cup? Surely that is worth a weighting of 1,000 :mrgreen:
  • pinno
    Currently

Arsenal - top
    Chelsea - 14th.

With no CL certain position at the end of this season for Chelski, in which direction are you heading?

Yeah funny, I f*cked up with the Cup winners cup reference but no one can say that Arsenal is not a successful club and no one can say that Chelski is more successful than Arsenal for that 1 CL win. That puts you on a par with Liverpool or should I count up their points tally just to put a nail in that?
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    maxresdefault.jpg
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 4,023
    Currently

With no CL certain position at the end of this season for Chelski, in which direction are you heading?

Real Madrid is where Hazard is heading.
  • Stevo_666
    Back to kicking your arris very shortly. Like we did last time we played you :wink:

Or that time not too long ago :mrgreen:

108763.jpg
  • pinno
    I really hope that Chelski fans aren't expecting Pep Guardiola to come and save them. If they do, they are truly in cloud cuckoo land. Pep could undoubtedly walk into any managerial position he likes and without any certainty of a CL position, there's no way he is going there. If Chelski was in the mix, it would have been more likely so you can blame the special one for a special f*cking up of things.
    They might just get Pullagreeny. I hope they do 'cos that will make me laugh for a week.
  • tim_wand
    I Listen to Talk Sport on a Daily basis, and Drive Time with Adrian Durham every week day.
    I sit there , invariably whilst driving and thin kthis whole " Sports Presenters" very existence relies on the fact that no matter how good or bad Arsenal play, he will dedicate a whole show into getting gullible Gooners to ring in and do his show for him.

Durham is a Peterborough Utd fan, With no sporting experience , pedigree or ability. Hes building a whole career around the volatility of Arsenal Fans.

I read back over this thread from the start of this Season and I can only conclude Stevo is an Adrian Durham wannabe.

Stevo, Look at the table, Your the Bottom Club in London. But I don't suppose you need a league table to tell you that. I ll wager , youll remain the lowest finishing club in London too,
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    Given how terribly chelsea have been they are still only 10 points behind Man U. That's not out of the question for them to claw back. Not saying it will happen but if chelsea put a few back to back wins together you never know
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes