Pro race cross thread *spoilers*

Comments

• dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,560
    Paul 8v wrote:
    Impressive!

Who's going to the world cup event in exotic Milton Keynes then? Can't miss that when it's on the doorstep

I'll be there. It's just up the road... very much looking forward to it!
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    dish_dash wrote:
    Paul 8v wrote:
    Impressive!

Who's going to the world cup event in exotic Milton Keynes then? Can't miss that when it's on the doorstep

I'll be there. It's just up the road... very much looking forward to it!
    Cool, I'll be there with the club so if you see us in our blue and white kit give us a shout. I'll be the guy with the cowbell and vuvuzela :mrgreen:
  • I'll be going!
    Paul 8v wrote:
    I'll be the guy with the cowbell and vuvuzela :mrgreen:

Think I might be giving you a wide berth... :wink:
  • Paul 8v
    Haha, cow bells are de regueur non?
  • I was more worried about the vuvuzela!
  • Paul 8v
    Yeah, it's pretty loud, I scared myself the first time I used it! It turned up at work and I snuck up behind a guy who was doing the washing up and he nearly threw the plate across the room, he was genuinely terrified. I certainly won't sound it when the riders are near, don't want to put them off!
  • FJS wrote:
    The road season hasn't quite finished yet, but the first serious cross of the winter has already been: a Superprestige race in Gieten. Mathieu van der Poel, still only 19, wins his first superprestige cross at elite level, beating Van der Haar and Nys

http://www.cyclingfans.com/node/15804

and his younger brother David fourth !!

Stybar racing this year as well?
  • Stybar raced cross the winter before he came close to winning PR didn't he? I guess it gives him a base level of fitness ahead of the classics
  • shazzz
    shazzz Posts: 1,077
    Svenness at Superprestige Gieten
    http://www.cxhairs.com
  • FJS
    FJS Posts: 4,820
    Stybar and Van der Poel both doing Ronse today, start at 3pm CET
    First time for Stybar in the rainbow jersey he won last February!
  • I'm currently stood in a field near Ronde. Conditions are soggy after a dump of rain overnight. Beer is cheap and plentiful, atmosphere good, cowbells abound
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • The famous downhill section is a ridged, muddy mess. Everybody tri Podding it first lap
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • FJS
    Live here: http://www.123velo.net/

Van der Poel leading Nys, already!
  • The famous downhill section is a ridged, muddy mess. Everybody tri Podding it first lap

@gietvangent

Stybar saying before the start his technique is really rusty. Wilfred Peeters doing his pit today

@gietvangent
  • FJS

• Stybar pushing it on now

@gietvangent
  • And Nys sails off into the distance...

@gietvangent
  • Van Der Poel looks caned already.

@gietvangent
  • shazzz
    shazzz Posts: 1,077
    FJS wrote:

Thanks for this. My planned ride today is getting shorter and shorter! May as well go out on the crosser...
  • Crampeur
    Crampeur Posts: 1,065
    Interesting that Nys is back on cantis. Only Van der Haar/Van der Poel are on disks out of the leaders.
  • Nys' pit bike has discs. I think there's an attitude of "ain't broke don't fix".

@gietvangent
  • Nys with a big gap at the end. V D Poel 2nd escaping from Pauwels, Van Tournhout and V D Haar in the last couple of laps. Pauwels 3rd in the sprint

@gietvangent
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Odd photo this one given how bright his helmet is compared to the rest.
    tumblr_nd6dwacq5U1rmd2tmo1_1280.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,154
    Stybar's broken his collarbone. I thought you cross fans should know.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Paul 8v
    Yeah, I saw that on twitter. That sucks for him, he was on great form
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,111
    It's a shame, but he broke it in his last cross race of the autumn. I think he was planning on riding a few races around Christmas too, and he might ride the Worlds still, but it depends how it fits in with his training for the classics.
  • Stybar's broken collarbone came in the same town as his Eneco Tour faceplant, fact fans.

@gietvangent