TDF 2013 Stage 15 - Ventoux *Spoilers*

Comments

• alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    Contador stops BMC from following Quintana..
  • disgruntledgoat
    disgruntledgoat Posts: 8,957
    Big attack from Quintana
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • Lichtblick
    Lichtblick Posts: 1,434
    Found him.

Chavenal caught?
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    Quintana goes. Good lad.
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • Quintana goes! No one goes with him. Chava starting to blow
  • Gazzetta67
    Gazzetta67 Posts: 1,890
    Columbians can smell the WHITE line up ahead 8)
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    Goddamit I forgot PTP :(
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    Alberto looking troubled.
  • mr_poll
    mr_poll Posts: 1,547
    Sky hit the front to control the pace
  • alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    Those orange Oakley lenses are sooooo nice
  • Rundfahrt
    Rundfahrt Posts: 551
    Quintana passes the Alien and Sky go to the front.
  • Lichtblick
    ThomThom wrote:
    Alberto looking troubled.

More like, Contador right on Froome's wheel.
  • Macaloon
    Kennaugh takes it up. Porte looks red hot. Literally.
  • disgruntledgoat
    Gazzetta67 wrote:
    Columbians can smell the WHITE line up ahead 8)

Keep it in the recreational doping thread! :D
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    Chapeau Chava, chapeau.
    Correlation is not causation.
  • thomthom
    edited July 2013
    Head up, head down.. Head up, head down.. Head up, head down.. Head up, head down.. Head up, head down.. Head up, head down.. Head up, head down.. Head up, head down.. Head up, head down.. Head up, head down.. Head up, head down.. Head up, head down.. Head up, head down.. Head up, head down.. Head up, head down.. Head up, head down.. Head up, head down.. Head up, head down.. Head up, head down.. Head up, head down.. Head up, head down.. Head up, head down.. Head up, head down.. Head up, head down.. Head up, head down.. Head up, head down.. Head up, head down..

It's like watching a slowmo of Degenkolb sprinting..
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    Macaloon wrote:
    Kennaugh takes it up. Porte looks red hot. Literally.

He better be careful, RR is roadside. :wink:
    Correlation is not causation.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    ThomThom wrote:
    Head up, head down.. Head up, head down.. Head up, head down.. Head up, head down.. Head up, head down.. Head up, head down.. Head up, head down.. Head up, head down.. Head up, head down.. Head up, head down.. Head up, head down.. Head up, head down.. Head up, head down.. Head up, head down.. Head up, head down.. Head up, head down.. Head up, head down.. Head up, head down.. Head up, head down.. Head up, head down.. Head up, head down.. Head up, head down.. Head up, head down.. Head up, head down.. Head up, head down.. Head up, head down.. Head up, head down..

That's what he hears on the radio?
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • Rundfahrt
    I can't watch this without looking at the idiosyncrasies of all the riders, after seeing the riding style video yesterday! lol
  • Macaloon
    That's as smooth as Contador has looked all year. 11.5km to go. Quintana with 25s going up.
  • Lichtblick
    Quintana whistling as he climbs like a little bird. No grimacing. Wonderful to watch.
  • disgruntledgoat
    Evans getting dropped

@gietvangent
  • hammerite
    hammerite Posts: 3,408
    Rundfahrt wrote:
    hammerite wrote:
    Rundfahrt wrote:
    Slim boy fat- I see you are going to go cry to the mods...just like you did last year. People like you are solo predictable.

adr82- wee-wee off, at least I am discussing the stage, while you are just whinging because someone is talking about what you want to turn a blind eye too.

The way I see it some Sky riders had a relatively easy day on Friday, others less so. Yesterday was a very easy day for most and Sky have had an armchair ride pretty much until now (when 3 of their own riders went out the back door after a short effort).

If any teams should be suffering from Friday's efforts it should be OPQS, Belkin, Movistar and Saxo. They did the most work for various reasons.

1) You'd better watch out, you are about together attacked for discussing this kind of stuff. (Come on slim boy and adr82, lets be even about your whinging)

2) Sky blew spectacularly on Friday. It was not an easy day by any means.

Not an easy day for the team as a whole, but a couple of riders knocked it off out the back of the group before the Froome split inc Porte. From that point they'd have sat up until caught by the Movistar group and therefore already starting their recovery (of sorts) before the stage has finished.

Regardless of this, I would be more surprised at Belkin or Saxo (or Movistar)tearing it up on the front than Sky as a result of Friday's efforts. Sky put in a dig for a couple of km and have now capitulated.

We should probably be calling out Quintana for what he's doing now after being isolated from his team all day Friday. I won't though as I think two days is adequate recovery.
  • slim_boy_fat
    slim_boy_fat Posts: 1,810
    Cadel struggling
  • Rundfahrt
    Evans getting dropped

And drilling a fan in the stomach with a thrown water bottle! :lol:
  • mr_poll
    mr_poll Posts: 1,547
    Cadel has gone
  • DeadCalm
    DeadCalm Posts: 4,235
    Very disappointing so far.

Good to see Bardet still up there though.
  • thomthom
    ThomThom wrote:

It's like watching a slowmo of Degenkolb sprinting..

That's what he hears on the radio?

Hah, could that be the reason? Some dark, Norwegian death metal in the radio?
  • Rundfahrt
    hammerite wrote:
    Rundfahrt wrote:
    hammerite wrote:
    Rundfahrt wrote:
    Slim boy fat- I see you are going to go cry to the mods...just like you did last year. People like you are solo predictable.

adr82- wee-wee off, at least I am discussing the stage, while you are just whinging because someone is talking about what you want to turn a blind eye too.

The way I see it some Sky riders had a relatively easy day on Friday, others less so. Yesterday was a very easy day for most and Sky have had an armchair ride pretty much until now (when 3 of their own riders went out the back door after a short effort).

If any teams should be suffering from Friday's efforts it should be OPQS, Belkin, Movistar and Saxo. They did the most work for various reasons.

1) You'd better watch out, you are about together attacked for discussing this kind of stuff. (Come on slim boy and adr82, lets be even about your whinging)

2) Sky blew spectacularly on Friday. It was not an easy day by any means.

Not an easy day for the team as a whole, but a couple of riders knocked it off out the back of the group before the Froome split inc Porte. From that point they'd have sat up until caught by the Movistar group and therefore already starting their recovery (of sorts) before the stage has finished.

Regardless of this, I would be more surprised at Belkin or Saxo (or Movistar)tearing it up on the front than Sky as a result of Friday's efforts. Sky put in a dig for a couple of km and have now capitulated.

We should probably be calling out Quintana for what he's doing now after being isolated from his team all day Friday. I won't though as I think two days is adequate recovery.

We can call out Quintana for his ride today, but his isolation involved making the split and having to do absolutely no work because his whole team was behind.

When you blow up that spectacularly you don't recover that quickly as to have some easier riding in the same stage make that big of a difference.
  • slim_boy_fat
    slim_boy_fat Posts: 1,810
    Interesting to see how much of a greater cadence Froome pedals compared to Contador.