TDF 2013 Stage 15 - Ventoux *Spoilers*

Comments

• disgruntledgoat
    disgruntledgoat Posts: 8,957
    skylla wrote:
    OMG I am so excited I just mopped the kitchen floor for want of something to do before my Sunday ride. It got washed only yesterday.

So so excited! :D:D:D:D

NO sunday ride for me after concussing myself yesterday. I'm basically twiddling my thumbs for 3 hours yet...

Dutch strong verbs in the past tense it is!

PFS25-B.jpg

A sharp right hander, a poor choice of cross tyres and a tree, unfortnuately.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • Bo Duke
    Bo Duke Posts: 1,058
    A quick trip to the local town to see what the townsfolk have got planned for Bastille Day, let the little one run around in the park for an hour or so, spot of lunch and then back to settle down in front of the Eurosport coverage for the afternoon. Hopefully interspersed with regular wickets from Trent Bridge and England wrapping it up before coverage gets under way.

I need to factor Warrington's challenge cup QF into my afternoon somehow too.
    I've just arrived in Jakarta and have to take clients our for dinner tonight. Doesn't look like I'll get to see the stage. :(
    'Performance analysis and Froome not being clean was a media driven story. I haven’t heard one guy in the peloton say a negative thing about Froome, and I haven’t heard a single person in the peloton suggest Froome isn’t clean.' TSP
  • emadden
    emadden Posts: 2,431
    RichN95 wrote:
    The mountain: Mont_ventoux_summit.jpg

Thats the wrong side! :-)
    www.dotcycling.com
  • skylla
    skylla Posts: 758
    A sharp right hander, a poor choice of cross tyres and a tree, unfortnuately.

ouch. tv it is then.
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    Bo Duke wrote:
    I've just arrived in Jakarta and have to take clients our for dinner tonight. Doesn't look like I'll get to see the stage. :(

Jammer!
    emadden wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:
    The mountain: Mont_ventoux_summit.jpg

Yeah, yeah but look how beautiful it looks. So, so beautiful. Is it possible to have a fetish for a mountain?
    Correlation is not causation.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    emadden wrote:

But it was a nice looking picture.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • emadden

Yeah, yeah but look how beautiful it looks. So, so beautiful. Is it possible to have a fetish for a mountain?

Yup :-) to be rock hard ... hahah the mountain that is :lol::lol::lol::lol:
    www.dotcycling.com
  • emadden
    Some old "dirty" pics I took for the fetishists the last time the race came up the Ventoux :-)

3757397091_60b7f49b9e_b.jpg
    3757404819_8b8da62bd4_b.jpg
    3757407679_7a78aa1125_b.jpg
    www.dotcycling.com
  • emadden
    That day it was Tony Martin v's Garate :-)

3758860548_a7c2a4043f_o.jpg
    www.dotcycling.com
  • milton50
    milton50 Posts: 3,856
    Anyone know what kind of wind speed is predicted for later on?
  • lucan2
    lucan2 Posts: 293
    All ready for the stage here. No-one in the house all day but me. Went out and did my weekend ride yesterday - 80Km around the French countryside. Been out on the motorbike this morning, coffee stop completed and back into the village before the Bastille day parade starts. Now just going to pick some fruit to nibble on during the stage.

Bring it on! :D
  • emadden
    Lucan2 wrote:
    ... Now just going to pick some fruit to nibble on during the stage.

Is that code for a bottle of red? :lol::lol:
    www.dotcycling.com
  • milton50
    milton50 Posts: 3,856
    emadden wrote:
    That day it was Tony Martin v's Garate :-)

3758860548_a7c2a4043f_o.jpg

Ahh, I remember that day. That was when people thought Martin might develop into a genuine GC contender.

Also, that was the year when Wiggo gave absolutely everything he had on Ventoux to keep 4th place overall.
  • disgruntledgoat
    Lucan2 wrote:
    All ready for the stage here. No-one in the house all day but me. Went out and did my weekend ride yesterday - 80Km around the French countryside. Been out on the motorbike this morning, coffee stop completed and back into the village before the Bastille day parade starts. Now just going to pick some fruit to nibble on during the stage.

You are officially a lucky swine.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    An ideal scenario:

Pinot and the grapes are press-ganged into going on a day-long break. Dan Martin successfully infiltrates after producing a surprise French passport.
    The presence of Martin in the break forces the peloton to ride beyond the comfort zones of Lopez and Suitsuo. They are detached by the first gust of wind. Stannard and Thomas lose contact on the Cat3. Movistar launch Valverde's platoon. Ten Dam joins in, forcing Kennaugh and then Porte to chase.
    Meanwhile Pinot and Martin are setting a record pace up the mountain pursued by what appears to be an angry shouty fisty motorist.
    All 10 Saxo riders, Mollema, Ten Dam, Froome & Quintana are the only souls remaining in the favourites group (we've all forgotten Valverde by now) as they approach Malaucéne. All of Mick Rogers' spidey sensors are at red alert, telling him "Aww, look, this is the time, mate". He nods at Alberto, who adjusts the sequins on his saddle, turns to Froome, and says, "how'd you like those O-rings now beach", leaving Froome's typically sensitive front mech rigidly clinging to the Big Ring for the remainder.
    You can guess the rest...
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,538
    Chapeau to Rich. That's raised the bar for Spoiler thread starters.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    Don't worry about me. I don't mind missing today so I could come into work to work up the hours to get away on holiday and miss next weeks action.

No. Seriously. I'm grand.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • alan_a
    alan_a Posts: 1,581
    From Letour tracker
    Rolland also chasing escape
    The situation after one hour and five minutes of racing is this...

10 men are in the lead: Sagan (CAN), Irizar, (RTL), Fedrigo and Roy (FDJ), Riblon (ALM), Losada (EUS), Chavanel (OPQ), Impey (OGE), Poels (VCD), El Fares (SOJ). They are 2'40" ahead of the peloton.

Then comes Burghardt (BMC) at 1'05"; Rolland (EUC) and Taaramae (COF) at 1'15"; Astarloza (EUS) at 1'30".

Sky is at the front of the peloton.
  • goonz
    goonz Posts: 3,106
    Right, so singlespeed taken apart in front of tv, no other duties for the day.

BRING ON THE CYCLING!!!
    Scott Speedster S20 Roadie for Speed
    Specialized Hardrock MTB for Lumps
    Specialized Langster SS for Ease
    Cinelli Mash Bolt Fixed for Pain
    n+1 is well and truly on track
    Strava http://app.strava.com/athletes/1608875
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    Alan A wrote:
    Sagan (CAN)

Yes he can!

Love this guy.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,628
    Right, house to myself and got my visit to redtube.com out the way so I'm not distracted during the race.

Bring on the mountain :D
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    Don't worry about me. I don't mind missing today so I could come into work to work up the hours to get away on holiday and miss next weeks action.

Ouch.
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • slim_boy_fat
    slim_boy_fat Posts: 1,810

Painful, my condolences.
  • Hi chaps, does anyone know of a feed please? Google has failed me!
  • Crankbrother
    Crankbrother Posts: 1,695
    Watched Jonas trounce Sean Kelly up Ventoux on The Ride earlier ... He even gave him his back wheel as Sean only had 25t and was struggling ... Quality tv and the perfect apetiser for today's stage ... Shame Richardson/Lloyd will undo the good work done by Eurosport so far today ...
  • takethehighroad
    takethehighroad Posts: 6,810
    Average for the first two hours 49.3 km/h!
  • Bo Duke
    Bo Duke Posts: 1,058

Bodes well for the LR..... :mrgreen:
    'Performance analysis and Froome not being clean was a media driven story. I haven’t heard one guy in the peloton say a negative thing about Froome, and I haven’t heard a single person in the peloton suggest Froome isn’t clean.' TSP
  • Coriander
    Coriander Posts: 1,326

I wish they'd damn well slow down as I'm on a flight to France in a few minutes. I'll land at 15:25, wait the usual 50 minutes for Bergerac luggage handlers to return our bags and doubtless miss the whole thing.

Grrr
  • disgruntledgoat
    If England could wrap this up before Eurosport go live, I sure would appreciate it.

@gietvangent
  • lucan2
    lucan2 Posts: 293
    Lucan2 wrote:

You are officially a lucky swine.

Indeed :D